Status
Not open for further replies.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hi to all. Ive been using attys for most of my 2 yrs vaping. On and off i always try a few of Issac's cartos. I just ordered a few of each carto on Ikenvape and want to know which is the best for 4.5-5 volt vaping. Which ones do you folks like the best? I am loving the V2 so far anywhere between 4.5 - 5 volts. I dont want LR cartos . Thanks for your help narrowing this down.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
What about for us 6v guys? Yes, I'm actually at 6 (I think) with AW LiFePO4 rc123s. Voltmeter reads 3.65 off the charger, 3.29 after they settle, 3.29 after a few hours of vaping... so I suppose I am assuming they settle around 3v each when under load

Ninja Edit: Ive only used 1 510 platinum so far for about 2 days. Great vapes, but I hope Im not frying it!

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Hi to all. Ive been using attys for most of my 2 yrs vaping. On and off i always try a few of Issac's cartos. I just ordered a few of each carto on Ikenvape and want to know which is the best for 4.5-5 volt vaping. Which ones do you folks like the best? I am loving the V2 so far anywhere between 4.5 - 5 volts. I dont want LR cartos . Thanks for your help narrowing this down.

510 Gold V2 if you like a slightly more airy vape, or 801 Fusions for a denser / more flavorful vape. They're both awesome, but they don't share the exact same characteristics.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
510 Gold V2 if you like a slightly more airy vape, or 801 Fusions for a denser / more flavorful vape. They're both awesome, but they don't share the exact same characteristics.

I tried a an 801 fusion tonite and i will say wow. They are great. i was hitting it so hard i started getting dizzy lol.
I am not crazy using adapters as i have all 510 connectors on my mods but it may be worth it.
Are there any plans for Isaac to make 510 fusions in the future hopefully?
Thanks to everyone for the input for my questions.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I tried a an 801 fusion tonite and i will say wow. They are great. i was hitting it so hard i started getting dizzy lol.
I am not crazy using adapters as i have all 510 connectors on my mods but it may be worth it.
Are there any plans for Isaac to make 510 fusions in the future hopefully?
Thanks to everyone for the input for my questions.

Honestly I hated the thought of using an adapter, since I was using Fusions on an ego it just looked silly to me. But I got over it quickly and they were awesome. Since I acquired a bottom feeder, I switched over to the LR306 atties that Isaac sells but keep the Fusions on hand in case I ever need them. They truly are wonderful.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Someome correct me if I am wrong but isnt the 801 fusion the same as one of Isaacs other cartos except it has 801 threads?

That's what I thought, that the Fusion is just like either the Gold V2 or Platinum but with the 801 threads. But maybe there is more to it... Hmmm.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
6v killed my 510 platinum in about a day and a half... resistance was about 2.5... wayyyy too low. I hope you guys figure something out (510 carto) for us 6v guys soon!!

Isaac is still working on a hv carto he sent the first one out to have the beta testers try it out and they ended up working a lot better at lower voltages but slowly but surely I still think the wheels are turning on it. Personally, I have given up on using crtos at hv, I have never had any success with it so I only use atties at hv. I take that back, I have had some success but it never took more than one or two days before the carto would taste nasty at hv. I think that cartos do not wick the juice fast enough to keep the coil wet at hv.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Isaac is still working on a hv carto he sent the first one out to have the beta testers try it out and they ended up working a lot better at lower voltages but slowly but surely I still think the wheels are turning on it. Personally, I have given up on using crtos at hv, I have never had any success with it so I only use atties at hv. I take that back, I have had some success but it never took more than one or two days before the carto would taste nasty at hv. I think that cartos do not wick the juice fast enough to keep the coil wet at hv.

... and that has been my experience as well.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
... and that has been my experience as well.

Seems like it should be possible to put one together that works well at 6v.

I'm finally taking the LR carto plunge. I should be getting a handful of 2 ohm cartos this afternoon. I started with the boge cartos for reference and plan on getting some of isaac's LR cartos to compare. I'm most keen to try the IKV LR901 carto, but also the 510megaLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread