Best Refillable Pod System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
Im looking to get a refillable pod system for vaping when im out and about. What would yall say is the best overall refillable pod system out there? I want something that isn't gonna break on me in a month and something that isn't super expensive for the replacement refillable pods when they burn out. As well as something that has good life on the pods. I was looking at the smok Rolo Badge but I figured I get some opinions of various people on the best products out there before buying something.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I like my Vaporesso Nexus. It's refillable and you can change the coils plus it's draw activated. The only thing is that the liquid goes in the body so I'm not sure if you can change out the top with the mouthpiece.
I also like my Aspire Breeze 2 but I think I'm in the minority. You have to press a button to draw. You can change the coils and the pods. I've had no problem with it and enjoy it but wish it was draw activated.
Then there's myblu but now that the $1 sale is over its not worth the price. Luckily I've still got a few. ;)

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
I like my Vaporesso Nexus. It's refillable and you can change the coils plus it's draw activated. The only thing is that the liquid goes in the body so I'm not sure if you can change out the top with the mouthpiece.
I also like my Aspire Breeze 2 but I think I'm in the minority. You have to press a button to draw. You can change the coils and the pods. I've had no problem with it and enjoy it but wish it was draw activated.
Then there's myblu but now that the $1 sale is over its not worth the price. Luckily I've still got a few. ;)
I just looked at the Nexus, and I like the idea of changeable coils instead of changing the whole pod itself. That's nice. Coil packs are cheap as well. I thinking this might be the one I get.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I just looked at the Nexus, and I like the idea of changeable coils instead of changing the whole pod itself. That's nice. Coil packs are cheap as well. I thinking this might be the one I get.
There are several others with changeable coils and the coils are proven, have been around forever and should continue to be available for some time. Don't be too quick to jump the gun.
Look at Aspire Spryte and Aspire Nautilus AIO.
I was getting interested for awhile but to be honest it think that every pod system is missing something. Some are missing adjustable power, some are missing adjustable airflow, some are short on battery life. Some don't have replaceable coils. I've read some members have gone thru a dozen of them and been happy with none. Research research research and then choose wisely.
It's really such a crapshoot that I've decided to keep my money in my pocket.
IMO I'm better off with a VV Evod 650 mAh battery and a $7 GS air tank with adjustable airflow and replaceable long lasting coils that are readily available and practically a dime a dozen. And thats the pod mod that I chose to go with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diver9543

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Im looking to get a refillable pod system for vaping when im out and about. What would yall say is the best overall refillable pod system out there? I want something that isn't gonna break on me in a month and something that isn't super expensive for the replacement refillable pods when they burn out. As well as something that has good life on the pods. I was looking at the SMOK Rolo Badge but I figured I get some opinions of various people on the best products out there before buying something.

Some info about your vaping habits would help narrow things down. Are you a tootle puffer? Cloud chaser? Chain vaper? How many ml per day?

Reactions: bombastinator

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
LV Orion has a DNA chip and Replay which is highly regarded. The mod itself is one of the more expensive on the market, and the pods are about $5, BUT, you can get a "mtl" or "dl" pod. They have adjustable airflow, and the pods can last ~1 month depending on the volume vaped. It's the sorta temp control high quality chipset that makes it worthwhile if you're looking for close to a regular vape like a tank / mod setup, and the pods are supposedly longasting. There's a full thread going many pages in the pod mod section.

Far less featured could be something like the Innokin EQ. Affordable, and the pods are about $4 each. Easy to refill. They last a while but have fixed airflow for mtl type use.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
LV Orion has a DNA chip and Replay which is highly regarded. The mod itself is one of the more expensive on the market, and the pods are about $5, BUT, you can get a "mtl" or "dl" pod. They have adjustable airflow, and the pods can last ~1 month depending on the volume vaped. It's the sorta temp control high quality chipset that makes it worthwhile if you're looking for close to a regular vape like a tank / mod setup, and the pods are supposedly longasting. There's a full thread going many pages in the pod mod section.

Far less featured could be something like the Innokin EQ. Affordable, and the pods are about $4 each. Easy to refill. They last a while but have fixed airflow for mtl type use.
Ew. I thought the pods were cheaper than that. That’s kinda pricey

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Which, the Orion? $5 for an airflow adjustable dl pod that lasts a month doesn't seem so bad. The EQ pods, in a system not nearly as flexible as the Orion which gives you different wattage selections and Replay, are $3.50 to $4 each. If I were to use 2 EQ pods in a month, the $5 Orion ones are cheaper over the long run.

The EQ does let you choose 2 different wattage settings, but doesn't have the flexibility of the Orion. OTOH the EQ is only ~$25 with one pod included compared to the Orion at ~$60-70.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Which, the Orion? $5 for an airflow adjustable dl pod that lasts a month doesn't seem so bad. The EQ pods, in a system not nearly as flexible as the Orion which gives you different wattage selections and Replay, are $3.50 to $4 each. If I were to use 2 EQ pods in a month, the $5 Orion ones are cheaper over the long run.

The EQ does let you choose 2 different wattage settings, but doesn't have the flexibility of the Orion. OTOH the EQ is only ~$25 with one pod included compared to the Orion at ~$60-70.
Agree with the summing up and i am seriously thinking of getting the Orion to use with replay. The EQ is a very good device though and for a lot of people will be the choice because of cost. I don't know how long a pod will last in the Orion but the only part of the summing up i would disagree with is somehow the EQ would cost more to run because the pods will only last a couple of weeks. My experience is very different the Plexus coil pods have great longevity.

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Howdy and Welcome. I agree with what someone said above that it would help knowing how you vape as every pod system provides a different experience. Due to not knowing these things, I'm just gonna throw a few mini reviews out there with my experience with a few pods that I like.

Aspire Breeze 2: Button operated draw which I have been using this pod for almost 5 months and both are still going strong. Pros: removable coils and it has 2 different size coils. I prefer the 1ohm coil but the .6 is not bad either. Good battery with its 1000 mah battery, easy to fill, and adjustable air flow. Cons: top cap to get to coil is a pain in the .... to get off, if the coil is not in just right it will flood producing major spit back, and the power is not consistent meaning, as the battery drains, the amount of power for each hit gets weaker. Flavor is a little weak as well.

Aspire Nautilus AIO: Button operated draw. I only had this for about a month but kind of like it. Pro: very lightweight, coils provide nice flavor for a pod, adjustable air flow, and has decent battery life. Cons: it is plastic and feels cheap, juice has to be almost empty to change the coil or it will just spill out the mouthpiece, sometimes it is a pain to fill as it has no vent hole and air bubbles will form.

Innokin EQ: Button operated draw. Very tight draw which could either be a pro or con depending on how you vape. Pros: nice rubberized finish which feels good in the hands, adjustable power (sort of) where it has 2 settings, normal and boost, easiest pods to fill outside of the Orion, good life for the pods, ceramic coils are in the pods which produces good flavor for a pod, and pods last a while before the flavor deminishes. Cons: battery indicator sucks as it will show white until it is about 15% then it will go red leaving about 10 more draws until empty, and the magnets which keep the pod in place are on the weaker side and do not do the greatest job keeping the pod in place.

Lost Vape Orion. Button activated draw. Nice system with a DNA chip and replay. Pro: has different settings which can be adjusted somewhat inside Escribe, can lock in the hit with replay once you find a sweet spot, very well made and feels like a quality device in the hands, can use either .5 or .25 ohm pods (personally, I only like the .25 pods), easiest pod system to fill, and adjustable air flow. Cons: not a fan of the battery life (950 mah) as I seem to have to charge these more than other pods and I use the other pods more frequently, sometimes it gives me that TC type of hit which feels kind of weak, and it is about 3 times as much as the other pod systems mentioned thus far (but you are paying for the quality and chip set in this device so I never felt like I paid too much for it either).

Joyetech Ego Mansion AIO: It does both button and draw activated draw. It has no pod as it is a true AIO and has built in glass tank with only the coil being replaceable. Pro: strong hit with this thing and produces large clouds with the airflow wide open, very good battery life with its 1300 mah battery, easy to fill, adjustable air flow. Cons: it has 2 windows but is difficult to see the fill level at times making filling a pain, due to the pain to fill, it will sometimes overfill leaving excess liquid on the rim which has to be wiped off or it will get into the mouthpiece, and it is very tall.

I have others but these are the ones I tend to use most. The one thing with pods is flavor is nowhere near to what a tank system gives. The flavor is muted somewhat on them. The Orion probably has the best flavor out of all of them but the Mansion, EQ, and Nautilus AIO are not bad for pods. As stated above, these are just my thoughts and opinions on these devices and I probably left much out as the post is already way too long.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I hope that holds up on the Plexus pods. I just bought another two after deciding it did work as a throw in the pocket and be satisfied for an afternoon out sort of setup. I normally vape dl with 6 mg juice, and while I started out mtl like many, trying to alternate back to mtl wasn't a smooth road. I used nic salts but couldn't tolerate the high nic content. I've since found 12 mg of plain nic will work for me as a compromise on the pod. It's a nice little unit, the battery is fairly large for a pod mod, and I'm content with it.

Granted it might take almost a year to make up the cost differential between an Orion and an EQ, and if the lifespan of an EQ pod beats two weeks with moderate use, any savings isn't worth the consideration for selection. But, the Orion is a very flexible pod system while the EQ is somewhat more limited, but if it's going to be for occasional use, as it is for me, the EQ easily fills the need.

I'm a temp control vaper who relies on DNA mods, but I rarely need a pod form factor, so justifying the expense of the Orion didn't work for me. If I had to use a pod on a daily basis I might rethink that, but for now the EQ works fine for me.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I hope that holds up on the Plexus pods. I just bought another two after deciding it did work as a throw in the pocket and be satisfied for an afternoon out sort of setup. I normally vape dl with 6 mg juice, and while I started out mtl like many, trying to alternate back to mtl wasn't a smooth road. I used nic salts but couldn't tolerate the high nic content. I've since found 12 mg of plain nic will work for me as a compromise on the pod. It's a nice little unit, the battery is fairly large for a pod mod, and I'm content with it.

Granted it might take almost a year to make up the cost differential between an Orion and an EQ, and if the lifespan of an EQ pod beats two weeks with moderate use, any savings isn't worth the consideration for selection. But, the Orion is a very flexible pod system while the EQ is somewhat more limited, but if it's going to be for occasional use, as it is for me, the EQ easily fills the need.

I'm a temp control vaper who relies on DNA mods, but I rarely need a pod form factor, so justifying the expense of the Orion didn't work for me. If I had to use a pod on a daily basis I might rethink that, but for now the EQ works fine for me.
If someone was offering me an Orion or EQ i would take the Orion i think most people would. But you're right it's just the cost verses use so is it worth the price tag. I would be more tempted by the Orion if using a pod system was my main way of vaping but like you i tend to DL and only use a pod for situations were a bit of stealth is required or i need to use higher mg because i'm going to be in a situation were i'm not going to get much opportunity to have a vape.

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread