Best DIY Mod Button? Suggestions of VV and Mech buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building an sx-350 which requires less than the 26650 dual battery mech mod button.
I've seen buttons from digi to mouser and would like to hear suggestion;

1. Feel ? What's the best Tactile response or none?
2. Depression strength needed. (little buttons hurt after having to hold them down too hard for too long)
3. Depth: Dome vs Mushroom vs Flat vs Depressed.

I'm specifically looking for peoples favorite button, for me I think it would be a dome one with a short bush and no tactile click, very easy to push, and maybe illuminated, I'm even thinking of putting one of those finagled touch sensitive buttons under the wood or plastic mod I'm building any an all ideas and tips are very welcome. Thank you all in advance for you time.

-John

daveymist

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2012
florida
Wow, first I have to say if you say the words "short bush", "touch sensitive "," easy to push ", and "wood" in the same paragraph it seems dirty. Lol.

But I like the anti vandal switches, domed, protruding slightly, with a pilot light. It should have some tactile feedback. I would wire the pilot light to the charging port would be cool to have a dual color pilot light like red/green to show charging status. Maybe even intergrate a low battery red flash into it. I don't see the reason for a press on light since most of the button is covered by your finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread