Best setup for elderly woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbrad1977

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Illinois, USA
Hi. I need some advice. My grandmother is 91 yrs old and stopped smoking years ago. However, she has taken up ecigs in the last year or so (because really? At this point, why not?) with the disposal cartridge ones you can get from the gas station. She liked it well enough but wants something not disposable. My dad (her son) had me order an evod starter kit for her off of ebay because that is what he uses. I think it may be too hard to manage for her--with the juice and the coil heads, etc...

Can anyone help me out as to what would be the best (easiest) set up for her? Size doesn't matter.

Thanks!

ETA: I forgot to put that her hands shake quite a bit also.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
for $37, DV BCC eGo-T Kit - Black - 1100mah ....since she doesn'tt want a simple disposeable CE4 clearomizer, this CE5 has a coil that simply screws into the bottom which you replace for about $1 every month...if she can unscrew and replace a light bulb, she can replace the coil here once a month.....easiest setup in the world, and has everything U need, plus 2 all day batteries , carrying case and USB and a wall charger...U must always have a spare battery just in case yours dies during the day etc...batteries react strangely ocassionally..

BTW, this is a well known and ECF endorsed company in CT with fast delivery to your door...and a great reputation.

This custom kit consists of:
1. (2) eGo 1100 mAh battery
2. (2) DVBCC replacable coil Clearomizers
3. (1) eGo Case
4. (1) Wall Charger
5. (1) USB 420mah Charging cable

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have no suggestions for someone 91 ........ yet, I'm only 73.
    But, I will say that everyone needs to go through the same learning process regardless of age. So keep it simple at first just like you would if she was only 21.

You might check out this thread
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-older-folks-vaping-front-porch-part-2-a.html
    and read up on what the rest of us 'old people' use.

Meanwhile I need to get back to wrapping a new coil before I go mix up some more juice.
    DON'T sell people short just because they are older!

Last edited:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
    for $37, DV BCC eGo-T Kit - Black - 1100mah ....since she doesn'tt want a simple disposeable CE4 clearomizer, this CE5 has a coil that simply screws into the bottom which you replace for about $1 every month...if she can unscrew and replace a light bulb, she can replace the coil here once a month.....easiest setup in the world, and has everything U need, plus 2 all day batteries , carrying case and USB and a wall charger...U must always have a spare battery just in case yours dies during the day etc...batteries react strangely ocassionally..

BTW, this is a well known and ECF endorsed company in CT with fast delivery to your door...and a great reputation.

This custom kit consists of:
    1. (2) eGo 1100 mAh battery
    2. (2) DVBCC replacable coil Clearomizers
    3. (1) eGo Case
    4. (1) Wall Charger
    5. (1) USB 420mah Charging cable

I second the DV BCC clearo suggestion. I use them in my daily rotation; they have a large opening for refill, and changing out the coils is easy. Though keep in mind they are plastic, so be careful not to use tank-killer eliquids in them. I also highly recommend Discount Vapers!

I have no suggestions for someone 91 ........ yet, I'm only 73.
    But, I will say that everyone needs to go through the same learning process regardless of age. So keep it simple at first just like you would if she was only 21.

You might check out this thread
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-older-folks-vaping-front-porch-part-2-a.html
    and read up on what the rest of us 'old people' use.

Meanwhile I need to get back to wrapping a new coil before I go mix up some more juice.
    DON'T sell people short just because they are older!

Thank you for standing up for us "experienced" people! :)

OP, I think the only way to find something your grandmother's going to be happy with is trial and error. Let her try a variety of systems to see what she likes and can manage. Good luck to her! I'm delighted to hear we have a new vaper at 91!!!! :thumbs:

amoret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    I'm young (63) but have hand problems, and have been very happy with my iTaste VV v3. If a larger size is fine an MVP might also work, but the button on it can be difficult to push.

I found cartomizers to be much harder to fill than bottom coil clearomizers. A protank 2 (full sized) is fairly easy to fill. My personal favorite is the Anyvape Davide, but they are harder to find.

hbrad1977

Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Illinois, USA
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. :) I'll take them all into consideration.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that because she is older that she couldn't handle things. Normally, she can. She is still driving and everything. However, she just finished up a stint in a nursing home to rehabilitate from cancer surgery. She's pretty frail at the moment. I probably should have mentioned that in my first post. I just didn't want her to be over-burdened.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2013
    Orbiting Sirius B
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. :) I'll take them all into consideration.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that because she is older that she couldn't handle things. Normally, she can. She is still driving and everything. However, she just finished up a stint in a nursing home to rehabilitate from cancer surgery. She's pretty frail at the moment. I probably should have mentioned that in my first post. I just didn't want her to be over-burdened.

You're approaching the situation with the right attitude; I think you'll both do well! :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread