please help me find the closest thing to a newport cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Ahh, I made many posts similar to this. I've tried many people's recommendations and didn't find them totally satisfactory.

What I find that works best for me is to purchase menthol crystals and make my own menthol solution using a drop or two of Lorann's mint and add it with Hilton flavored liquid. The taste isn't exactly like a Newport, but fairly close.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
I smoked newports for more than 20 years and the Nu Port from Drew at Inhaler seems fairly close to me. I should add that I haven't had a real ciggy for over a month but it seems close to how I remember newports tasting.

+1
I've been trying to get my girlfriend (Newport smoker) onto vaping by ordering all kinds of menthol liquids for her. I then went on to making my own with menthol crystals (had the most success with that). Then bought Drew's Nuport and she swears it's the closest thing she's tasted to her Newports! :mad: I tried it and it tasted awfully similar to the menthol crystal liquid I made for her...but she say's Drew's is better and closer to the real thing.

jonnyb

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 12, 2009
redford,michigan
www.metrovapor.com
I didnt smoke newports,I smoked kools.Ive tried 5 different menthols and they were all pretty much the same flavor.I also tried a mint flavor but it was too minty for me.the best menthol I think is from vapor 4 life.they are one of the cheapest also(12.50)for a 20ml bottle.I just got an order from them and the bottles were bigger than 20ml,there actually almost 30ml what a bargain!

Taylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
York, PA
+1
I've been trying to get my girlfriend (Newport smoker) onto vaping by ordering all kinds of menthol liquids for her. I then went on to making my own with menthol crystals (had the most success with that). Then bought Drew's Nuport and she swears it's the closest thing she's tasted to her Newports! :mad: I tried it and it tasted awfully similar to the menthol crystal liquid I made for her...but she say's Drew's is better and closer to the real thing.

Yeah, it's a little more "mentholly? menthollic?", but it's got that certain unknown something that newports have.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
+1

First, go with TnA's suggestion. But... I just order "mint" from RuyanDirect because I wasn't sure if it was more of a mint or a menthol. Now keep in mind, I don't know how long it's been since I smoked a Newport (at least 10 years) but when I smoked it I though it's kind of a cross between a mint and a menthol, but very strong flavor. Kind of like a... What's that brand? Oh yeah, Newport. It's the first thing that popped into my mind. Guranteed that any menthol/mint vape is going to taste cleaner and clearer than a cigarette. Their Winston flavor in my opinion tastes more like an actual "cigarette" than anything I've tried yet. Might make a good mix.

--Prof Daffy

First of all, thanks for all the knowledge in this thread, and forum as a whole.

I don't mean to thread jack, but has anyone tried the menthol from Ruyan/Health Cabin/DK? I know they've carried mint for a long while, but from my understanding 'menthol' is a fairly new flavor.

The reason I ask is because I'm attempting to make the switch, just ordered a 510 with ecopure from Innovapor, and will be looking for a decent menthol.

I very much like the bulk (10+) 30ml deal from Health Cabin, and think I will jump on it shortly. I'm trying to decide what flavor combo to order, being exclusively a menthol smoker. The mint sounds great (from how Prof. Daffy described) but am curious if the menthol would be a better option. Also curious what other flavors from HC are any good (red bull?)

I am a Camel menthol light (18mg/pack) analoger, and used to smoke Liquid Zoos (mint) back when my smoke shop used to carry them.

Any/all help is appreciated, as well as any other good suggestions of where to buy a good menthol/mint at a good price or in bulk.

Thanks in advance amigos.

Lada

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
I just received the NuPort from Drew at NHaler.com and I gotta say, this stuff is awesome. Just so you know I was a pack a day Newport smoker for 10 years and just got my first PV (510 yeti) last week which came shipped with some pre packaged menthol carts from the smoke safe. The 510 package was awesome but the menthol carts left me wanting more of a throat hit, such as what I got from my Newports.

So after some research I finally found out about Drew's NuPort and bought his 4x20ml bottles for $35 (I think this is a good deal for 80ml of juice at 24mg/ml) and I got to say, I have to agree with TnA's girlfriend in that Drew's NuPort is as close to a Newport for me. It offers a great menthol flavor, great throat hit, and great vapor.

p.s. - I also bought the 555 menthol and Virginia Creme de Menthe from Drew off the recommendations of some other post that I saw here and in some other topics and they are all amazing.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I have tried a lot of menthols ( trying desperately to like them lol... Having read they give the most analog lung hit)

Nhaler-drews is awesome ( for a menthol) and his liquid throws off the vapor!
Liquidxpress Cool Rush is niiice, even for a menthol, smooooth.
Totally wickets menthol will Kick your a** lol.. Strongest I've tasted yet..

I've found 50-50 menthol and a sweet mint prefect. for me... Good luck

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Try the ECOpure "Fresh" or "Menthol", but the Fresh is just that, very mild and very fresh. It's made with VG. It is said to be the "cleanest" tasting vapor ever. I haven't used it myself, but have a friend who loves it.
You can get it from many places, but I've bought from Terri at Cignot.com, shipped very fast, very helpful seller. I use the ECOpure "Krystal" 36mg to make my own juice like Johnson Creek Original, and it's the best VG anywhere in my book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread