Beginning with a New Tank and Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talie

Sep 1, 2019
New tank

I suggest that upon buying any new Tank, like a SMOK TFV8 Baby Tank that you learn how to take it apart, also remove the coil and put it back in making sure it is secure and will not leak!! Then you will reassemble the tank before adding any oil! The coil is very important upon purchase of a new tank make sure that it comes with a extra coil if not buy one, because just today my new tank came with a faulty coil and this is not unusual!!! Just happens! Also if you buy a Mod make sure that you have good batteries. I purchase all my vape mods, batteries, tanks, and coils from EBay! Cheaper than your local vape shop and more variety!
SMOK is one of the better brands also ELeaf is very good product. As far as my e-liquids
I order them online from the Electronic Tobacconist!! As cheap as $8.95-$20 for a 60 ml bottle of 70/30 juice!!!! I just paid a total of $34.19 free shipping for a SMOK ProColor 225W mod with a TFV8 Baby tank! EBay!! Then $9.95 for 60 ml of e-liquid!!! I do buy my coils from the vape shop most of the time.... just because only $5 a coil no matter what. Up to you but just some advice for beginners because I learned the hard way today!!!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I suggest you avoid Smok products especially since you think getting faulty coils isn’t unusual. It can happen but I’ve never gotten a bum coil. You know what else I’ve never done? I’ve never bought a Smok product, almost did once but luckily I was steered clear by an ECF member and toward a better product. Also avoid eBay for batteries especially but in general isn’t a bad idea either. Also $5 a coil seems a bit high, if you check the vendors listed below on the main forum page you may find a better price although like I said I’m not familiar with Smok gear. Anyway good luck and stick around here for awhile, you may be able to learn a thing or two.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Yes I agree, the tfv12 tank is superb but the coils let it down, I noticed that smok have the new 16 out, not tried it,but however you go you will find problems, the freemax pro mesh is a fantastic bit of kit but let down by the sliding cap, however its easy to sort, just stick a wide vape band on and it's all good, apparently smok have addressed the coil problem so it might be worth having another try

Reactions: Tonee N

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hello Talie, welcome to ecf.
Personally I strongly disagree with buying gear, juice, and most especially batteries off ebay. Only buy batteries from Mooch approved vendors. Smok qc is horrible and only buy mods from vendors that are trusted and provide a warranty. Juice, just no.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Talie, I hate to say this but from what I've learned around here (and from my own experiences) you did everything wrong. There are lots of good deals on devices, tanks and juices if you look around (or just ask here) and the only defective coils I bought were from e-bay! Like others warned, batteries from e-bay are probably not what you think and can actually be dangerous. I got a deal on juices for being a first time customer and got four 30 ml bottles for $4.44 including free shipping! There are closeout deals on mods/tanks you can get a $80-$90 setup for $20. Authentic oils (usually sold in packs of 5) are around $3 each. Please don't hate me... I didn't mean to disrespect you, just saying a week on these forums and you could have done better. When I started out I got everything from the local "smoke shop" (not even actual vape shop) and got ripped off... they knew I was a noobie (sucker) I was supposed to say "welcome to ECF" but your post with quadruple exclamation points freaked me out. You actually got a good deal on that mod... maybe get a better tank that uses different coils. Others can give you great advice on that. Lots of good people here... hope I didn't come across as an ars hole.

• Agree
Reactions: Marper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread