Been put off vaping due to bad experience with e-liquid and some other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay99

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
United Kingdom
I went and bought my liberty flights Riva 510 eliq kit (basically a ego w) with 5 boge carts (which I found very difficult to fill as it isn't as easy as it looks on youtube with the condom method as I got juice squirting out of the condom and leaking into the battery) so I dripped instead (which is messy and the liquid sits on top so you have to wait for it to soak in). The eliqs are good as you can easily fill them with a needle but It seems that I have to constantly take primer puffs for it to work and the flavour isn't that good.

I bought RY4, Highway and Winston. RY4 is revolting and it made me feel sick. Tastes like medicine when you exhale through your nose, absolutely horrible. Winston tastes horrible too it tastes like burnt caramel. I can tolerate Highway but it tastes like popcorn and it gets boring.

I have been put off vaping as I am finding it a bad experience. I chose these liquids as they were recommended by LF and because of the quantity of reviews and good rating they receive on their website. I really don't understand why I don't like them. I loved the vapestick and intellicig disposable as they tasted good and were easy and simple to use but I can't get the same e liquid.

Can anyone recommend any good juices or cartomizers that are suitable for me? I've blown £50 on something I don't like and I've gone back to analogs. I really want to quit but I can't do this until I find the right juice.

Thank you

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
First of all, try Vision/Stardust Clearomizers. SUPER easy. The cost is not high because they last a long time on average. You may need a 510-Ego adapter.

On juice, go to EC Blends. They have a ton of flavors you can sample for only $2.50. I have been happy with almost every flavor I have ordered and have tried 50+ of them. You may not like the same flavors I like, taste is very subjective. Most all of us have found trying to find a great tobacco flavor is very hard. Try some fruits and desert flavors besides the tobacco ones...you may find you prefer Dragon's Blood or Vanilla Gorilla or Manna (the best apple pie and ice cream I've ever tasted...my favorite) over the RY4 or tobacco juices. With EC Blends, you can experiment with only a small investment, and their service is outstanding.

Last edited:

JackSam

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
NY USA
LF juices are very artificial / chemical tasting. I think they're just dekang juices.
My main go to after all this time is still the first good juice I tried, Halo Freedom

The entire mess with dripping filling etc.. is indeed a hassle, i always fill from the top dripping in cartos.
Seemingly every type of method / cartomizer / whatever has a drawback, requires some getting used or compromise or something. There will be something that works best for you though that you can live with day to day easily.
Just keep dripping and using those cartos up. When you need to purchase again try something new in small qu antities and get the previous thing you were ok with using just in case. Lots of people go crazy spending money but you really don't have to. Learn to use what you have, and use it up try new stuff in small quantities. Some places let you order singles. Eventually you'll figure out what works easiest for you.

Last edited:

ByeByeCoffinNails

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Kakapo Kountry (New Zealand)
Hi Jay, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Rather than a cartomiser with polyfill, I would suggest a CE4/Stardust. They are easy to fill and work straight out of the box. No filler- just a wick that sucks the juice up. Make sure the wicks stay wet by tilting the juice over them.

What to do about liquid? I see you are in the UK. I don't know anything about UK juice suppliers sadly but one bit of advice I will give you is this: tobacco eliquid does not taste the same as a normal cigarette. The thing is- most of the flavour of a normal cigarette comes from the burning paper. Please do not be put off ejuice though, I know that the idea of vaping fruit or dessert flavours seems a little odd at first, it does take awhile to find the flavour that appeals to you.

Stick with it. Order sample sizes, mix juices of the same nicotine strength to blend flavours. Think about the things you like: if you like fruit, try a fruit flavour. Why not mix some chocolate cream with it? Cinnamon is nice with coffee. Clove and apple?

I vape a mix of Virginia Flue Cured, Clove and Cinnamon. If you have travelled to Turkey or the Middle East, what about flue cured and apple?

Not all juices are created equal. The search for your favourite juices can be expensive, but providing you get small samples, it needn't cost the Earth. This is the hardest part of the transition from smoking to vaping. Read the reviews and find a reviewer that suits your tastes. Hang in there, it does get better I promise.

Love to All,

:vapor:

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
I usually tell people to buy 3 kinds of juices: tobacco, a fruit, and a candy. If you don't like one you can try mixing them together.

I had an RY4 like you did, just terrible, I mixed it with some caramel and cherry and it came out really well.

As for vendors I've been buying from Alien Visions and Mount Baker Vapor. MBV has good tasting juices at a good price, AV is more expensive but they have 100% VG, I love the big vapor and the taste of their juices is more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread