Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Ok, so I'm starting to get into tube mods and all the wonderful batteries that go with it.

I'll be using 18650, Rcr123 (6v ones??), and 14500 once I find my GF a mini woodvil lol.. I do have the 4.8v batteries now as well.

Here's the thing. I'm super lazy, and I'm reading all this stuff about having to set timers, and check with multimeter, and not leave them unattended, etc... Is there a luxury charger out there that is safe to leave unattended, or a smart charger that can be programed to charge anything and shut off automatically?

What's the best, easiest, and safest way to charge multiple batteries? Show me your pimpin' chargers people!

jmanning

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Pila, from Super T Manufacturing, it's more of a battery conditioner than a charger. Which means your batts will never over charge and it'll top off the charge, which means you get the full life of the batts.

The Pila is definitely the top of the line and safest consumer charger for Li-Ion/IMR batteries, but it will not work with your 4.8v NiMH batteries.

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
Thanks for the recomendation people! I know I'm stuck with the 5v stuff, but i have a charger for that already. Once my mods and batteries pile up, it would be nice to leave them all on overnight and not have to stress about overcharging or explosions haha..

I'll check out that pila charger!

You should not leave batteries in a charger unattended or overnight, any charger, even the Pila. It's a bad habit and one you shouldn't get into.

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
Pila FTW.. When I started modding 8 months ago I bought 8 14500 trustfire flames to rotate. I am still using the original 8. They show no signs of dying or wearing out yet. Not saying other battery chargers would not have done this, but here's a definite that this one will do what it says. I'm guilty of leaving my batteries in longer than I should but have not had a problem so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread