Batteries and Charger - best place to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
Ok, so just ordered a new Tesla mod kit. It was the only way vendor was selling this mod...with 2 batteries (18650), charger, tank and 2 carto's. I'm going to assume the batteries and charger are probably on the lower end of quality scale given the price I paid (less than $80 for entire kit).

Best place to buy batteries at competitive price?
How about a quality charger that shuts down once complete to prevent overcharge?
... is there one that can hold more than 2 batteries at a time?

Thanks all.

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
For a multi-channel quality battery charger that does exactly what you are wanting, I would recommend this one:
XTAR WP6 II Intelligent Charger

I have the WP2 that holds 2 batteries, and it is awesome. They both do what you need.

As for batteries. the cheapest place is probably Fasttech out of Hong Kong, but you need to know what to buy and what not to buy. Just stick to the common brand names you know, like Panasonic, Sony, Sanyo, Samsung, etc. I would stay away from any brands with "fire" in the name, like FandyFire, UniqueFire, TrustFire, UltraFire, etc.

Go to Fasttech at
FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics
and search on "li ion"

Good Luck
JD

Last edited:

u4ia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Hornell, NY
Ok, so just ordered a new Tesla mod kit. It was the only way vendor was selling this mod...with 2 batteries (18650), charger, tank and 2 carto's. I'm going to assume the batteries and charger are probably on the lower end of quality scale given the price I paid (less than $80 for entire kit).

Best place to buy batteries at competitive price?
How about a quality charger that shuts down once complete to prevent overcharge?
... is there one that can hold more than 2 batteries at a time?

Thanks all.

Care to share where you bought it?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
At this point, for the money & quality I would get an Xtar. I'm seeing too many complaints on here lately about the Nitecore products. And with a Trustfire it seems you have a 50/50 chance lately that the thing will work right.

Both Xtar and Nitecore produce 4 bay chargers. But do realize that these are not 4 truly independent channels on any of them. When loaded with 4 batteries they all rely on rapidly switching between battery 1 and 3, 2 and 4 to get the charging done. Once you put more than two batteries in them the charge times overall take longer.

Pila is an excellent - but expensive - charger. It's expensive and getting to be rather outdated for what's available. If you consider that one the Xtar VP1 provides more features and in testing charges identically for the same money.

Best overall value IMO is an Xtar WPII 2 for twenty bucks. 2 year warranty. Mine charges 2500 mAh 18650's in about 4 hours. It's even on sale right now at RTD Vapor for less than $16.00

Battery Chargers : Xtar WP2 II

Last edited:

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
I was wondering about that too. I thought Ivape had an exclusive on the Tesla.

$87 @ Usmoku Tesla Kit (TESKIT)

Note, found this buy watching a YouTube video on the Tesla. In the comments this website was mentioned and also included a comment about a 10% Discount Coupon: ecigreview1 (think this is right per my receipt)

Edit: We called them, Tx based, and they said they try to keep website updated. They do get in some Jet Black models and then some Black Chrome. Whatever they have in stock is updated on the site. Currently they had Black Chrome and Chrome. We got the black chrome (hoping it holds up). Plus....we got FREE SHIPPING but did have to pay sales tax as we live in Tx. Discount code more than covered this.

Last edited:

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
if you're looking for a telsa, the cheapest kit i have seen is here, $69.95:

Tesla Mod Kit Variable Wattage / Variable Voltage

Damn, thought I found the best price...LOL. This is Mod only........so if you have the acc's already from previous mods, this is a great price. I got acc's to get me started since I had nothing else. I'm just looking for options to buy should they not be "top quality".

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Damn, thought I found the best price...LOL. This is Mod only........so if you have the acc's already from previous mods, this is a great price. I got acc's to get me started since I had nothing else. I'm just looking for options to buy should they not be "top quality".

i get rather OCD when it comes to searching for stuff, so...:unsure:

in any event, i bet the batteries and charger that come with this are rather poor. as much as i want a Tesla (and i really, really want one), i ain't buy it before i buy a top notch charger and battery. i've seen a few cheaper, but i want a black one! i've seen the gold, by itself, for around $60ish, but they'll be long gone 'fore i get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread