Best eGo model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaisen

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Upgrade from what?

Ego-sized batteries have more battery life and more power output than the smaller cig-alikes and 510s. If you're new to e-cigs and trying to quit smoking analogs then you do NOT want to be caught with a dead battery and a craving.....so the Egos are a safer bet. Esp the USB "pass-throughs" that allow you to vape even with a dying battery.

Ego-sized batteries can be standard (charged through the top, can't be used while charging), pass-through (see above), or variable-voltage (Twist, Spinner, etc) that allow some control of the power supplied to heat the liquid, changing the flavor and vapor production/temp.

The various brands (and non-brands) of Ego-sized batteries are hit and miss. They all do the same thing. Some can be higher quality than others, but they're all essentially the same. They're available in 350mAh shorties to 1100mAh all-day batteries....they just vary in length. The 1300mAh batteries are thicker in diameter than the standard Ego size but are still considered Egos.

I'd suggest at least one 1000-1100mAh USB pass-through Egos for any new user. Then you won't be caught with a craving with your only quick option to visit the corner store for a pack of analogs.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
just curious, what exactly is the "upgrade" in the eGo batteries? my wife has an eGo-T Upgrade and i dont know what the difference is between and eGo-T and the eGo-T Upgrade

eGo upgrade has 2 diff settings. One setting at 3.3 volts so the batt lasts longer. The other setting is at 4.2 volts (although most of the time it fires at 3.7 volts) and batt drains slightly quicker until it hits 3.2 volts and turns off= ready for charging.

eGo is a not a brand but a class/ style of Ecig.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    just curious, what exactly is the "upgrade" in the eGo batteries? my wife has an eGo-T Upgrade and i dont know what the difference is between and eGo-T and the eGo-T Upgrade

The Upgrade is simply switchable between the regular ego voltage (3.4), or you can run it hotter (unregulated). Unregulated means that it starts at your fully charged voltage (4.2) and slowly goes down to 3.4v.

It also has several safety circuits in it. It's nice that it'll shut down and then be able to restart after a short, instead of just dying.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    There are many eGo type batteries out there. If this is your first experience with an eGo, I'd go for a variable voltage model (twist style) so you can adjust your vape based on the resistance of your atomizer. I generally just adjust to taste though. If I were re-buying my starter eGo setup again, I'd go for either the Smoktech Winder, or the Vision Spinner in a 1300 mAh size. Pair these with a Kanger Protank 2, Evod or iClear 16 and vape away. I hope this was helpful!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread