Status
Not open for further replies.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Magma clone. (for flavor)
Plume Veil or Mutation X or CLT (for clouds)

Clones are ok if you are on a budget. Matter of fact I'd recommend a clone first so you can determine if something is worth having or not.

My Plume Veil is a little leaky so I stick with the Magma for on the go vaping.

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I have a Tobeco and paid about $28 at my local B&M. I love it!

It only gets leaky when I give the juice bottle too much of a squeeze and flood it over the holes. I think I counted about 50 drops from a plastic bottle (not glass dripper) when I first filled it up. There is a way to use large gauge needles to raise the air hole up closer to the coil and also prevent leaking (thread is around here somewhere).

It is a dripper so it may leak from time to time depending on how it is sitting. I pull my mod out of my pocket if I will be sitting for a while.

HTH and good luck!

Oh and BTW I run single coil mode and it is still fantastic. I tried duals and it was super cloudy and too much vape for me to enjoy. I like longer pulls and a cooler vape. Plus single coils are so much easier IMO.

Last edited:

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I havn't tried the magma but I've been liking the trident. Like many you can build a single coil which is ideal for learning, as well as more complicated coil builds. The main reason that gets my recommendation is it was reasonably priced (20-30) at a B&M and it has an adjustable air flow. Most of the drippers I bought previously required drilling out air holes which I find to be a pain. I will say in the last 6 months it seems us vapers are getting tons of new equipment options daily and I am not one of those who goes out and buys every new thing so there may very well be 'better' options I don't know of.

I would recommend the Cigreen Holmes over the Magma. It has a very similar setup with the two post design and the airflow coming up from underneath the coils, but the air holes are raised and there is more airflow so it is much more leak resistant and it can handle higher wattage builds. It also has a larger juice well than the Magma. It's very easy to build and wick so it's very beginner friendly. The flavour is very good, although maybe not quite as good as the Magma or Veritas, but certainly comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread