Best Pod System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The vape Ants E8 doesn't have an indicator either. I was using that before trying the Vladdin so I got used to it.
The RE has an easier drag than E8. Not more airy or loose. It just requires more mtl suction for the E8, which my wife prefers because she smokes full strength cigarettes that require more suction to get a drag from.
Both are juice sippers.

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

dthor68

Dec 30, 2018
Greer, SC
Got to say, I love the Vladin RE. At first it was not hitting well. I took as big a hit as I possibly could and from that point on it has been great. I have noticed that it does not take as long to charge as the NOVO or Juul did. The charge last me all day. Last night it went dead at 8:30. To me the most important thing is longivity and not getting a mouth full of vape juice. That has not happened yet, generally happened once a day with the NOVO. Also, really like the pods, adding juice is easy. So far really like it.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
When I vaped a black RE around non vapers they'd often ask "is that a Juul?"

I bought a titanium version and thus far have not been asked that since. If the RE is like a Juul I understand why the Juul is so popular. I tried a BO and hated it. The drag was great. The juice was awful. Hence why I never tried a Juul. If BO had messed around and done a refillable version I'd probably have not entered the contest Vladdin held where I won the black one.
Fate works things out.

• Useful

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
839-EA2-CC-BB1-C-46-A1-AACF-95-F12-C4-ED1-F5.jpg

My EDC grew by one today.

155-CCE38-01-EA-4-CD8-A303-C1-C6974-C21-BD.jpg

ROTA

The Vladdin RE is pretty sweet and is my favorite. Near perfect drag to me. The Vape Ants E8 is a bit tighter and was providing a stronger amount of vape while boiling in the mid day summer heat and humidity. See, it seems the temperature changes the viscocity of my 70% vg in the RE so it provides a seemingly weaker vape, throat hit-wise. The E8 is a bit tight for me but ok.

I had won a Voopoo ROTA some time back and enjoyed the vape from it no doubt. Think Sourin Aire. I wondered if those crazy kids in lab coats at Voopoo disected an Aire or Drop and built one around a fidget spinner. Being it was a promo it sat on a shelf mostly. Well now those ROTA vapes are on clearance so I bought a couple and a dozen pod cartridges.

Like RE and E8 it has no on/off switch or changing color indicator. It is rated at 6-10 watts, which tells me at full charge it is likely 10 and declines to 6 as the 340mAh battery zaps the 1.5 ohm coil to cook your favorite juice wicked by organic cotton. So flavor is noteably better than through a ceramic wick, but for how long? I'll know in a few days……

The ROTA was a gimmick pod that flopped sales-wise. But the drag is somewhere between the RE and E8. Like the Sourin Aire, after setting a bit it needs a primer puff and occasionaly makes a fairly loud crackle or pop for just enough noise to not be a great stealth vaper. But I bought it for outdoor use where stealth is not a requirement.

Best pod system?
Well for half the price of a Valaddin, the ROTA vapes pretty good. It holds 2 whole ml of juice. Pods run about $2.50 a pop and come in a package of 4. I got full flavor after soaking it for 30 minutes and about 5 initial puffs.
E8 pods are about $3 a pop but last a long time. I'm on refill #8 and it tastes nearly as yummy as a new pod, still…
I finally decided to switch to a new pod for the RE after half way through refill #6 using a fairly tart juice at 70vg. The original was far from done production-wise and a new one needs a dozen or more drags before full flavor kicks in.

Those 3 would be my vote for best including good throat hit. A Zero is just so smooth it leaves one longing for better throat hit unless using strong nic salt(s).

• Informative

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
No and No.

In your opinion, what would be the best pod systems available?

I bought a good half of the currently available pod systems, and the Frenzy and the Juul are both TC, proper tight MTL airflow, quality long-lasting flavorful coils, true-to-nominal batteries, and are engineered to last.

Truly, and out of sheer curiosity, what are your expectations from the "fourth generation" of vape devices?

• Informative

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
In your opinion, what would be the best pod systems available?

I bought a good half of the currently available pod systems, and the Frenzy and the Juul are both TC, proper tight MTL airflow, quality long-lasting flavorful coils, true-to-nominal batteries, and are engineered to last.

Truly, and out of sheer curiosity, what are your expectations from the "fourth generation" of vape devices?

For a stick style, Caliburn over the Juul.
First the mini-mod style, Smoant Pasito over the Frenzy.

And yes, I've used all 4 of the above.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread