Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The problem with pod systems is they’re all internal battery. This make “about a year” the max lifespan of a pod battery period.

They should still last near that though. SMOK is more of the problem than pods, though a pod system of any kind is inherently a disposable system.
I would say just about anything BUT a SMOK brand device is a better bet.

The vladdin has been mentioned. They’re cheap. It may be worth trying. With that particular device it is critical to keep the vacuum switch chamber free of any debris or liquid though. This is not always particularly easy to do. If you don’t and can’t clear it out again the thing is useless.

If you truly want something to last more than a year though your only option is a removable battery device.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Not a pod, but quite tiny, I have Geekvape Flint kits that I like a lot. Adjustable AF and 3 power settings, choice of two coils (last I checked, could be more). Slide fill top, I think 950 mah. They had them on efun, i think, for $18

Only problem I have with them is they’re so small they’re really easy to lose.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not a pod, but quite tiny, I have Geekvape Flint kits that I like a lot. Adjustable AF and 3 power settings, choice of two coils (last I checked, could be more). Slide fill top, I think 950 mah. They had them on efun, i think, for $18

Only problem I have with them is they’re so small they’re really easy to lose.
I’ve never tried one, but on paper the flint looks like a better buy than any pod. Reliability should be higher and operating costs lower.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I have been using the Smok Novo since May. I really like the Novo just very undependable, already gone through two. I would like to find a pod system that will last at least a year. Any help will be appreciated.

Good Luck with the pod search @dthor68 , you should be able to find something easier enough:D:D
    Have a good look through the Forum:thumbs:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I’ve never tried one, but on paper the flint looks like a better buy than any pod. Reliability should be higher and operating costs lower.

I think it’s better simply because it isn’t plastic and it has a fairly normal mtl type drip tip, not some big weird thing.

I figured I’d try it because it’s made by a company that tends to make reliable stuff. I like that it even fits in the insanely small pockets that women’s pants have.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Ok, I've tried probably tried a dozen and a half pods. Some were pretty good. But none threatened to replace my rta's. Ever.

Vladdin is what I've been using almost exclusively for the past week or two. I'm barely hitting my rta. It's just hitting as good as anything I own. And even though I use net tobacco (worst possible juice for coil life), I'm getting 5 or 6 refills per pod. Most amazing coil life I've seen.

I'm pretty amazed by this thing. Charge lasts me almost all day. I'm buying a backup, and a lot more pods.

And I've gotta say...I'm absolutely loving a flawlessly performing draw activation.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I really don't have any pod experience history except for the Frenzy and Pasito and both are really good. The winner of the 2 is the Smoant Pasito because you can get a rba coil for it . The vape from the Pasito rba coil is very good, flavor is above average and it rebuildable though it's a bit of a ..... to do it's worth it.

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I discovered the Zero looking for a cig-a-like. What impressed me the most is the thing ironically turns most folks away……
    Smoooooooooth. For many that means a lack of throat hit with mild, thick juices. Especially on medium. Coil life is outstanding too. Yet like any pod the trade off is a blunted flavor compared to big ole modular devices. Still it puts out a pretty good taste. I really liked the drag too.

I say all that in past tense because the Vladdin RE is the all day device for me now with the Zero around when I want a hit or two of some sour apple/grape taste. Without realizing it, my subconcious just migrated to the drag of the RE. If that thing is a Juul clone I totally get why the big J is so popular. I've never needed a big dose of nicotine from pods as when I used to toodle puff modulars 3 strength was the norm. I did move up to 6 with the Zero and stayed there with the RE. It's new to me so I can't speak on it in terms of lifespan for the body part.

One not mentioned a lot here is the Vape Ant E8. About the size of a double a battery, it has a drag more like a cigar so it's a bit tight for some. I found a double a flashlight pocket clip for that one and keep it fastened to a pocket or collar (depending) so it's always handy. Now again I cannot speak about reliability since that one is only a couple of months to me, but it was my brothers for a few months before he gave it to me. He used to be a big cloud guy until he tried the E8 and ended up only using his Legend a few times a day. For him it was portability and ease of carry that caused him to look at pods for all day vaping. Same with me. The tank on my E8 has about a dozen refills. I swapped on a new one and preferred the old one that had 10 refills. Note, he gave me one of his E8's to try since it had become his all day vape and I kept telling him the Zero for me was close but not quite the ultimate cessation tool.

The ceramic core coils need a bit of time to build up flavor. Like an outdoor grill, these things need a bit of stuck on flavoring for the best flavor. The Zenith tank coil was the same for me so I was used to that anyway. Not that the initial use is dull and lifeless. No flavor at first is actually pretty good on ceramic pod coils. Yet after about 50 drags or so they seem more flavorful. Can they compete with the big toys? No more than a Cessna can compete with a 747 for carrying cargo but to some that is to be expected.

To this pod user the Vladdin RE checks a lot of boxes for satisfying old habits developed while using cigarettes for my nicotine ingestion. So it was an easy thing to get comfortable with. Shaping, weight, drag, size etc. I still smoke, but often times I prefer the RE to a cigarette. That had not been the case with the dozen or so mods and pods tried before. Folks at work think I've stopped smoking because they see me using the RE so often now.

Last edited:

dthor68

Dec 30, 2018
    Greer, SC
    Thanks everyone. I will be going with the Vladdin RE. So the company that I normally buy from does not carry Vladdin, is it best to just buy from Vladdin them self? I have seen a few places online that carry the Vladdin cheaper than what Vladdin sells it for, they look sketchy.

Thanks Again Everyone.

Vapeianic

Feb 12, 2019
    I am interested in the Vladdin RE myself. How is the draw? Is it tight like a cigarette or more loose like the BO? And how good is the nic hit?

Otherwise I can recommend the Hcigar Akso OS, but the draw is very tight. Also maybe take a look at their new device called Lesspo. Apparently it has better airflow. Also the hit with the Akso is not as 'good' as with other devices (but that's me in Europe with 20mg..).

What do you guys think of the I VG pod system oder the Uwell Yearn which are coming soon?

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I am interested in the Vladdin RE myself. How is the draw? Is it tight like a cigarette or more loose like the BO? And how good is the hit?

Otherwise I can recommend the Hcigar Akso OS, but the draw is very tight. Also maybe take a look at their new device called Lesspo. Apparently it has better airflow. Also the hit with the Akso is not as 'good' as with other devices (but that's me in Europe with 20mg..).

What do you guys think of the I VG pod system oder the Uwell Yearn which are coming soon?
    I find defining what constitutes a loose or tight draw to be extremely difficult here because everyone seems to define their favorite draw as “loose or “tight” and everyone is different. If you want a device where you can get the draw just how you want it I suggest looking at a device with a good variable airflow, or if you like a MTL vape there are a few attys such as the berserker that have a series of airflow inserts and other things to make draw highly customizable. Pods rarely have variable airflow so there’s no way to really know it the draw of a given pod is going to fit your personal criteria or not.

• Agree
    Reactions: gerrymi

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I am interested in the Vladdin RE myself. How is the draw? Is it tight like a cigarette or more loose like the BO? And how good is the nic hit?

Draw isn't as tight as the Akso, which was the tightest pod I'd ever tried. I LOVED the Akso, but couldn't find pods for it easily, refillable or prefilled, so gave it up. I'm not going thru that with anything. (but that Ice Mint was incredible!)

RE is maybe a little tighter than most, but that's okay - it's a very dense vape, so it still delivers a good hit like a really good rta, but has a fantastic auto-draw. Closest to hitting a cig that I've found. I almost gave up on it after a few draws, but don't. It takes about 20 draws (with my juice) to break in, then it really shines. RE is a great pod system, and the last week or two anyway, has replaced my rta's. No small feat.

Haven't tried BO, and not really interested in Lesspo or anything else at the moment. Really loving the RE!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    the Vladdin RE is the all day device for me now

United...I've heard good things about the Vladdin RE...but I've always been scared off by the fact that it (reportedly) has NO battery life indicators/LEDs...

How do you check its battery before heading out the door with it in your pocket???

the company that I normally buy from does not carry Vladdin

Vapecrawler

United States

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Correct, no "life left" indicator until its a few drags from dead. Then it flashes.

No way to check it that I know of. If you vape a lot it may not be the right choice. Either that or keep a spare one handy. That's a pitb for some though. I keep a Vladdin case with me and a backup ready to go. My backup came from element vape who discounts spare pods with the purchase of one.

If you vape a ml or less each day it's probably going to last all day. I charge mine every other evening and top off the tank about once every three days. It's pretty well regulated so when you notice a drag is noticably weaker you aint far from needing a charge.

Vladdin says 50/50 nic salt is best but I use a 6 strength 70 vg and have no issues at all.

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I've heard good things about the Vladdin RE...but I've always been scared off by the fact that it (reportedly) has NO battery life indicators/LEDs...

How do you check its battery before heading out the door with it in your pocket???

Vapecrawler

Truth be told, I don't really. Of course I usually have a backup anyway. When I realized it didn't have an indicator, I actually thought it'd be a bigger deal. If I charge in the am, I know if I'm using it almost exclusively, it'll last me until I get home from work and then some. But if I know I'm leaving somewhere, I'll top off the charge. It's pretty quick. I just feel near the usb, and if I don't feel heat, assume it's done. I'm also thinking that using other pods that did have an indicator, I seemed I never really paid attention - I'd just find it wouldn't hit, and realize it was dead.

Still, seems pretty lame not to have it though. It's the only device I've heard of that doesn't, and it probably costs virtually nothing to incorporate it. That said, the way it hits, and the way the coil lasts are probably #1 & 2 on my needs list for a pod, and this one nails those. Small as they are, I'm going to order another and just start taking 2 with me. 2 of these weigh 38g, and my "tiny" True/Nugget setup weighs 100g more than 2 of them.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: gerrymi
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread