Best syringe for filling eGo tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
What is the best size/type of syringe for filling eGo tanks? The bottles I have from TV are very pointy and work well, but most other bottles are too short and round tipped. The pet and baby medicine syringes are also not pointy enough. I've Googled and seen some on vendors sites, but I don't want to get too small of a needle and I don't see any need for an entire box of them either.
Thanks!

Pneathery

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Surfside Beach SC
I went to a local dentist office and got a syrenge that they use for cleaning testy. Where the needle would go it is about two inch plastic tip that is curved works lime a charm. Plus they gave me the first one, and told me if I wanted any more, that they would charge me $5, so I bought two more. I just fill through the hole made by the atty.

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Maybe I'm not informed enough yet, but why are you using needles? It's easy enough to pop of the cap on the bottom, fill it up, and pop the cap back on... I've been using the same tank for the past week, refilling 3-4 times a day, and haven't had any problems with it.

Do they loosen up too much after a while? Start to leak?

I have an 18g needle and syringe, so if that's the better way to do it, I'll probably start using it, but I was just wondering why.

DawnsDone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Derry NH
Maybe I'm not informed enough yet, but why are you using needles? It's easy enough to pop of the cap on the bottom, fill it up, and pop the cap back on... I've been using the same tank for the past week, refilling 3-4 times a day, and haven't had any problems with it.

Do they loosen up too much after a while? Start to leak?

I have an 18g needle and syringe, so if that's the better way to do it, I'll probably start using it, but I was just wondering why.

Ive been taking the cap off, also for 3 or 4 times a day for the past 2 1/2 weeks on the same tank, and my daughter as well and we have no leaks or problems. Caps and seal are still like new. This is how its designed to be used.

Jennie O

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
N Texas
I have been popping the cap off as well, but that means I have to touch the juice more, messier, and prying it 'may' cause it to not fit back on as tight after awhile. I'd like them to last as long as possible, and rinsing/cleaning does require taking the cap off.
So far I have not had any leak issues either. But if I can fill it through the hole without messing with the cap I just wanted that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread