Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
I could be wrong, but I don't think you actually need an adapter because both the Kanger T3S and the Provari have ego threading (?). I could be wrong, my first Provari is on the way. However, my friend has a Provari and she is able to use the innokin IClear30 I gave her (which also fit on my Ego). On my Ego, I use Kanger T3S routinely.

Maybe she already has an adapter.....GAHHHHHH, Now I want to know too!

Do you have an older Provari or did you just get a new one?

Happy to stand corrected if need be....experts? Is an adapter needed for this?

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
ProVari's only have 510 threading so you'll need an adapter to use anything with eGo threading. I've noticed that some 510 to eGo adapters don't work for various clearos and the adapters are a tad bit different from one manufacturer to another. So I have a few that I can try and most of the time one will work. I can't get a mini Protank to work on a ProVari though. I didn't try very hard as I have other 510 threaded tanks I usually use with my ProVari.

As far as your question, I don't think it matters as long as it works with the T3's.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
The iClear 30 uses 510 threading. There's this on Provari's website
Ego-T Adapter

That's so odd, because I watched her vape the very same Iclear 30 that I had already attached to my Ego VV2. Is it possible that older Provaris were not Ego threaded? She told me that she did not have an adapter but then she relies on her BF to set up her gear for her....

OH not weird at all....see this....http://www.discountvapers.com/ego-vs-510-thread-what-is-the-difference/

Egos are also 510 threaded. Since the T3S is ego threaded....well maybe an adapter is needed. If so, the adapter from the Provari site (listed above) should be fine.

Personally, I will be using the Kanger Protank2s for now and the T3S on my Egos.

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
eGo's have both 510 and eGo threading.

That's so odd, because I watched her vape the very same Iclear 30 that I had already attached to my Ego VV2. Is it possible that older Provaris were not Ego threaded? She told me that she did not have an adapter but then she relies on her BF to set up her gear for her....

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Ok, let me get this straight, You have a Provari and you want to use and ego style tank on it? Really? Wouldn't you rather use an atomizer that would make your Provari shine?? Why get a Provari and not start looking into a good rba that will blow your mind. If you are going to stick with a kanger T3 why invest in a Provari? Just saying.

The Provari has only 510 threads. Why? you may ask? Because the widest range of quality rba's are 510 threads. Your not going to see those huge delicious clouds of vape just because you have a Provari. One needs to look at what they are atomizing their juice in, and what kind of build they want to do. Yeah you can get an adaptor to fire ego threaded atomizers, but why? You have a quality pvd, why would you want to use a cheap tin can to cook your juice in.

If you want to aspire Vapenes, look for a better frying pan. lol.

Apologies it I've offended anyone's love for cheap poor performance atty's, but just giving MHO.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Ok, let me get this straight, You have a Provari and you want to use and ego style tank on it? Really? Wouldn't you rather use an atomizer that would make your Provari shine?? Why get a Provari and not start looking into a good rba that will blow your mind. If you are going to stick with a kanger T3 why invest in a Provari? Just saying.

The Provari has only 510 threads. Why? you may ask? Because the widest range of quality rba's are 510 threads. Your not going to see those huge delicious clouds of vape just because you have a Provari. One needs to look at what they are atomizing their juice in, and what kind of build they want to do. Yeah you can get an adaptor to fire ego threaded atomizers, but why? You have a quality pvd, why would you want to use a cheap tin can to cook your juice in.

If you want to aspire Vapenes, look for a better frying pan. lol.

Apologies it I've offended anyone's love for cheap poor performance atty's, but just giving MHO.

LOL, I wasn't going to go there....

but the T3S is not poor performing (on my Egos). However, I won't be vaping the T3S on my Provari (when it arrives, God why doesn't it arrive TODAY!). I have heard good things about the Protank 2 though. I am not ready for RBAs, still clinging to the Clearo. Not sure about OPs tank preference.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
LOL, I wasn't going to go there....

lmao, Yeah but you decided to anyways. Just trying to be helpful in my sarcastic humorous way. Least I'm not the only one to get a chuckle out of my humorous wit. I'm sure the T3X9 is right up there with the PT2Z.

Vape on!

Vape the World!!! roflmfao.

edit: The PT2 is a decent beginners tank. It actually is a stepping stone for rba's. You change out the coil head when the performance gets lacking. That's all an rba is. Changing out the wick on my Russian rba and doing a dry burn, takes maybe 30 seconds longer than unscrewg a kanger and replacing the coil head. Add in the 15 minute soak time that is needed on a kanger to allow for reliable performance, and I am way ahead of you, already vape 2ml of juice. The initial coil wrap and setup takes maybe 15 minuets at most. Of course the first build always takes longer, and then there's the trial and error of new builds and so forth. Finding your ideal wire for the ohms you want for the coil, then there's the micro, nano, nano dragon, genesis, ceramic, SS mesh, cotton, silica, .... I do more reading on builds than I do on building builds. But we all have to start some where.

Thought the pt was fran fraking tastic when I first used one, now, well in comparison, there is none. It gives a muted taste, vapor is merely ok, They do make great stocking stuffer though. lol Don't get me wrong, is good, but it's so very mediocre also. It's like trying to compare Johnny Walker green label to Johnny walker Blue label. Yeah, there is no comparison.

Have fun with the big P.

Last edited:

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
I started off with 808 threaded cig-alikes. Bought a Provari - 510 thread. So I have 808 to 510 (double female) adapters and 510 to 808 adapters (double male) so I can mix and match my toppers with the bottoms. And I also use a cheap 510 ATTY on my 808 batteries (don't want any drips onto the Provari's circuit board) ! So much for the Provari elitist aspect! I'm sure there is a 510 to Ego adapter available.

Last edited:

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
lmao, Yeah but you decided to anyways. Just trying to be helpful in my sarcastic humorous way. Least I'm not the only one to get a chuckle out of my humorous wit. I'm sure the T3X9 is right up there with the PT2Z.

Vape on!

Vape the World!!! roflmfao.

edit: The PT2 is a decent beginners tank. It actually is a stepping stone for rba's. You change out the coil head when the performance gets lacking. That's all an rba is. Changing out the wick on my Russian rba and doing a dry burn, takes maybe 30 seconds longer than unscrewg a kanger and replacing the coil head. Add in the 15 minute soak time that is needed on a kanger to allow for reliable performance, and I am way ahead of you, already vape 2ml of juice. The initial coil wrap and setup takes maybe 15 minuets at most. Of course the first build always takes longer, and then there's the trial and error of new builds and so forth. Finding your ideal wire for the ohms you want for the coil, then there's the micro, nano, nano dragon, genesis, ceramic, SS mesh, cotton, silica, .... I do more reading on builds than I do on building builds. But we all have to start some where.

Thought the pt was fran fraking tastic when I first used one, now, well in comparison, there is none. It gives a muted taste, vapor is merely ok, They do make great stocking stuffer though. lol Don't get me wrong, is good, but it's so very mediocre also. It's like trying to compare Johnny Walker green label to Johnny walker Blue label. Yeah, there is no comparison.

Have fun with the big P.

Dice, I knew I could count on you to provide a good recommendation. Not to derail OPs thread, but I will order a PT2Z and stick my toe in the RBA waters....Many of you have mentioned going RBA.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
OP....ScandaLex found another adapter you can use...See below. He has this one:

Here ya go Norma. This is where I got my 510/eGo adapter. With it I'm able to use all my eGo tanks on my mini. 1st & 2nd pic is a T3S.

20131002_153021_20131002_153704_zpsf86e53b8.jpg
20131002_153208_20131002_153648_zpsaa484f79.jpg
20130927_124253_20131002_153737_zps68be409f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread