Looking for tanks which do no leak for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipskicks300

Moved On
May 6, 2022
Yes the TFV8 X baby has top airflow I'm almost 100% positive now I don't know if you'll be able to find them anymore they are rather older. They used to come in a kit with an rba. I think it was the majestic kit or something like that it was the resin original version I think they redid the kit. Anyhow I'm sure they sold them separately as well and smoke brand tanks do tend to hang around for a while They produce a lot of them so even though it's a few years or more old you may still be able to find one.

There may also be other ones I just know of that one

These would accept all of the baby beast coils right? Wow I never heard of this one, there's so many atomizers that I don't know of, but thank you for this!!

pipskicks300

Moved On
May 6, 2022
VA has them for $25. Just be forewarned that it could take forever to get it delivered to you depending where you live since they are using small regional and last-mile carriers. They might not eve ship to you at all if there are no last-mile carriers that service your zip code. Smok TFV8 X-Baby Sub Ohm Tank

Yeah it's hard to find things shipped to me. I guess time to keep an eye out on the classifieds sections :thumbs:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
These would accept all of the baby beast coils right? Wow I never heard of this one, there's so many atomizers that I don't know of, but thank you for this!!
So I had to refresh my memory because I know there's one smok tank that I have that does not take anything but propriety coils and it is the X baby and there's a very good reason for that. Because it is top airflow the manufacturers have to make some sort of modification to make sure that the airflow comes in through the top but then goes up under the coil or to the side of the coil. Some of them do it with the tank configuration that's how they usually do it with RTAs but for this tank the coil itself is how the air goes through to the bottom so it has to be created with an outer chamber and then the coil separate on the inside connected at the bottom. So I would actually advise against purchasing the X baby. You're not going to have an easy time finding coils and it will only take the smoke x baby coils.

Now I use a lot of smok tanks I do like them especially since most of them have RBA's. I have like five different tanks at least probably more that take the regular baby beast style coils and all of the compatible coils with the TFV8 baby beast. I have never had any of those coils leak. Now sometimes people get a bad coil but I haven't had that issue. Certainly not calling the people who have wrong I've just perhaps been lucky. Even if you did have leaking it would probably just be an individual fault in a coil. Even the RBA I have never had a single leaking issue

I usually use the vaporesso GT cores but I also recently bought like 300 smok coils because they were so cheap. So that's actually what I would recommend you do is just get one of the baby beast compatible tanks and don't worry so much about that top airflow. Because that top airflow is going to make the coil very proprietary

pipskicks300

Moved On
May 6, 2022
So I had to refresh my memory because I know there's one smok tank that I have that does not take anything but propriety coils and it is the X baby and there's a very good reason for that. Because it is top airflow the manufacturers have to make some sort of modification to make sure that the airflow comes in through the top but then goes up under the coil or to the side of the coil. Some of them do it with the tank configuration that's how they usually do it with RTAs but for this tank the coil itself is how the air goes through to the bottom so it has to be created with an outer chamber and then the coil separate on the inside connected at the bottom. So I would actually advise against purchasing the X baby. You're not going to have an easy time finding coils and it will only take the smoke x baby coils.

Now I use a lot of smok tanks I do like them especially since most of them have RBA's. I have like five different tanks at least probably more that take the regular baby beast style coils and all of the compatible coils with the TFV8 baby beast. I have never had any of those coils leak. Now sometimes people get a bad coil but I haven't had that issue. Certainly not calling the people who have wrong I've just perhaps been lucky. Even if you did have leaking it would probably just be an individual fault in a coil. Even the RBA I have never had a single leaking issue

I usually use the vaporesso GT cores but I also recently bought like 300 smok coils because they were so cheap. So that's actually what I would recommend you do is just get one of the baby beast compatible tanks and don't worry so much about that top airflow. Because that top airflow is going to make the coil very proprietary

I like to use the GT Ccell coils so I have the cascade baby Se and an eleaf rotor that I use with them. I guess I have read a few reports of people with these or similar with leaking issues. I have read a few people recommend switching to a top air flow option.

I didn't know if there was a baby beast model but now I think there must not be because the coils are going to need the air flow to come from the bottom. But your report of never having a leak also makes me feel better lol!
I'm guessing people let their device get too warm in the car or something, but I also live in a warm environment, so I should probably at least keep it in mind.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

Angelo 1

Sep 27, 2020
Hello there.
I need members advice to purchase a not leaking tank.
I use to have SMOK TFV8 X-Baby one with X-Baby coils, but these are not easy to get these days, plus they are too small in capacity.
Tried several others as GeekVape Cerberus Tank and others, but they are all leak as hell.
Based on your personal experience - what would you recommend?
Thanks.
I think I have a x baby. Or x baby brother, with the rba, I'll look to see what x it is , let me dig down in my Rabbit hole

pipskicks300

Moved On
May 6, 2022
I think I have a x baby. Or x baby brother, with the rba, I'll look to see what x it is , let me dig down in my Rabbit hole

Oh I was confused and thought it was the same baby beast form that accepts all of the baby beast coils. But this is a top airflow and won't accept all the ccell coils I stocked up on
I guess if you're interested in telling us the details I'd be curious, but I am not sure if I would use it unless they have a similar coil.

pipskicks300

Moved On
May 6, 2022

Have you tried the Vaporesso tanks? I am mostly using those, but the same tank form and accepts the same coils. I think vaporesso is pretty good too right? I hope so anyways I actually don't have the smok brand tank, but I guess if it's an improvement they are usually easy to find.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If I'm reading this chart right, (and assuming they are correct) the X-Baby tank only takes X-Baby coils.

SMOK Coil Compatibility Guide

X-baby tank - compatible coils are...

V8 X-BABY T6 Coil 0.2ohm
    V8 X-BABY X4 Coil 0.13ohm
    V8 X-BABY M2 Coil 0.25ohm
    V8 X-BABY Q2 Coil 0.4ohm
    V8 X-BABY RBA Coil​

Reactions: pipskicks

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Have you tried the Vaporesso tanks? I am mostly using those, but the same tank form and accepts the same coils. I think vaporesso is pretty good too right? I hope so anyways I actually don't have the smok brand tank, but I guess if it's an improvement they are usually easy to find.
    No no improvement, the vaporesso tanks are fine I like them just as well I use them too. I really bought the smok tanks back when they were coming with Rbas. There really isn't much difference in my personal opinion It's usually the coils that make the tank good or not good and since they use the same coils as long as they don't have a really truly stupid tank design they should all perform pretty much the same

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I like to use the GT Ccell coils so I have the cascade baby Se and an eleaf rotor that I use with them. I guess I have read a few reports of people with these or similar with leaking issues. I have read a few people recommend switching to a top air flow option.

I didn't know if there was a baby beast model but now I think there must not be because the coils are going to need the air flow to come from the bottom. But your report of never having a leak also makes me feel better lol!
    I'm guessing people let their device get too warm in the car or something, but I also live in a warm environment, so I should probably at least keep it in mind.
    I actually use a higher PG e-juice than most people who use these type of coils and I still don't get leaks and I live in Florida so it's pretty hot. There is one thing I don't usually take my mods with glass tanks out of the house. I imagine if I were to take one of these out and leave it in the car and let the juice get really hot it would probably leak. I also live almost at sea level so maybe in higher altitudes it might be more leak prone as well. But the juice that I use is 60 VG which is thicker and 40 PG which is thinner. Most sub ohm tank juice is going to be closer to 70 vg 30 pg or even 80 VG 20 PG. And the thinner the juice the easier it is for a tank to leak with a sub ohm commercial coil in general. And yet I still don't have leaking. There's one other thing if you leave your tanks standing with juice in it for a long time like days weeks maybe a month it's more likely to leak. I usually clean my tanks and put them up without e-juice as soon as I'm done using them for more than a day or two

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread