Been Vaping for 5+ years, been a member of this site for just as long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I generally recommend a general progression from eGo to regulated mods before getting a mechanical mod. Something like an MVP2 which will continue to have the variable voltage option like your eGo, but just as important have built-in protection circuitry to keep you out of harms way.

A mechanical mod has no protection or safeguards like a regulated mod will have. With a mechanical mod you will be vulnerable to atomizer short circuits, 510 connector short circuits, firing button shorts, auto-firing fire buttons, and over-discharging the battery. All of which can cause a battery to go into thermal runaway. Since a regulated mods artificial intelligence can sense these conditions, it will prevent itself from firing the coil to protect itself and you.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Bad makes an excellent recommendation! My wife has the MVP 2 and it's a solid device, I grab it from her all the time :)

If you build a Kayfun would be a good topper and you would save on the expense of having to buy coils, the added flavor is a bonus.
KFL+MVP2.jpg Kayfun RBA on an iTaste MVP2 regulated mod.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

If you're not ready to get into rebuildable tanks, the Aspire Nautilus with the new vertical coil/ceramic wicks can't be beat.

Nautilus_MVP.jpg Nautilus on iTaste MVP2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread