Sudden Heart issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwadruple

Nov 13, 2012
washington, dc
I've been vaping since 2010 and haven't had an actual cigarette in ten years. I have never had a single health concern until late June. I started waking up with light chest and back pain and when lying down before bed, I would experience the type of palpitations where it feels like your heart skipped a beat and gives you a brief little shock. I have a blood pressure monitor at home and every time I checked, I was at or near 105/70. I went in for a check up which consisted of a covid test (neg) and an ekg and nothing was showing up as irregular. I have been using the same setup for at least the past five years, A Sigilei 100w box mod at home with aspire Triton, and an istick 40w with a kanger mini when I leave the house. I use 50/50 pg/vg and never more than 3g nicotine (for a lot of flavors I order 0). I just took two days off completely from vaping and all of the symptoms are gone. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? I've been trying to locate a variable I may have missed but I can't come up with anything and I'd really hate to give up vaping. It seems strange to me that I could go ten years without a single issue and all of a sudden my body is saying no.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Without knowing your age, diet, exercise regime, sugar intake, alcohol consumption, weight range and a host of other stuff like preexisting illness's and medications, etc I doubt anyone could make any kind of assessment. And even if that was all out in the open, I doubt anyone here could make any kind of assessment for you.
Im not being factious or dismissive at all. Hope you get it sorted.
Maybe someone will come along and surprise me. :)

kwadruple

Nov 13, 2012
washington, dc
Right, I'm not expecting a detailed diagnosis from a medical professional. I'm more or less asking if anyone else has had a similar experience that I can use to compare and try to eliminate any other culprits. If the symptoms return I will of course return to the doctor. But, if it's helpful, I'm a male, mid 30s, 5'8 130lbs, and do at least an hour of cardio every day. I know anecdotal evidence is only worth so much but it's worth examining.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Right, I'm not expecting a detailed diagnosis from a medical professional. I'm more or less asking if anyone else has had a similar experience that I can use to compare and try to eliminate any other culprits. If the symptoms return I will of course return to the doctor. But, if it's helpful, I'm a male, mid 30s, 5'8 130lbs, and do at least an hour of cardio every day. I know anecdotal evidence is only worth so much but it's worth examining.
Choose one of the private lab services like Ulta and get some blood work. Pay with your own money or HSA. In particular get the test that includes red blood cell count, hemaglobin, iron, etc.,, unless that was done recently. You'd be looking for signs of anemia, that can have many root causes.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I went in for a check up which consisted of a covid test (neg) and an ekg and nothing was showing up as irregular.

See a doctor. Get a thorough checkup, blood work, etc. Covid test and an ekg won't tell you anything about your health. And good luck!

kwadruple

Nov 13, 2012
washington, dc
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. They had me record my heart rate for a week and I did a blood test. Everything was normal and the symptoms haven't returned. I've gone back to vaping (zero nicotine) with no issues so far. Maybe it was just a passing thing or anxiety. Anyway, thanks for the advice and if it ever comes back or I learn any more I'll be sure to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread