Best Ohm for Ego or 3.7volt Device????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizzKitty

Dec 31, 2011
Indiana
Hiya All, :)

I am very confused :confused: when it comes to ohms and which one I should select. I finally understand mAh but I know Ohms is completely different. I use an EGO or other 3.7 Volt devices and I am ordering a lot of different new toys to go along with my new battery. Such as Fluxomizers, Vision Stone tank II and a Vision Deux LeD giant. All of these come in different Ohms and I have no Ideal what to pick and I want to order quick as the Vision Stone tanks are going pretty fast and they just got them in yesterday at GotVapes.com. So I want to choose the best choice for my 3.7 volt device. I want lots of vapor mainly because I can add more nic if I'm not getting my desired throat hit. So please someone help a girl out if you can and let me know what I should be picking ohm wise. I do know I usually use authentic Joye atomizers and they say 1.5 ohm but I do believe there is a big difference when I am selecting these items I listed above that are not low resistance.

Thanks in Advance,
:toast:
Mandy

[h=3][/h]

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
I started with eGo batteries, and just short of 7 months later, I'm still using them. I put a 1.7ohm LR Resurrector cartomizer on them, from CCV, and am now using just a standard XL 5ml tank on them, and I can't imagine it getting better. I recently bought a VV box to try higher voltages but the aforementioned setup is so darn perfect I still find myself picking it up about 16 hours a day. So 1.7ohm has made me very happy; 2ohm isn't as satisfying for me. Haven't tried a 1.5ohm yet. Oh, and my battery life is still great (900mah) with a 1.7... lasts me 1.5 days and I'm a moderate-to-heavy vaper.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
CCV is Crystal Clear Vaping. The Ressurectors are just a nickname, they are really the Smoktech 1.7ohm LR XL cartos. They are designed for 3.7V PVs and work really well. They are the only cartos I use on my E-Power and they are awesome. I use them in a 3.5ml Smoktech tank and their great in a tank. CCV sells pre-punched Ressurectors too that have a metal base to be used in the Smoktech tanks.
A few other vendors sell the Smoktech 1.7ohm cartos as well like Hoosier ecig supply and Madvapes. CCV has a great deal though and if you buy a 15-pack you get a free drip tip, plus they have free shipping.
Just to let you know, the eGo is 3.3-3.4V, not 3.7V. The Ressurectors do work on the eGo, but they dont run at full potential. Many eGo users still really like them though.

The lower the ohms, the warmer the vape will be and the more TH there will be. 3.7V PVs handle the lower resistances well like the 1.5ohm and 1.7ohm cartos. For an eGo though, I wouldnt use anything lower than 2.0ohm. Some people do and dont have a problem, but theres also alot of people that have fried an eGo with the lower resistances. The eGo is a mosfet driven PV and using 1.5ohm and 1.7ohm cartos puts a lot of stress on the mosfet and can potentially fry it. So if you do use them on an eGo, be very careful. 3.7V PVs will handle the lower resistances alot better

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The trick when using an Ego with a 1.5ohm is to either use 2 Ego's set up this way and switch back and forth while vaping, or give your one Ego set up this way a LiL break in between vapes and not chain vape it and over heat the Mosfet connection so it doesnt burn it up. That's it and that's all. other then that at 3.7 a 1.5ohm Atty is the best ( just my personal opinion )

MizzKitty

Dec 31, 2011
Indiana
I am using a KGO now and it is a 3.7volt PV even under load it holds at 3.8 or higher so I should be safe I think. I dunno tho. I have only had a problem with one type of carto and that was a Nano Vision from gotvapes.com and it would make the ego or the Kgo both ......light would flicker around 10 times and then it would not activate the Nano.....the nano was 2.5 - 2.8 ohms which I am still not understanding what is lower and what is higher. Would you makee a list showing lowest to highest so I can get a better understanding on it? Like I use 1.5 LR atomizers with no problems and I am a chain vapor and they work perfect and have never had a problem.

1.5 lower
1.7 higer
2.3 even higher? And with an Ego or a Kgo where is the safe zone between 1.5 and 2.3? or what I am sorry I dont understand

Thanks
Mandy

EDIT TO ADD SOMETHING ; I ORDERED 10 1.7 prepunched single coil cartos from hoosier ecig are these the ressorectors?

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
EDIT: If you ordered the single coil 1.7Ω prepunched cartos then they are the same as Resurrectors. The Resurrectors (or Rejuvenatores) are the names given by some vendors to 1.7Ω, 2 ml capacity, single-coil 510 cartomizers by Smoktech. Yes, the lower the number (Ohms) the lower the resistance.

However, it's all about Wattage, that is power (heat) that your PV generates. Wattage = Voltage (of your battery) squared divided be the Resistance (Ω) of your atomizer. If you're not good at math, use this calculator.

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

Just plug in the numbers--the Wattage you want, especially at the beginning of your vaping career, should be somewhere between 4.5 and 8.5 Watts. Anything lower than 4.5 May not vaporize your juice properly and will not produce enough warmth and vapor. Anything above 8.5 W increases the risk of burning the filler in your cartos and even some juices, especially the delicate ones.

EGo batteries can be be killed be any malfunctioning (shorting) carto, so don't worry too much about that. Those batteries can successfully handle 1.5Ω atties; however, if your carto's resistance falls to 1Ω or below, it will trip the Mosfet. Get a multimeter, some time in the future, and test your atties. If they meter out at 1.5Ω or above, they will be fine on your eGos.

So, look for safe Wattage for your battery, not so much just the Ohm rating. By the way, eGo batteries run ~3.4-3.5V under load. The new Rivas are true 3.7v devices. I believe the KGOs are similar to Rivas in voltage (either way, it's a small difference).

I recommend you start with LR Boge cartos or with any of the single-coil Smoktech cartos (they come in 1.7, 2.0, and 2.5Ω). You should be happy and safe within the 2.0-2.5Ω range. At least for starters.

Last edited:

MizzKitty

Dec 31, 2011
Indiana
I have a Riva , KGO and a EGO I am getting a tank to go with the prepunched cartos I ordered through Hoosier ecig supply.
I also have a Stone II 5ml Tank 2.1-2.3ohms and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if its just the ohms or if its an actual problem with the Stone Tank but I am getting a burnt taste and have tried on all 3 batterys. I dont always get the burn taste seems if I hit it and let it set or if I turn it upside down and wait a moment the vapor is nice and gives a good throat hit. So i am trying to figureout if itt is an OHm problem or a tank problem. Everyone is telling me something different on GotVapes forum

Cynder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
Alaska
hi, I have a KGO also, and that is not an Ohm problem. These batteries can handle 2.1-2.3 with ease. I haven't tried those tanks yet, sounds like it's not wicking fast enough to me. I have tried visions and fluxos however and do know tipping them (at least the fluxos I don't have to do this with the vision) upside down gets the juice to the coil a bit faster. Is your juice really thick?

MizzKitty

Dec 31, 2011
Indiana
I just tried priming it and it seems to work fine if I do that and works better than turning it upside down. I give it 3 to 4 primer puffs w/o holding the batter and now it seems to bee working fine.......hmmmmm cant believe I didnt think of that before and I'm using it on an EGO now and working fine as well but I have to do the primer puffs before pressing the button to vape

EDIT I dunno I still cant take as big of a draw as I want to though even after priming it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread