Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What is the maximum watts you are ever going to use?

If you'll never go over 100 watts you are safe with 20 amp batteries.
If you want to be able to use all 150 watts, you need 30 amp batteries.

Beyond that, chosing the highest mAh rating will generally give you the longest run time on a charge.

@Mooch has tested a lot of our batteries and you can check out his findings of how these batteries actually tolerate current draw here.

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
the general go to batteries with decent capacity are the samsung 25rs or the sony vtc4 or vtc5. there have been many tests done comparing them and in general the samsung batteries perform best for the longest. unless you are planning on doing all your vaping at 150w i wouldnt go with anything else. up to 120w (or even 130w) they are class leading.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sony VTC4 2100 mah 30 amp batteries. I suggest you increase your chances of getting genuine Sony's by purchasing them at RTD Vapor, Illumn., IMR Batteries, or Orbtronics. Don't buy from Ebay or Amazon. Battery Basics for Mods

41irHBPqhrL._SY355_.jpg
Sony VTC4

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
in general if you are using a dual parallel mod the 25r 18650s can push even higher than that. they are perfectly safe and can be used at a constant 20A from full charge to dead. under typical vaping they are also perfectly safe if used a bit higher. you will not have any issues at all with the 25r's. the sony vtc5 can also be used at that power without issue as well. if you want to use the mod up to 150W you would want to consider the sony VTC4 or even better the LG HB2 or HB6(at the expense of capacity)

at what point will people realize that battery safety is one of the advantages with regulated mods. the safety features built into the mods are meant to mitigate risk associated with issues caused by batteries.

in general if you are using a dual parallel mod the 25r 18650s can push even higher than that. they are perfectly safe and can be used at a constant 20A from full charge to dead. under typical vaping they are also perfectly safe if used a bit higher. you will not have any issues at all with the 25r's. the sony vtc5 can also be used at that power without issue as well. if you want to use the mod up to 150W you would want to consider the sony VTC4 or even better the LG HB2 or HB6(at the expense of capacity)

at what point will people realize that battery safety is one of the advantages with regulated mods. the safety features built into the mods are meant to mitigate risk associated with issues caused by batteries.
Hello it's been a while lol...
So I have been using my Sigelei strong for the last month and I have a wuestion for you. I have the Samsung 25r batteries and I am worried that I am "overusing" them. I have been vaping at 110 watts with is about 4.8 v. I am wondering if the Samsung 25r batteries are strong enough for this device. I have been charging my batteries with the Nitecore D2 charger if that means anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread