Best Beginner's RBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanIVap3InHere

Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Long Island, NY, USA
Hey guys, I am looking for a decent rba to take my first step into rebuildables. I am looking for one that is under 50$ and if you could tell me all that I would need to get started (wick, wire, tools?) I do not know much yet but I am more of the "hands on: type. If anyone could help I would be very appreciative. I am using this on a Provari v2.5 and usually vape a 50/50 blend if that matters. Thanks guys!

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
I picked up a couple Cobra clones from Fast Tech for $6 each. They're Genny style RBAs. They're not the best,but it'll get ya started. Each comes with some heater wire, a spare wick, and an Allen wrench. Get a drill bit to fit the wick hole and you're all set.

I planning on getting a vamo from fasttech and also wanted some rebuildable attys for dripping. are these the cobra clones you referred to? $5.56 SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100 - blue / 2.4 and $6.14 V5 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0

How hard are these to work with for a rebuildable beginner?

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I'm loving the Igo-l for making cotton wicks and coils. They cost like$13-$15. I also just got the RSST last weekend to start messing with stainless steel mesh and wire, but need to practice more. So far I think the cotton wicks and coils are easier. And if you have some vivi Novas you can use them to rebuild also. I'm having great luck with rebuilding them.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I planning on getting a vamo from fasttech and also wanted some rebuildable attys for dripping. are these the cobra clones you referred to? $5.56 SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100 - blue / 2.4 and $6.14 V5 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0

How hard are these to work with for a rebuildable beginner?

I didn't get the dripping type. These are genesis style atomizers.
cobra-electronic-cigarette-round-mouth-atomizer There are also several variants at FT, with different tank sizes.

As a beginner myself, I was able to get a near perfect coil on my 2nd and 3rd try.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
I picked up a couple Cobra clones from Fast Tech for $6 each. They're Genny style RBAs. They're not the best,but it'll get ya started. Each comes with some heater wire, a spare wick, and an Allen wrench. Get a drill bit to fit the wick hole and you're all set.

I bought the bigger one of these and it's easier to work with. I heard others are easier but I can't see how much more easy it can get.

I built my first one yesterday after one day of mistakes.

you will need kanthal wire what ever gauge you prefer (i use 32 but might get some 34) stainless steel mesh. (if you don't want to make them someone on ebay is selling premade wicks) drill bit or something that is the same size as the wick hole. magnifying glass with light is helpful but I don't have one. I might get one though. my eyes are getting old even at 36. and patience. but yesterday after some help from here it was a one shot and no hotspots.

link to my RBA
$11.86 Cobra Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
I would get an AGA-t, they are very nice and fairly cheap, once you get it going, it can keep up with the more expensive ones(sometimes better IMO)

I want to get one just to say I have one, but don't see the difference between that and the one I posted above which is about 10-15usd cheaper

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I bought the bigger one of these and it's easier to work with. I heard others are easier but I can't see how much more easy it can get.

Yeah, I got the smaller one in case building RBAs wasn't for me, and it was half the price of the larger one which only holds 1ml more.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I want to get one just to say I have one, but don't see the difference between that and the one I posted above which is about 10-15usd cheaper

Dunno about the AGA-t, but I saw some side by side comparisons between the clone Cobras, like we got, and the real Cobras and there is a substantial difference in the build quality. I image the AGA-t is likely better built, maybe by a alot. These clones work though.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
Yeah, I got the smaller one in case building RBAs wasn't for me, and it was half the price of the larger one which only holds 1ml more.

I bought both, and the bigger one is easier to manipulate in my hands. but the little one doesn't seem like such a chore now that I have the technique down.

edit: also the air hole doesn't line up with the wick on the smaller one.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
Dunno about the AGA-t, but I saw some side by side comparisons between the clone Cobras, like we got, and the real Cobras and there is a substantial difference in the build quality. I image the AGA-t is likely better built, maybe by a alot. These clones work though.
that would be nice, my clone is a very quality part. now I really want to get an agat2 just to see how much better it is.

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States

I used my friends, cobra clone, the wick hole was smaller and overall just not as well built as the AGA-t+ that I own, Easy to set up and the vape is alot more consistent to me, and again the wick hole is bigger = more wick more juice = more vapor. You can also set them up for a dual wick or u-wicks if you want to. I think the AGA is a little wider too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread