RDA Best build for Doge RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foot

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
United States
I picked up a doge RDA last night, and while I like the build quality of it (I originally had a Caterpillar RDA) I'm unfortunately not in love with the extremely large airflow. While I understand this is great for cloud chasers and those looking for huge clouds, I'm more of a flavor person who would like a dense, thick amount of vapor with a lot of flavor. Unfortunately, right now, it almost feels like my $15 Caterpillar RDA gives me a thicker, more flavorful cloud than my new Doge.

The guy at my local B&M did the first build on it for me and wrapped it with 26g kanthal, dual coils, coming out to .35 running at 30-35W. This did not end up being to my liking so I went with 28g kanthal, dual coils, coming out to about 1ohm running on 30W. Both builds were used with airflow open between 1/4 and 1/2 way. Neither of these builds were to my liking, and while they produced large amounts of vapor, the vapor was not as thick or flavorful as I would like/have experienced with my Caterpillar RDA. Factor in the airiness of the draw that I'm not used to, and I'm just not feeling this RDA.

So I wanted to ask the good people of ECF, what is the best way I can utilize my Doge to maximize flavor and vapor density? I really want to like this RDA, and everyone seems to love it, but right now it is just not performing like I would have hoped. Any and all help is appreciated as I'm almost ready to throw this up on the classifieds and it's only been 24 hours!

Foot

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
United States
I also had trouble maximizing flavor, but I sure had thick, dense clouds. I definitely got a warmer, nicer vape running it regulated rather than on a mech. I suspect on a mech, you will really need to push it, with resistance 0.15-2.0 ohms. I didn't want to do that. I had it at 0.4ohms, running 45-50W.

Thank you for the insight! Perhaps my definition of dense/thick might be different - the airflow on the Caterpillar was much tighter than even the tightest the Doge will go, so while the overall vapor was smaller the density of the clouds certainly felt bigger than what I get now. With that said, I am getting massive clouds on the Doge using my rDNA 40 at around 30-35W, I just feel like I'm not getting the flavor that I should.

Anyone else have input on their experiences with the Doge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread