Been Gone so Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
So, I lost my vape kit and that happened at a really bad time and I ended up smoking again (Boo!) but now I am back, and things have chu-changed!!! That;s okay. I am an experimenter by nature, so I am buying three kits: an Envii Fitt an eleaf icare, and an Aspire Spryte. All for what it would cost for about a carton of cigarettes. Does anyone know which (if any) ecig/vape companies are owned by big tobacco so I can avoid them?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Greetings and salutations!
Welcome back to the fold.
Rumor is, altria, aka Philip Morris,, owns stock in Juul.
MDlYnWQ.gif

• Agree
Reactions: greek mule

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Me too.. I am really excited to be getting my kits because I don't want to be buying anymore cigs. I am very curious about nic salts because those were not around in the ol' days, and what I can and can't use those with.
Nic salts are, to my understanding, a formulation of the freebase nicotine molecule, where the free valence charge is neutralized with the addition of an acid. This alters the metabolic path, as well as prevents oxidation. I use Salts in everything. If I'm over 100w, I use 0.5mg/ml, above 30w, 1mg, and 3mg in a pod. There are two basic types of salts, smooth, and hit. Hit tastes slightly peppery, and has throat hit. Smooth is almost flavorless, and no perceivable throat feel, to me at least. I find the effects of salts to be more pleasant, which may be due to the lessening of biofeedback, like nausea, but I personally find even different brands of hit salts have different "feels."

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
Moedacai: I have a feeling the JustFog MiniFit is going to become a fav. It was a last second add-on, but I can't wait to try it.

and wow..HigherState D - great info on the nic salts. That gives me a great place to start..ty!

I just got my order confirmation number so my kits are on their way, Yay!!!

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Me too.. I am really excited to be getting my kits because I don't want to be buying anymore cigs. I am very curious about nic salts because those were not around in the ol' days, and what I can and can't use those with.

There's an excellent post above about nic salts, to which I'll add a few more points. Nic salts were developed particularly for low-powered pod mods. The goal was to reduce the throat hit so the nicotine concentration could be bumped up higher. The original breakdown was:

Pod Mods - Low powered, deliver very little juice per vape so tend to have very high nicotine concentrations (often 25 - 50 mg/ml (a.k.a. 2.5% - 5%))
MTL - Mid-level power, moderate juice per vape so moderate nicotine concentration (often 3 - 20 mg/ml)
DL - Higher power, plenty of juice per vape so less nicotine per ml (often 3 - 6 mg/ml)

By varying the amount and concentration of ejuice, you should be able to get roughly the same level of nicotine regardless of the style of vape you prefer.

Anyway, as you can see from @HigherStateD's post, salt nic has moved beyond the pod mod. Like most other aspects of vaping, it's now a case of 'whatever works for you'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread