The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Been vapin 4 ever Need help with syringe mod

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by calico21, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. calico21

calico21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been reading on here 4 ever, but to search you have to sign up so here I am. I have bought the clearo's . I love em' with the exception of the cracks. So Here's my question, I got my 3ml BD syringes last night and a cheap tube cutter at a home hardware shop, but it only seems to smush and score tube not cut it. Is there a better cutter or way to cut them. I like the way they are working so far but looking for easier. Any advise appreciated!

2. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Hopefully someone in this section can help. Meanwhile, get 4 more non-spammed posts or replies in New Members and an hour later you will be able to ask elsewhere on the forum (though I am not sure which section is for atomizer/cartomizer mods)

3. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I use the cutter to score the tube then use a box knife to cut the tubes out.

4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I leave the plunger in the syringe to support the tube and use a razor blade to cut it.

Remember that the plunger end of the tube doesn't get cut. Just trim off the finger tabs. Also, I would suggest that you cut the tube a tad long for your first couple attempts.

You can trim it down or sand it smaller but you can't put the plastic back on.

5. calico21

calico21 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks all for your help, I actually have cut both ends and seems to be no problem so far. I got two tubes from each syringe, and smoothed down the ends with my electric finger nail manicure set. It left the ends more opaque than clear but oh well it's working. I was just hoping for a less time consuming way to cut the tubes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.