Which 5 volt mod?...got it down to 2 choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Well, whoever has experience with these, please chime in. I'm looking to buy either a Fistpack SX or Tekk mod VV(4.5, 4.8, 5.2) with slider switch. Tell me what you like better and why. I was told that the booster boards on the fistpacks don't give a true 5 volt feeling like the Tekk due to booster board transfering mA to v, which does give a boost but nothing like a dual battery 5 volt like the Tekk. I love the look and size of the blue fistpack though. And I want the best of the two if I can decide which that is.

I just want a bump up from an ego with LR 510 atty and to be able to use 510 cartos at about 4.5 volts. Now it's down to just a decision of which mod. As soon as I decide, I have a modder ready to go for me. So hope you guys can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Thanks for responding WhatAClumsyGirl and Elendil. Yeah, love both mods. Unfortunately, a fistpack is unavailable at this time. So I just placed an order for a Tekk mod with Black Horn button (Like the COV Tekk mod). This one will also have a small vari volt slider switch under the button on the back set for 3 voltage options: 4.5, 4.8, 5.2. It will also still have the ability for 5 volt output to charge anything else while vaping. I can charge my phone or power a pass-through for a second person, while vaping at 5 volts. That's just too cool. No more battery charging rotation everyday. Just plug in at night and go. Batteries should crank out consistent voltage for anywhere from 3-5 days before needing that overnight charge again.

I just got a new 4G phone and use a few apps during the day so between ecig charging and phone charging, it is driving me nuts. I feel more chained to my addiction than when I actually smoked. I also leave the house feeling like a pack mule with a small pack of back-ups, and chargers in addition to an extra atty, carto, and juice. I don't want this anymore. I want a device that's consistent and only have to worry about bringing an extra atty and a bottle of juice. I'll keep an ego pass-through in the car for emergencies or for the passenger who wants to vape off the Tekk mod with me. When the phone needs a charge, I'll plug it into my 5 volt vape. Now that's efficiency.

I'll post reviews of my new baby when it arrives. Still want a fistpack down the road too for the same great "efficiencies" but slightly smaller package. Who knows, I may not feel the need if this Tekk is as great as it sounds and the preliminary reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread