Best, most affordable mod for a newbie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyVapes

Mar 22, 2018
I got a smok x8 and now after coming to the forums I'm seeing lots of suggestions to always have a back up set up. So now I'm looking to buy maybe a little more advanced set up but nothing to complicated lol. I also don't want to spend a ton of money since I just put out a good bit of money to get started. I also keep having bad luck I ordred the wrong coils twice, got the wrong juice delivered to me that had no Nic in it, so I've already waisted a lot of money lol. I don't need to blow huge clouds, I like the strong flavors instead. What are your suggestions for a good, affordable, and easy set up for a beginer???

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you like your smok X8, then I tend to view you as a sub0hmer, really, although it does seem you are also asking for more flavor.

Honestly, I would look into buying a reliable two battery (external) mod, and I might suggest the Original Uwell crown if you can find it, as it has a wide variety of coils, up to 1.2 (I think, I don't own this tank) and try the coils to figure out which resistance suits you best. It's generally reported to be a flavor tank and the coils get good reviews on longevity. Plenty of affordable 2 battery mods out there, although yes, you will have the added expense of buying batteries and a dedicated charger, but it's important to use a reputable battery vendor, etc. This blog is very informative re: batteries and you will find a chart listing testing of all the major batteries and in the last cell, reputable, authentic suppliers are listed. Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

If you really want to try more restricted vaping, you could try a Nautilus 2, it really is a dedicated MTL tank as far as setup, but it does also come with a 0.7 coil. That topper is pretty inexpensive if you want to move toward MTL vaping, but do not make a mistake-- you will be inhaling much less vapor than in your current setup, the draw will be different, and to compensate for less vapor, most vapers using this type of setup find that they need a higher nicotine level.

Sorry to not have more suggestions, it's a little hard to know which direction you want to go in. I do think this type of setup offers you the most options, it's variable wattage and a two battery mod will give you enough power to vape through the day, probably, and most definitely if using a more MTL tank and coils. I'm just not entirely clear which direction to go in, and how far. I'd say the Crown tank may be your best bet, if you are enjoying your current vape.. If you want to get more restricted even further, well, there are tanks for that, and the N2 is as good a place as any to start.

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll also recommend the original Crown clearomizer tank. You can find my review of it here, second post: Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations

The SMOK X8 is a "fixed" output battery device, meaning you can't adjust the power output. I recommend getting a variable wattage battery device so that you can make adjustments on the fly. For instance, I generally begin my day using 30 watts, but later in the day I may want more "oomph" to my vape by increasing the wattage output to 40 watts.

Many folks recommend the iStick Pico or Innokin Coolfire 4.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

ClpAo3HWEAQCkmE.jpg

innokin-cool-fire-4-tc-100.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread