Best newport menthol substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

prophetr1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2010
Richmond
Ok so i have seen a couple threads about the best menthol juice out there...
And they have been semi helpful to be. but i also know that taste is subjective. So i want to hear from the minority of pepole who smoked Newport menthol....input from KOOL and marlboro special blend 54 would be appreciated too since they are close.

I want to know what yall have found to be the closest .. i want the harshness and taste of a new port help me out thanks.

Bryce

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Spokane, WA
Ok so i have seen a couple threads about the best menthol juice out there...
And they have been semi helpful to be. but i also know that taste is subjective. So i want to hear from the minority of pepole who smoked Newport menthol....input from KOOL and marlboro special blend 54 would be appreciated too since they are close.

I want to know what yall have found to be the closest .. i want the harshness and taste of a new port help me out thanks.

Hey Prophet. I smoked Newports for almost 19 years before switching to a Menthol PV. I've been on the hunt for a comparable Newport flavor and hit intensity for almost 6 months. I wish I could say that I've found it, but for now, I can get really close.

Start with a 24mg Menthol base from Mrs. T's Bakery, or even Totally Wicked. I would even recommend talking to Slickstick with VaporHeads.net just because he recently ran a REALLY cool promotion and I'm looking forward to trying his juice. Anyway...IMO anything less than 24mg Menthol doesn't come close to a Newport.

Then get a hold of some Menthol flavor drops, pure concentrated flavor, no nicotine; and add two drops to each filled cartridge. The combo of 24mg Menthol and Menthol flavoring really creates a nice, strong Newport-like vape. Best of luck!!

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I was a Kools smoker. My son currently smokes Newports. Actually David at FreedomSmokeUSA.com sent me a Newports sample that taste like the real thing to me. My son and I are both away from home in different states so he hasn't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm hoping it will lead to his vaping full time.

I've been searching for a Kools juice since I came here (ecf). I have some Menthol on the way from Don at Backwoods Brew that he thinks will satisfy my craving for a Kools flavor. Note, my craving is for the flavor, not an analog. :D

But David's Newports is the first one I/we have found that comes close to the real thing. I can't wait until my son gets a chance to discover it.

prophetr1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2010
Richmond
thanks i will try all of these...i am not super super picky in the fact that if i get something i dont nessisarily like i will still use them and then try something else so all these suggestions are great keep them coming...but when i do find that perfect newport i will post it up and keep getting those...

prophetr1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2010
Richmond
I was a Kools smoker. My son currently smokes Newports. Actually David at FreedomSmokeUSA.com sent me a Newports sample that taste like the real thing to me. My son and I are both away from home in different states so he hasn't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm hoping it will lead to his vaping full time.

I've been searching for a Kools juice since I came here (ecf). I have some Menthol on the way from Don at Backwoods Brew that he thinks will satisfy my craving for a Kools flavor. Note, my craving is for the flavor, not an analog. :D

But David's Newports is the first one I/we have found that comes close to the real thing. I can't wait until my son gets a chance to discover it.

hey can u send him my info and tell him to contact me or something cause i just got some newport flavor carts that taste like nail polish...i thought that i would atleast be able to tolerate it even if i didnt like it but thats not the case...

Last edited:

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
hey can u send him my info and tell him to contact me or something cause i just got some newport flavor carts that taste like nail polish...i thought that i would atleast be able to tolerate it even if i didnt like it but thats not the case...

PM sent; well in a minute. :oops:

Last edited:

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I found V4L's Cool to taste just like Newports (smoked them for 27 years). However, after I ordered a bunch and they threw in some other flavors samples I got lost in all the new flavors and haven't wanted menthol in 3 months. I thought menthol was the best thing in the world and now I can't stop changing up dessert and fruit flavors.......

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I found V4L's Cool to taste just like Newports (smoked them for 27 years). However, after I ordered a bunch and they threw in some other flavors samples I got lost in all the new flavors and haven't wanted menthol in 3 months. I thought menthol was the best thing in the world and now I can't stop changing up dessert and fruit flavors.......

I tried theirs as well. Their Cool and variety of menthols, none come close to me to either Kools or Newports. I do like their "Smilin Special Menthol" I just got a couple days ago. But it's not a Kools or Newports taste... to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread