Best PTB Mod - Which do you use?

Which PTB variation do you use?

• Shredded PTB

• RHO DFLRF (Double Folded Loosely Rolled and Frayed)

• RHO SFLRF (Single Folded Loosely Rolled and Frayed)

• Other PTB (Post Below)

• I don't use PTB (Post Below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
I use polyfill w/straw mod. Works great, and I can put used poly in my 3ml syringe from US Plastics and squeeze any excess juice out (saves a TON). The PTB looks like way too much of a hassle for me when I have something that works fine now. I never get "burnt fibers". Ever. If I get a bad taste, it's always been from being dry, not the filler. I have seen pre-rolled PTB carts which I thought about giving a go, just to see if I'm missing out on something, but the place that had them didn't really have anything else I wanted, so I probably won't bother.

RooksGambit

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Lexington, Kentucky
I use the Double Plug, a.k.a. the Rho DFLRF mod. When done right (leaving no openings in the middle of the rolled plug), this mod holds a significant amount of juice and wicks properly. I will occasionally have to give the cart a flick, or take an extra hard pull to get i flowing, but that's all. I vape almost constantly and a cart lasts me about two hours.

I use a 510, and I will never drip with it again. I would only get 4-7 drags with 2 drops, and the constant dripping was irritating. I would dip with a 401, or drip in an 801 atty, but with the 510, only double plug carts for me, thanks.

-Rook

Laramie

Aug 7, 2009
Hi all,
Last week I was going to post about how I hated carts. I tried a couple PTB mods and was...meh. This week after cleaning my pistol I left one clean swatch behind by accident. Today I figured, wth, "Let's try this." Whoa! Big hits and easy draws. I've been steadily vaping for past hour and it hasn't let up. It's still early on in the experiment but looks like I won't have to drip in the car anymore. (That's how unsatisfactory I found carts, especially factory ones. I even got good enough so I could do it one-handed when necessary.)

Briefly here's what I did and it's not very different from PTB mods but it seems easier. The patches are square. I cut a 1/4" strip off and roll it at a slight angle so I have taper to it. I grateful to the member who introduced the pen spring mod b/c I use a 1/8" coil at the bottom of the cart( I use a needlenose plier opened as far as the cart will allow to assure I hit the edges of the spring coil and tuck it down , then I place the narrow end of my filler partially into the cart and hit it on the outside with a couple drops of juice. It is narrow enouogh here that it saturates easily. Using a paperclip or one tong of my needlenose I tuck that in halfway, whack it with more juice. Some around the outside and then I insert the nose of the bottle into the center of the top "flower" end of the funnel (no cutting done) and give her enough to saturate, tuck that in and finish with a 1/16" or so sticking out of the cart nicely juiced. Insert in atty and bang! I like carts! I think it takes longer to read this than do it. Try it and let me know what you think. The patches are a heckuva lot easier to find and less expensive too.

p.s. When dripping sometimes even 3 drops would make it so I woud get juice on my tongue so as part of this new mod I tried both a tiny piece of PTB in the very end of the cart.(Everyone knows if you stick a paperclip into the little hole you can take the end off, right?) It just cut down on the hit, likwise when I tried a piece of patch, so I went without and it turns out it's not needed. It hits so easy that I don't draw as hard and i don't juice my tongue. Oh yeah, the material hasn't burned at atty temps.
Sorry so long but I hope this works as well for you.
Happy vapin'
Lar

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm currently using the PTB Made Easy.

I had recently posted this info at the PTBME thread so I'll post it again here.

I Googled "pyramid tea bag material" and found a post from somebody at another type forum concerned about it's biodegradability who wrote Lipton to ask what the material was that they use. Here's the response:

"The translucent Pyramid tea bag is made of PET, the same food grade material clear water and juice bottles are made of. As with any plastic, it would not be considered biodegradable. PET is completely safe and is 100% recyclable within the plastics waste stream. Hope this information is helpful. Kind regards,Your friends at Lipton"

PET or Polyethylene Terephthalate is a thermoplastic polymer resin of the polyester family according to Wikipedia.

You can buy large mesh sheets of this stuff from McMaster-Carr. The trouble is I can't figure out how to identify the mesh size. It may not be too critical as long as it's close. I'd rather buy it from an E-Cig vendor cut to size like you can with the blue foam. (I forgot who that was) I should approach them about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread