best liquid for mtl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcnsms

Jan 23, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am new to vaping and have been trying to find the best for my taste but I don`t believe I am doing it right.

the device I bought smok nord 4 and bought ruthless grape drank on ice (grape & menthol vg70/pg30 0.6mg nic) to just give it a try. with 0.2 rpm2 coil the flavor was good but 2-3 days later it didn`t feel right. too sweet and too much menthol and soar throat.

Then I bought 1.2ohm coil and black note cavendish 0.6 mg nic vg/pg 70/30 to get a close to realistic tobacco flavor but it was not enough for me.

and with 1.2 ohm coil i tried ruthless the one I bought first and it didn`t give the flavor taste as 0.2 rpm coil.

I want to taste tobacco as closest as I can with vaping with mtl coil.
here in my country there is no much option to buy but I am between halo tribeca and naked american patriot freebase nic. (as I want to quit smoking or vaping, I don`t want go higher with nic like salt juices)

so do you think with 1.2 ohm coil can I get the right flavor of tobacco from naked american patriot or halo tribeca. I know tribeca is not tobacco only but as long as I get tobacco flavor which is not too sweet I am ok with it.
do you think they are suitable with mtl coil?

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Different people have different tastes and, thus, different experiences even w/ the same e-liquid and/or the same coil. The only way to find the right tobacco flavor for you is to try different ones, and to try them on different coils at different power settings.

In time, you may want to try mixing your own as well.

with 0.2 rpm2 coil the flavor was good but 2-3 days later it didn`t feel right. too sweet and too much menthol and soar throat.
As coils break in, the flavor can change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. Then, as the coil gets used & residue builds on the wick, flavor will start to change for the worse, generally, & then to diminish, & the e-liquid can become more harsh. That's when it's time to change or clean the coil.

I bought 1.2ohm coil and black note cavendish 0.6 mg nic vg/pg 70/30
You're on the right track w/ 6mg. The 1.2 Ohm coil should be good for your transition from smoking. However, as a general rule, higher PG is better with MTL coils like your 1.2 Ohm ones. You might want to get some 50/50 or 70 PG for those, whether Tribeca or American Patriot or something else, & keep the 70 VG for the 0.2s.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
A lot of people start off wanting to recreate the taste of cigarette when vaping (I did too, as it happens), but it doesn't tend to work very well. The problem is that you really can't get the sense of the smoke from burning a cigarette. A good tobacco vape sort of tastes like a fresh cigarette smells, if that makes any sense. Some people like that, while many others have better luck trying something different. You might want to try out some non-tobacco flavours that you like.

Are you sure your juice is 0.6 mg/ml? That would be really low nicotine. I'd guess it's either 6 mg/ml or 0.6% (which are the same thing: 1% = 10 mg/ml).

I know you don't want to use more nicotine than you need, but the most important thing is to get enough nicotine to stop you craving cigarettes. If it's doing that, then your nicotine strength is fine. If not, it might be better to try something higher. You might try 9 mg/ml or 12 mg/ml with the 1.2 ohm coil - you don't need to go up to the nicotine salts that are 25 mg/ml (2.5%) or 50 mg/ml (5%). Don't worry too much if you if need to increase your nicotine concentration to switch. Lowering your nicotine once you've switched to vaping is usually a lot easier than it was to cut down on cigarettes.

Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: borno

srcnsms

Jan 23, 2022
Different people have different tastes and, thus, different experiences even w/ the same e-liquid and/or the same coil. The only way to find the right tobacco flavor for you is to try different ones, and to try them on different coils at different power settings.

In time, you may want to try mixing your own as well.

As coils break in, the flavor can change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not. Then, as the coil gets used & residue builds on the wick, flavor will start to change for the worse, generally, & then to diminish, & the e-liquid can become more harsh. That's when it's time to change or clean the coil.

You're on the right track w/ 6mg. The 1.2 Ohm coil should be good for your transition from smoking. However, as a general rule, higher PG is better with MTL coils like your 1.2 Ohm ones. You might want to get some 50/50 or 70 PG for those, whether Tribeca or American Patriot or something else, & keep the 70 VG for the 0.2s.
thanks a lot ! I think that is where I was doing it wrong.
i bought black note vg70/pg30 from the new bach and previously read on their side that we must use the liquid with 1.0ohm coils or above... hey.. but I now realised this warning for vg50/pg50 juices. now I checked again and it says high vg juice suitable for dtl coils :D so i tried with 0.4 dtl mesh coil and it works perfectly. now I can get the real taste of tobacco. even cavendish tastes good i wonder virginia the famous..

however in long term usage it will be too much for me to vape with dtl. so i think i need to look for vg50/pg50 juices for mtl coil as you said. because i also read that pg gives the flavor. so high vg with mtl seems useless.

thanks again. you literally made me day :D i was gonna throw away them all..

Reactions: MLEJ

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I vape 60vg/40pg in my mtl rtas, although I mix my own juice.
Same here, I buy 70vg/30vg juice and dilute it further with pure VG, and I vape MTL exclusively. It’s a little thick that way, and can give the occasional dry or semi-dry hit because of that, if you don’t give it enough time between puffs. So lately I’ve started adding a few drops of water, that works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread