Best "high-end" carto tank for vamo v2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
Now mind you i'm not trying to be a smart ... here. Other then Because i can, want to or it looks neat. What is the difference between an $70 carto tank and a $8 Boge F17 tank? Niether leak, both take carto's, are made of polycarb, i noticed you have to pay more for glass tank? ... i'm already spending 70, you'd think it would be glass. I'm just curious that's all. I have boge carto tanks and AGR Locking, both work nicely as long as they are primed and put together properly.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
$80.00 Pro V2 with Poly tube

5a6amu7u.jpg

$30.00 IBTanked with Pyrex tube

y7uny7u4.jpg

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

BdMoore85

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
IBTanked just added a 22mm diameter pyrex tank with anodized aluminum caps that fits the diameter of the Vamo perfectly. Around $26.

I just want a tank that stands out and is unique, that's why I'm stuck on the vaperfexion tanks, but they are pricey, and I really don't quite understand the whole "cartomator" thing.... Those Intanked photos look good though! The million dollar question though is do the tanks, like say a pro-v2 really perform any better than say, an ibtanked tank or phiniac? Cause its really the carto that is doing 98% of the work, which brings me back to my original question, "what's the difference in the lavagen, cartomator, etc. ?" Compared to an ibtanked or phiniac tank(just using those 2 as examples of course)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Now mind you i'm not trying to be a smart ... here. Other then Because i can, want to or it looks neat. What is the difference between an $70 carto tank and a $8 Boge F17 tank? Niether leak, both take carto's, are made of polycarb, i noticed you have to pay more for glass tank? ... i'm already spending 70, you'd think it would be glass. I'm just curious that's all. I have boge carto tanks and AGR Locking, both work nicely as long as they are primed and put together properly.

I depends on the carto tank really.I highly recommend Phiniac tanks...they are on the pricey side but I find the flavor (or lack thereof with pyrex), customization options and overall quality to be outstanding. They have the thickest wall of any pyrex tank Ive seen to date and their annealing process makes them incredibly shatter resistant.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a Vaperfexion Pro-V tank. Is it in any way "better" than my inexpensive pyrex IBTanked? No. In fact, it hardly gets used vs the IBTanks because I have to watch what flavors I use in it (it has a polycarbonate tube).

I managed to put a hairline crack in my Phiniac tube. It now leaks juice and can't be used; its unfortunate because it was my most expensive tank.

Bella_Phin_1.jpg

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Thats the Phiniac/Elegance tank hybrid right? I wonder if the cap being just a hair too big (since it wasnt actually made to fit a Phiniac tube) caused the hairline crack?

Both of my Phins still work and function like they are brand new 6 months later and Im VERY pleased with them.

BdMoore85

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
I have a Vaperfexion Pro-V tank. Is it in any way "better" than my inexpensive pyrex IBTanked? No. In fact, it hardly gets used vs the IBTanks because I have to watch what flavors I use in it (it has a polycarbonate tube).

I managed to put a hairline crack in my Phiniac tube. It now leaks juice and can't be used; its unfortunate because it was my most expensive tank.

View attachment 204733

Could you not get a Pyrex tube for it? And how about the pro-vex or pro-v2...how are they different than the cartomator and centauri pro or reactor? Are the cartomizers different or do the tanks have different mechanisms or what?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thats the Phiniac/Elegance tank hybrid right? I wonder if the cap being just a hair too big (since it wasnt actually made to fit a Phiniac tube) caused the hairline crack?
I actually believe it cracked because the glass is exposed to direct contact when the mod falls on it's side or it is dropped. A regular endcap would overhang out past the glass and therefore take the direct impact instead of the glass.

Hoosier Vapes has replacement quartz glass tubes for their Bella and Elegance tanks. I matched my Elegance tank up with the Phiniac tube when I realized the inner tube dimensions would fit the Elegance caps, and therefore have a one-of-a-kind tank. I had Phiniac do a color sandblasted design on the tube. I'm not sure whether I want another Phiniac sandblasted tube @ $50 or just get a replacement from Hoosier.

As far as the Vaporfexion tanks are concerned, they are now offering replacement glass tubes. I'm not familiar enough with their current product line-up to know which tanks the glass will work with.

Sabroso84

May 3, 2013
Portland, OR
I am a big fan of the Whose Your Daddy tank by Big Daddy Vapor - For the love of vapin'. Couldn't be happier with it, though I know there are higher quality ones out there (usually for more $$$), I like the quality vs price on this tank and would recommend it. It is not a polycarbonate tank so it is safe for all juices, and comes in a variety of colors for whatever tickles your fancy.

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
Could you not get a Pyrex tube for it? And how about the pro-vex or pro-v2...how are they different than the cartomator and centauri pro or reactor? Are the cartomizers different or do the tanks have different mechanisms or what?

Tanks are tanks, just that. There isn't anything special doing some kind of magic to the cartomizer you'll stick in there.
...unless you have a magical tank, then I stand corrected.

Personally, I like to use pyrex glass tanks with stainless steel (not just plated, full stainless steel) endcaps and delrin o-rings.
Ironically, I'm vaping with a backup polycarb carto tank because my glass one broke.
And since I'm dumping money into my car, I don't really need a pyrex tank, as I've done the testing and my liquid doesn't affect the tank.

My vote is going to phiniac, as far as the resilience of the glass.
But an IBtanked glass tank with stainless steel end caps is very economical.
And I've been nothing but happy with the quality of the glass tubes from IBtanked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread