Help To Choose A Pod System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I am thinking about buying a new pod system, the new one I got doesn't satisfy me "Vladdin RE"
Here is a list of some I have been thinking about buying.
1. innokin gala
2. smok NOVO
3. smok Nord

What I am looking for is
1. Restrictive
2. Reliable
3. Hits Hard

Whichever of the pod systems I have listed matches best too what I am looking for please suggest it to me.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Orion DNA Go.

Ok, but if you're looking for a cheap way out, the Smok Trinity Alpha I have seems to be serving me well, three months in. I only used it hard for the first month and a half, but use it weekly at least for a pod or two. It uses Nord coils, so the MTL coils are available. No adjustment to airflow, if you want that, there is the Smok n17, which also uses Nord coils.... They both have power settings, but are only bucking voltage, so the vape will fade as the battery does.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Vaporesso Renova Zero
Vaporesso makes good quality stuff and this system gets high praise from trustworthy folks. I’d trust it over the SMOK offerings and Innokin makes good stuff but I haven’t heard much about that one. Best of luck with whatever pod you choose.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Can you clarify what you mean by "hits hard"? That's not what pods do. Unless you mean using very high nic high PG juice in a refillable pod system. Pods don't blow clouds, and even the best ones like the LV Orion still don't outperform standard vape gear ( well, unless it's crappy vape gear that's not hard To outperform).

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Rule out the Smoks due to poor quality. If you're looking for something a bit more hard-hitting I hear good things about the Geekvape Frenzy.
ok so I ruled out smok, I asked for these specific ones, because, I can't find any other good pod systems from my country "Norway" if I wanted to order from outside of Norway, I need to pay 40$ customs, and I don't want to do that again.
do you think the innokin has restrictive air flow?
here is the website's i can order from
E-sigarett nettbutikk i Norge - NoSmoke.no - Elektroniske sigaretter
E-sigarett - Nettbutikk - Best og billigst på e-sigaretter i Norge
Dampshop - E-sigaretter, dampvæske og tilbehør Dampshop

you can you translate to surf through the websites, if you find anything that matches what i am looking for i would be grateful.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Can you clarify what you mean by "hits hard"? That's not what pods do. Unless you mean using very high nic high PG juice in a refillable pod system. Pods don't blow clouds, and even the best ones like the LV Orion still don't outperform standard vape gear ( well, unless it's crappy vape gear that's not hard To outperform).
Ii dunno, I've seen decent clouds from a DNA Go, at least what I'd expect from a 40w chipset. I don't know how the Op thinks tight draw is going to help clouds though. So yeah, nic hit I guess

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018

Ii dunno, I've seen decent clouds from a DNA Go, at least what I'd expect from a 40w chipset. I don't know how the Op thinks tight draw is going to help clouds though. So yeah, nic hit I guess

by hard I really meant harsh throat hit, I am not looking for massive vapor production

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
ok so I ruled out smok, I asked for these specific ones, because, I can't find any other good pod systems from my country "Norway" if I wanted to order from outside of Norway, I need to pay 40$ customs, and I don't want to do that again.

you can you translate to surf through the websites, if you find anything that matches what i am looking for i would be grateful.
I had a look. But are you sure you want a pod? Pods seldom deliver much throat hit. You'll get better performance from a traditional tank + mod. I see nosmoke.no sells the Aegis Mini + Cerb tank which would be a really nice choice because you could use freebase nic and crank up the wattage to find your sweet spot. Plus built-in battery to keep things simple.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Ive heard the Innokin has had problems with bad coils. Seems a good many of folks have received DOA pods which would worry me. The Smoant pasito has gotten good reviews and has a rebuildable coil so that would be a huge pro for that one. Also I’m a huge fan of Smoant, they seem to make good quality gear that performs well and doesn’t cost a ton. They make some of the best valued vape gear I’ve used.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I'll had a look. But are you sure you want a pod? You'll get better performance from a traditional tank + mod. I see nosmoke.no sells the Aegis Mini + Cerb tank which would be a really nice choice.

all I am really looking for is a good throat hit device, as I seem to not get satisfied now after a long time vaping on 18mg, I mainly wanted a pod because of the automatic switch, but if you think the aegis seems good, ill take a look at it. oh and i am not looking for nicotine delivery, i don't know why but its not the nicotine i am after but the TH

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
all I am really looking for is a good throat hit device, as I seem to not get satisfied now after a long time vaping on 18mg, I mainly wanted a pod because of the automatic switch, but if you think the aegis seems good, ill take a look at it. oh and i am not looking for nicotine delivery, i don't know why but its not the nicotine i am after but the TH
I see. The best zero nic throat hit is definitely going to come from a traditional mod + tank with a high-PG liquid like 50/50. Pods are just too low-power. While the automatic draw detection can be nice, you'll soon get the hang of using a button, and Geekvapes are highly regarded as quality devices.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I see. The best zero nic throat hit is definitely going to come from a traditional mod + tank with a high-PG liquid like 50/50. Pods are just too low-power. While the automatic draw detection can be nice, you'll soon get the hang of using a button, and Geekvapes are highly regarded as quality devices.

High PG, Even more than 50%, as well as certain flavors, like citrus, and even some grain alcohol, as well as other additives, can add significant throat hit.

Get the geekvape, from what I hear, it'll last.

oh i didnt mean i want to switch from 18mg to 0mg i just wanted something that can hit a little harder, i've found the Smoant Pasito, is this a good device ?

Reactions: Vaperer

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
oh i didnt mean i want to switch from 18mg to 0mg i just wanted something that can hit a little harder, i've found the Smoant Pasito, is this a good device ?
The pastio is newer, so less is known about longevity. The brand has a good reputation though. It also has the only rebuildable coil for a pod.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Even better. Freebase nic improves the throat hit. You'll may want to decrease the strength to 12 or 9 mg to account for the greater vapor production.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I've been looking at these devices as well. I don't like the internal battery. It probably wouldn't last me but a couple hours. Interesting thread. I use the traditional tank and mod. There's something about them small ones that make me think the battery will not last. But I have no experience in this field.
The Mini's been out for about ten months now and I've heard nothing but good things. 2200mAh doesn't sound like much but it's only driving 30-40W with the Cerb tank. And OP's got backup equipment to use while charging.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The best way to increase throat hit is higher pg%. I use 50/50 now but when I started with the lower powered gear back then I used 80%PG/20%vg though a commercial juice using that much pg might be hard to find these days. I mix my own so I don’t know of any commercial juice using a lot of pg so I can’t help there besides suggesting you start to mix your own. Otherwise you could buy juice with a really high nicotine mg and dilute it down to your desired nic mg using pg to boost the pg%.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
When ecigs first came out they were all automatic switches. Buttons were actually a later innovation. The problem with the early auto switches is they were ridiculously unreliable. The problem is even tiny amounts of liquid in the vacuum switch chamber can fool the vacuum sensor into thinking that there is either always vacuum or never vacuum.
Auto switches almost completely faded away until the eroll came out, which utilized a tube running down the center of the battery to get the vacuum switch far enough away from the juice container that it had half a chance of remaining functional. Modern pods have revived the auto switch, but it still has the same problem it always did:
If you get gunk in the vacuum switch chamber it stops working right.

Some pods have to one degree or another addressed this issue with widely varying degrees of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread