best place for a 510 to 510 extender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I'm gonna be getting an Infinity Pro soon and figured I'd get a 510 to 510 extender so I don't risk ruining the threading on the IP by constantly screwing/unscrewing cartos. What's the best place to get one? I was going to get one from good prophets but heard they're about an inch long, and that just seems way too long. So I'm looking for a smaller one, unless there's a reason for getting a longer one. But the IP is pretty long already, so I don't want it to be super long with the extender on it.

Also, I'd like to get a 510 to Ego atty adaptor, so advice on where to get one of those would be helpful too. (I'd prefer a place that sells both)

And I'd like to not break the bank on just a little extender, but if I have to pay a couple extra bucks for something durable and that'll work well, I don't mind. Anything over $5 each would seem excessive to me (I'm open to any opinions though)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
If you get a 510/Ego adapter you really don't need a 510/510 extender, it does basically the same thing just has the added threading on the outside for cones and ego specific stuff.

I use a 510/Ego adapter on all my mods because I like to use the cone. They are available many places. I got one from Vapor Kings and another from Clouds Of Vapor.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Honestly don't think that you'll ruin the threading. But, if your really interested in getting an extension. Than here's a pretty cheap one:

510 Battery Extension

I was looking at that one, but it's really long. And the shorty they have is $7, and all the reviews there say it used to be $2.50, which makes it seem like price gauging (nothing against madvapes; I've had great experiences doing business with them)

You really think the threading will hold up over time? I'm just worried cause I've never had a mod and it's much more expensive than what I have now, so I wanna be sure it holds up.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
If you get a 510/Ego adapter you really don't need a 510/510 extender, it does basically the same thing just has the added threading on the outside for cones and ego specific stuff.

I use a 510/Ego adapter on all my mods because I like to use the cone. They are available many places. I got one from Vapor Kings and another from Clouds Of Vapor.

Thanks! Good to know I won't need to buy both!

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I was looking at that one, but it's really long. And the shorty they have is $7, and all the reviews there say it used to be $2.50, which makes it seem like price gauging (nothing against madvapes; I've had great experiences doing business with them)

You really think the threading will hold up over time? I'm just worried cause I've never had a mod and it's much more expensive than what I have now, so I wanna be sure it holds up.

I've never had threading fail on a connector on a mod. Probably is a good safety net though and I find other pluses. It helps prevent excess liquid getting into the connector because it has to go through the adapter first, plus as said above, I like using the cone gives it a nice look plus a bit of added protection if it's dropped.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Oh ok, but yeah that's what I've been hearing too. All vendors seem to be raising prices on all of their stuff lately. Honestly don't know of any other places that sell extenders really. But, I'll check around and see if I can find a better price.

Anyways, yeah the threading should be fine. Everyone that owns one really likes the build quality of their Buzz Pro's which will be the same for the IP as well. Mods are generally built to last for a WHILE. Especially from the more well known vendors such as notcigs.

Awesome! You definitely made me feel a little less worried. Is the Ego adapter only really to use a cone? Or what else are they used for? I was assuming people bought them because Joye brand attys/cartos won't work on a regular 510 connection. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
@ Nomoreash - I forgot to ask, how much longer does the 510/Ego adapter from Vapor Kings and Clouds of Vapor add to the length of the PV? (I'm looking at the one from COV and it doesn't give dimensions)

Thanks!

I just measured the connector and it's 5/8" from top to bottom but it doesn't add that much in length when in use because the atty/carto screws down into the top portion. If I had to guess I'd say it adds about 1/2" or slightly less when it use and if a cone is used with it it's hardly noticeable.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I just measured the connector and it's 5/8" from top to bottom but it doesn't add that much in length when in use because the atty/carto screws down into the top portion. If I had to guess I'd say it adds about 1/2" or slightly less when it use and if a cone is used with it it's hardly noticeable.

And that's the one from COV? Also, what other benefits does the 510/Ego adaptor have besides being able to use cones, and use as an extender? Are there certain Joye attys/cartos that won't work on regular 510-threaded PVs?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Awesome! You definitely made me feel a little less worried. Is the Ego adapter only really to use a cone? Or what else are they used for? I was assuming people bought them because Joye brand attys/cartos won't work on a regular 510 connection. Am I wrong in that assumption?

Nope, you don't have to use a cone at all. It allows you to use things like a EMDCC (holds close to 4ml of juice) on your Infinity pro. Which is exactly the reason why people buy these. They also can use a EGO-T tank on them too.

Also, Joye brand atties and cartos will work with a regular 510 connection. No adapter needed for that.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

The 510/Ego adapter is basically just a 510/510 adapter with Ego threads on the outside also to accept ego specific things like tanks, Ego specific cartos and Cones. Anything 510 will work with it no matter if it's Joye, Bauway, SLB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread