• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Been off the vapes 3 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
I'm getting more of it today as I left it in the tank over night.

Last splurge - ordered Astro from space jam. It's apple inhale and strawberry exhale so really looking forward to this one! I've got my eye on that front porch one too. Need to cut down on the custards!

I've got a fair idea now of what I really like and what I'll be re-ordering now.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm getting more of it today as I left it in the tank over night.
Yes, I often find that happens! :)

Last splurge - ordered Astro from space jam. It's apple inhale and strawberry exhale so really looking forward to this one! I've got my eye on that front porch one too. Need to cut down on the custards!

I've got a fair idea now of what I really like and what I'll be re-ordering now.
A couple of the Space Jam sound nice - no good for me though: too much PG :)
Think I sickened myself with a custard mixed with Snickerdoodle and a couple of drops of Malaga Ice Cream flavouring - lovely, and used perhaps 4 MOW tanks and can't finish the last bit! :laugh:

I've got a fair idea of what I like best now ...trouble is there's a lot of those around in different makes- I keep finding more! :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Just opened the fiery pear. It's been steeping over a week and it's worth it! Really surprised me as I was going off the CV stuff a little. I got that and Seville marmalade for company tomorrow. (Still my fave ADV) - have you tried that one?
The Pear one was too much hot spice for me, but I'm glad you like it! :)
Can't try Mrs Lord because it's 50/50 PG/VG. There's be a few I'd try otherwise though.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I'm struggling with juice that has too much PG. The derailed juice is PG heavy and I feel a little wheezy after it.
I started getting that 6 weeks in while still using the small cig size ones! After I changed to VG (or as much as I could seeing it varies in nicotine/flavouring) I was fine for perhaps 8 weeks before any amount of PG would give me wheezing and sometimes more severe problems. Add certain flavours adding to the effect, and I do get real difficulty at times.
Only way for me is to make sure I inhale less and try to use less ..and that's not always easy! The 100% VG ones do help a lot, but there's not enough of them that I like a lot to use them all the time.
With something like Derailed, I could not only blame the PG, but also the butter and cinnamon as both flavours can trouble me.

Wow the pear juice is sweet!!! Love it!!! It's had some good welsh air you see!! [emoji2][emoji106]
Of course! ..must be it! :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Good thing I'm not mad about apple or I'd be jealous! :laugh:

Must say though, I quite like the Band Camp (apple pie) from NT. ...and I haven't put any custard in it ...yet! ;)

I tried the Gravity today, and to be honest, I can't taste too much of anything ...yes, it's fruit but not a lot. I must have a blind spot for some fruit ones.
I did get a small bottle of Key Lime Pie from DV though, and it's really quite nice!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Tell you what! Raspberry ripple from Triphammer after 14 day steep is awesome! I like my EMAW to have about 4 air holes open and I vape at 4.2 volts (not find of warm vapes). Really great juice, trouble is 10ml!!
Sounds really good! Wish I could find a good raspberry ..all taste a bit synthetic to me so far.

Was looking at MBV as I really want moo juice. It's cheap but the shipping costs are bonkers!
Well a couple of the chaps on the FastTech thread have ordered from them and this is what one of them told me a month or so ago:

Just ordered some new ones to try from Mt Baker Vapor in the States 5*15ml for $38.20 inc shipping (£3.40/10ml

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Just ordered Front Porch from Grizzly and Airheadz from Epic.

Yuk! Just tried confusion. Not good [emoji30] that plus spotted d and abc are just horrible [emoji30] I've got about 8/9 ML in each bottle if you want them Trisha.
That's so kind of you, and I would have said yes please, but yours will have more PG in it. CV make mine with 100% VG base.
So sorry you didn't like those - I don't use Confusion by itself much, but do mix it with a fair number of things, same goes for ABC. I haven't used the Spottedick for a while, but quite liked it and will go back to it no doubt.

Hope you like the Front Porch and Airheadz. - looking forward to hearing what you think of the Front Porch ...if good, I may try it :)

I'm really liking the NT H1N1 with some Confusion or CLS in it. I can't use it on it's own because it's a PG/VG mix. It doesn't taste like tobacco.

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
If you are not smoking and don't feel the need to vape; maybe call it a day...

OR, play it by ear and try some zero nicotine liquids should the cravings return.

If it was me, I'd take it as a golden opportunity to say goodbye to nicotine, if it can be done. :)

Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. Keep your kit to hand....
Well said. I agree.

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
Ah - interesting to see how it is in a couple of days then! Glad it doesn't actually taste of coconut ..not something I care for in them.

I'm not that keen on melon either ...Think it's one with PG in it though :)

Well I gave in and tried the Airheadz. It's weird and exotic and lots of melon, not enough candy. Both juices left me a little miffed as I was looking forward and expecting more!

To compensate, I've ordered Victoria sponge from mrs lords, Cinammon apple custard from Digbys and I finally got an order of Mothers Milk on the way from RedJuice. So hopefully one of then at least will keep me happy!

Which reminds me, I need to blog about all the juices I've tried since my last post. It's a good way to remind me of what I liked and really didn't like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I reckon I'll give those two a miss! Wasn't too sure about the Front Porch one anyway.
Shame when they're disappointing.

I wish I could try a couple of the Mrs Lords - the Pontefract Cakes and Marmalade both sound good but there's no VG option.
Hopefully, you'll find your two new ones better than the last two!

I'm settling mostly into Chefs Vapours and Nicoticket.

Always good to keep a record of what you think of something - I keep a file with a page for each brand. Easy to see what I've tried and if I liked it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread