Best carto for eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixfire

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2011
Southeast Mo.
I am looking to buy some cartos for my ego 900mah battery in the near future, I was wondering what carto will give me the best flavor/vapor on this battery. I don't care if I have to get an adapter to make it fit, they are cheap. I really like my ego but i am not getting the flavor I think I should and I think that this will be the cheapest way to improve this.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I am looking to buy some cartos for my ego 900mah battery in the near future, I was wondering what carto will give me the best flavor/vapor on this battery. I don't care if I have to get an adapter to make it fit, they are cheap. I really like my ego but i am not getting the flavor I think I should and I think that this will be the cheapest way to improve this.

I like these.. A package of 5 pre-filled 510 or eGo electronic cigarette cartomizers

5 of these (pre-filled, choose your flavor & strength) for $8.95 is a good price also ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I like 2.0Ω Boge 510 blank cartos. 2.0Ω resistance is perfect for the 3.2v eGo batteries. I get mine from either LiteCig or Liberty Flights. Best prices and the cartomizers are consistent and dependable. Just keep them wet at all times. Top off early and top off often. :)

I also like the new eGo-t atties with fillerless tank cartridges, but those are a bit controversial. Some people love them, others complain about leaking and/or muted flavors. I never had a problem with them; I guess I was lucky.

miriaminspringtown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Springtown, Texas 76082
Katya is right about the 510 Boge low resistance cartos at 2.0 ohms is good on an eGo. Some eGos off the charger test at 3.49 volts but most test at 3.46 or 3.45 volts. This means to get good flavor and vapor a low resistance carto is needed. Many like the 510 Boge LR (low resistance) cartos on the eGo and they can be bought from many vendors online.

miriaminspringtown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
Springtown, Texas 76082
Miriam, all eGo batteries regulate at 3.1-3.2v. That's the working, under load voltage they deliver. [Nominal voltage is irrelevant in this case.]

Just to clarify, the cartos I recommend are "moderate" resistance--2.0Ω. The true LR Boge cartos run ~1.5-1.7Ω. Standard-3.0Ω.

Happy vaping!

I have 3 eGos (650 mAh, 900 mAh, 1000 mAh PT), all come off the charger at 3.46 - 3.48. After vaping for 3 - 4 hours I check them and they read on the MM at 3.34 - 3.36. Things start to go south at 3.3. I notice the diminishing flavor of the carto. Also, having communicated with multiple vendors, the Boge 2.0 ohms is still considered a LR carto. Many of the VV mod producers/vendors do not recommend 2.0 on a VV. This is getting confusing with all these different opinions.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I know. But I'm not offering opinions. Just facts, Ma'am. :)

Ego batteries have a working voltage of 3.1-3.3v (there is some discrepancy between different testers and different batteries), but I'm confident that no stock eGo is capable of delivering more than 3.3v under load (not unloaded). Scottbee has been testing them for ever and his findings stand.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/65055-battery-voltages-surprise.html#post962734

2.0-2.5Ω is generally considered to be moderate resistance and is widely recommended for the ~3.2v eGo/Tornado/Riva class batteries, even by the most cautious vendors, including Hoogie from Madvapes:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...1-etc-filler-type-cartos-398.html#post2901193

Per Scottbee, anything above 1.0Ω is theoretically safe for the eGos, but I wouldn't go below 1.5Ω. Just in case. I'm using eGo-t atomizers, regular (2.1Ω) and LR (1.7-1.8Ω), on my eGo without any ill effects.

There are new Rivas on the market, the SE Rivas, available at Liberty Flights, that actually deliver true 3.7v under load, but this a relatively new addition to the series and still rare.

VV means variable voltage. You can set is as low or as high as you wish, so there can not be a recommendation against or for using anything on a VV mod... per definition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread