Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
First off, make an appointment with your regular doc and have a full workup. ERs mainly fight ongoing emergencies, they don't look at the possibility of future problems.

Second, watts? Ohms? Has anything changed recently? (settings, juice flavor or brand, etc.) How long have you been at 3 mgs? vaping anything besides nicotine? Are you currently stressed? Maybe vaping like a freight train on occasion? Any changes in other parts of your life that you can pinpoint?

When I get palps I'll take a look at what I've been been doing for the last day. Usually it was vaped way too much, but sometimes it was crappy sleep the night before. Anything over 60% VG also makes my chest heavy and I recently ran into a particular juice flavor that my lungs just don't appreciate. Once I switched flavors I felt better. The same with putting down the mod. Additionally, with a change of equipment I sometimes have to alter my nic dose. As an example, I bought a new RTA not long ago and even though I'm still at the same wattage and ohms as the prebuilt coil system I was using previously, I still had to drop my nic from 3 mg to 2.

While you're waiting on that doctor's appointment try making some changes, one at a time: if you're doing too much hand to mouth, cut back on the number of puffs you take. If that doesn't work, try going with 0 nic for a few days. Look around and see if you can find a juice brand that has a 50/50 mix instead of the 70/30 you've been using. Try changing flavor profiles. You might even switch to flavorless to see if that could be the issue.

Good luck figuring this out. If all else fails, there's always other things to switch to other than smoking if you don't think you can completely quit the nicotine.

Last edited:

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
i have an appointment tmw with a doc gunna have to make sure its a full checkup. 35 watts .40 ohm nothing really changed it was all so sudden, got a new flavor Capone by The Sauce LA (80/20) but i vaped half the bottle with no issues and have tried many diff juices i feel and never had problems. i try to stay 70/30 never went lower than 60/40 do you think the high vg is no good for me? i used to get max vg all the time when i was going for clouds that was years ago tho i really think its the nicotine idk :/

i've been at 3 mg forever and yes i would say i'm stressed that's a big reason i vape. not really sure i got a new rda so i might've been testing it out a .... ton not sure if i was vaping abnormally more though and i do take dabs aswell. i havent been making my own juice latley but u think that could help? lowering nic? cause ive seen posts saying even at 0 nic they were still getting my symptoms but i guess everyones different so i cant say anything till i try..

yea the problem is im scared to even hit it cause the symptoms havent really even left yet dont wanna put myself back in er but one of the incidents was due do taking a dab after vaping and getting palps and aches then the dab rlly put me in a panic.. btw all the discomfort seems to be right on my heart no lungs but when i lay down it messes with my breathing for sure. and that gives me even more anxiety.

thanks for getting back to me so quickly didn't expect that!!! also apologize if my this post is all over the place thats my brain right now

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
i have an appointment tmw with a doc gunna have to make sure its a full checkup. 35 watts .40 ohm nothing really changed it was all so sudden, got a new flavor Capone by The Sauce LA (80/20) but i vaped half the bottle with no issues and have tried many diff juices i feel and never had problems. i try to stay 70/30 never went lower than 60/40 do you think the high vg is no good for me? i used to get max vg all the time when i was going for clouds that was years ago tho i really think its the nicotine idk :/

i've been at 3 mg forever and yes i would say i'm stressed that's a big reason i vape. not really sure i got a new rda so i might've been testing it out a .... ton not sure if i was vaping abnormally more though and i do take dabs aswell. i havent been making my own juice latley but u think that could help? lowering nic? cause ive seen posts saying even at 0 nic they were still getting my symptoms but i guess everyones different so i cant say anything till i try..

yea the problem is im scared to even hit it cause the symptoms havent really even left yet dont wanna put myself back in er but one of the incidents was due do taking a dab after vaping and getting palps and aches then the dab rlly put me in a panic.. btw all the discomfort seems to be right on my heart no lungs but when i lay down it messes with my breathing for sure. and that gives me even more anxiety.

thanks for getting back to me so quickly didn't expect that!!! also apologize if my this post is all over the place thats my brain right now
Hi and welcome,
What are you dabbing?
At what temperatures? PID or torch?
What material is your "nail" made of?
With or without water?
Where are you getting the product?

Do you remember if you had similar levels of anxiety and stress last year around the holidays?

Have you tried vaping unflavored nicotine? Perhaps you have developed a sensitivity to a flavoring or additive.
Have you tried salt based nicotine?

Cheers
I

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
Not judging, just curious why you think it's vaping causing the issue, and if it is, stop vaping. There are many things that would/could cause what you are describing, hope the doctor can get to the bottom of it.
Because i went to the er twice and there was nothing wrong with heart or anything and have never had this problem till a random couple of drips later :/ it rlly started randomly just started having aches and pressure in heart area and pressure in arm aswell ik nicotine narrows blood vessels and heightens blood pressure so it just makes sense.. i hope..

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
Hi and welcome,
What are you dabbing?
With or without water?

Do you remember if you had similar levels of anxiety and stress last year around the holidays?

Have you tried vaping unflavored nicotine? Perhaps you have developed a sensitivity to a flavoring or additive.

Cheers
I
Hi and welcome,
What are you dabbing?
With or without water?

Cheers
I
Crumble Usually around 450-550 on quartz mainly torch with water and not a dispensary unfortunately but a trusted source i think a bit less stressed this time last year i could be wrong though my memory isn't the best best my anxiety/stress is at an all time high recently. I used to make my juice i was using unflavored nic but have just been buying random 120mls vaping The sauce la “capone” right now 80/20. I was gunna say i dont think its the juice cause i vaped 60mls of it and was ok but i guess i wont rlly know till i try and look into everything. So salts might work? someone else said the same thing on another thread

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
Crumble Usually around 450-550 on quartz mainly torch with water and not a dispensary unfortunately but a trusted source i think a bit less stressed this time last year i could be wrong though my memory isn't the best best my anxiety/stress is at an all time high recently. I used to make my juice i was using unflavored nic but have just been buying random 120mls vaping The sauce la “capone” right now 80/20. I was gunna say i dont think its the juice cause i vaped 60mls of it and was ok but i guess i wont rlly know till i try and look into everything. So salts might work? someone else said the same thing on another thread
Also dont really think its the weed because what happned was i woke up took a few vape hits got the pressure/ache dabbed then got increased heart rate obviously which had me questioning if i was goimg to die any second... but ive smoked weed dabbed vaped with no problems all this time so strange rlly ..

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
my anxiety/stress is at an all time high recently.
It could be an anxiety attack. Ask your dr about that possibility. Anxiety attacks are often mistaken for other problems. I'm not a dr but that's what was happening to me. I hope you get some answers from your dr appointment.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Also dont really think its the weed because what happned was i woke up took a few vape hits got the pressure/ache dabbed then got increased heart rate obviously which had me questioning if i was goimg to die any second... but ive smoked weed dabbed vaped with no problems all this time so strange rlly ..
It is strange...

If you just started using the Capone, and it's use coincides with your symptoms, you may have found the solution.
Maybe switch from the "capone" to something lessor flavored/sweetened. Maybe a simple mint or menthol?

Ask your source if the current crumble might be sativa heavy.

If it's the same "everything" you have been using for a while before the problem started, it may be environmental or seasonal or some other variable not yet considered.

Salts will let you use a higher nicotine level and may allow you to vape less overall and still achieve the same level of satisfaction.

HTH
I

• Useful
Reactions: terpinhagen

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
i try to stay 70/30 never went lower than 60/40 do you think the high vg is no good for me? i used to get max vg all the time when i was going for clouds that was years ago tho i really think its the nicotine idk :/

i've been at 3 mg forever and yes i would say i'm stressed that's a big reason i vape. not really sure i got a new rda so i might've been testing it out a .... ton not sure if i was vaping abnormally more though and i do take dabs aswell. i havent been making my own juice latley but u think that could help? lowering nic?
(Post snipped for brevity)

If you were previously doing max VG I'd say that's not the problem.

I do tend to agree with 440BB in that you should probably drop your nic to 0 until your appointment if you can manage it, down to 1 mg if you can't. You also say that you're afraid to vape, so if you can comfortably stop for the time being that works too.

I've also got to agree with Anise, this could be an anxiety problem rather than a vaping problem. You have these symptoms with vaping as well as with dabs and during two trips to the ER where they said everything was normal with your heart. Since nic is a stimulant there's the possibility that it could simply be heightening the effects of an anxiety attack, aka an additional increase in heart rate.

I can tell you that my hubby, who is a never smoker/never vaper (short of an occasional hit off my rig) has had similar symptoms. Like you, he also went to the ER with an all clear. It turned out that it was all anxiety. Once he got away from the job situation he was in the symptoms stopped, though if he gets worked up for some reason he'll have a recurrence.

So yeah, drop your nic, go back to flavorless if you want to rule that out. Try some breathing exercises or find some binaural beats on Youtube for relaxation. Most of all, be honest with your doc about everything going on in your life and good luck!

• Agree

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
thanks for everyones support and insight means a ton! id reply to yall but itd just be too much haha.
so i went to the doc he very anti vape and hes older so idk its hard to talk rationally about it if that makes sense and especially because obvi me telling him im still considering vaping again is crazy...

but yea he thinks its anxiety/vape just being bad for me and saying things like people having heart attacks tht had similar symtoms or whatever idk if hes just tryna scare me or maybe im just making excuses cuz i want to what i wanna do which is vape duh :/ hes actually very pro weed and is helping me get a med card for anxiety which is great. cause that will rule out possible impurities i guess you'd say in my dabs/weed which i doubt but yea.

not much else to say but ive been chewing nic gum to not suffer completely and ive been kinda scared to even try vaping again but when/if i do ill for sure be making my own mix with unflavoured nic 0-2mg maybe even a diff ratio lower vg probably my best bet due to tight/heavy chest.

at this point im just hoping for the best when/if i do try and vape again gunna go easy take small hits wait some time rlly try and narrow things down.. and im 100% doc says only other thing he could do for me is put a Catheter in me to check for whatever im not familiar and that sounds scary lol

thanks again guys really appreciate everything - James Ω

Reactions: Anise

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm not anti-weed, but I still find it funny that there are so many medical professionals out there that will help you get weed and tell you how bad vaping is. A school in my area even has a room for the students with medical mj cards to go smoke their dope, but we're all up in arms about the kiddos vaping!!

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
I'm not anti-weed, but I still find it funny that there are so many medical professionals out there that will help you get weed and tell you how bad vaping is. A school in my area even has a room for the students with medical mj cards to go smoke their dope, but we're all up in arms about the kiddos vaping!!
What school?!?! I want in lol fr tho thats crazy though ive never heard of that. I mean i dont want to get into a debate here but weed has 0 effect on me besides being lazy, happy or energetic and helping my anxiety ofc :) depending on strain. Vape on the other hand is ....ing me up :/ we need more docs like that imo in jersey atleast its rlly hard to get a card here

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
but yea he thinks its anxiety/vape just being bad for me and saying things like people having heart attacks tht had similar symtoms or whatever idk if hes just tryna scare me or maybe im just making excuses cuz i want to what i wanna do which is vape duh :/ hes actually very pro weed and is helping me get a med card for anxiety which is great. cause that will rule out possible impurities i guess you'd say in my dabs/weed which i doubt but yea.

Woah, woah, wait a minute. You're afraid of the vape but you're getting your dabs from unknown sources and you doubt their impurities???

You do realize that there can be all sorts of things wrong with the dabs, don't you? And that one of the side effects of being too high is anxiety?

Or that thousands have been made sick and over 50 have died from THC vape oil from unknown sources?

How about that vaping has never been linked to a serious health problem and that it improves vascular function within a month of switching away from cigarettes?

First off, if you were never a die hard smoker just stay away from the vape and stick with the gum. Second, educate yourself about the fracking dabs: "“Dirty” oil may contain chemical contaminants or excessive amounts of residual solvents that could present health hazards to consumers." - What is dabbing and how do dabs work?

terpinhagen

Dec 23, 2019
NJ
lol relax i'm educated on the fracking dabs XD u realize what you are referring to is a cartridge epidemic chinese carts bought off instagram etc... i could be wrong but everything ive seen or heard thus far on that is cartridges which i stay far away from. and i mean im not wrong for doubting impurities when i know multiple users of the same product and they arent having any issues or symptoms im getting and they dont vape...

and being too high is not the problem. smoking weed in general when im having chest pressure and aches believed to be from vape is a problem.. and regardless if after switching from cigs ur vascular function gets better nicotine still tightens blood vessels i dont wanna debate tbh just wanna get better and maybe even vape again i miss it so much :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread