*****Best 150W box mod*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillh10

Jan 19, 2018
Hello guys and girls, I’m looking for a lightweight 150W mod at least.. I have a Tesla 220W punk and I love it but I’m looking for another mod that’s lighter and I can take with me more on the go?! Any suggestions on what would be best? I use a Valyrian tank and I just purchased the freemax fireluke.. Lightweight & battery life would be my two biggest concerns.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The problem you’ve got is batteries. If you want more than about 60w out of a mod you need a dual battery device. The mod itself then becomes a small percentage of the weight. While you might be able to find a slightly lighter smaller mod, it won’t be a LOT smaller or lighter. You might look at a squid double barrel. That’s about as small and light as well made dual battery mods get

MegaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
USA
www.megavaper.com
Yea, its tough to be the lightest unless the mod only holds one battery. But 1 battery box mods max out at about 85 watts. That would be an Eleaf Pico. Something new and pretty nice at 230w could be the Ravage.

Ill include a list of a bunch of mods here. There sorted out by battery capacity and Max wattage. 23 Best Box Mods Affordable Vapes Under 50 dollars 2018 - Mega Vaper

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello guys and girls, I’m looking for a lightweight 150W mod at least.. I have a Tesla 220W punk and I love it but I’m looking for another mod that’s lighter and I can take with me more on the go?! Any suggestions on what would be best? I use a Valyrian tank and I just purchased the freemax fireluke.. Lightweight & battery life would be my two biggest concerns.
Welcome and glad you joined.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The problem you’ve got is batteries. If you want more than about 60w out of a mod you need a dual battery device. The mod itself then becomes a small percentage of the weight. While you might be able to find a slightly lighter smaller mod, it won’t be a LOT smaller or lighter. You might look at a squid double barrel. That’s about as small and light as well made dual battery mods get
I agree with this. The most wattage you'll get out of a single battery mod is about 60 - 75 watts due to the limits a single 18650 battery can give you.

I have the Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus dual battery mod. It may fit your profile. It's sturdy yet relatively lightweight. If you use a couple of good 20 amp batteries, you can get 120 watts. With a couple of good 25 amp batteries, you can get up to 150 watts.

7d9e18592d11bf99f7cde30813ee6bf0.jpg

Last edited:

rocgod

May 15, 2018
I agree with Sonic Bomb, the Smoant Charon is a good way to go and like they said "best" is so subjective. I find that really listening to what other like and why is better than just trying to get the best one. A lot of mods have many pros and cons that I find what work in my budget is the way to go for me. Ones like the Smoant or something by Vandy Vape has held up to a lot of use and seem for me to last.

Reactions: stols001

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I’m reluctant to recommend this because I’ve had some minor issues with mine, but Wismec makes smaller mods that take multiple batteries. My 3 battery Wismec Releux Gen 3 is smaller then my 2 battery Lost Vape Paranormal 166, but the Paranormal feels nicer in my hand with the leather cushion area. Also, the Paranormal uses a DNA chip which is a great chip for reliability and accuracy. There are generally better warranties on DNA enabled devices in case something goes wrong as well.

hillh10

Jan 19, 2018
I’m reluctant to recommend this because I’ve had some minor issues with mine, but Wismec makes smaller mods that take multiple batteries. My 3 battery Wismec Releux Gen 3 is smaller then my 2 battery Lost Vape Paranormal 166, but the Paranormal feels nicer in my hand with the leather cushion area. Also, the Paranormal uses a DNA chip which is a great chip for reliability and accuracy. There are generally better warranties on DNA enabled devices in case something goes wrong as well.
I have thought about getting a DNA mod, I just have questioned it due to the cost..

hillh10

Jan 19, 2018
I have thought about getting a DNA mod, I just have questioned it due to the cost..
I guess I realize it’ll have to hold 2 batteries so it’ll still be somewhat heavy.. I don’t mind it being somewhat heavy my Tesla is just so heavy.
Just want something more pocket friendly, when I put my Tesla in my pocket it weighs my pants down LOL

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I had a punk. I loved all things about it except picking it up, it hurt my hands. I sold it.

My vote for a pocket friendly dual battery mod would be the eleaf invoke as well (and trust me I know about the punk) it's probably one of the lightest, smallest two battery mods out there, and doesn't really sacrifice build quality (IMO, it's not as robust as the punk probably, it's also not constructed almost entirely of metal) it's a good out and about mod and mine has held up fine even after a few drops.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread