Best Vanilla Flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
I'm still really new so it's probably something I'm doing or not doing that's messing things up. When I try to make complex recipes, they come out horrid.

Basic tobacco recipe format that is usually OK:

tobacco Flavors .... Your choice
2-4 Drops TFA Bavarian Creme
2-4 Drops Caramel (I like FlavourArt)
2 Drops TFA Peanut Butter
1 Drop Vape Wizard, "Smooth" etc
1 Drop Acetyl Pyrazine

PG/VG Base and Nicotine to 3 mL Total mix.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
I have been looking for the perfect vanilla as well. My wife's favorite juice is a vanilla tobacco that our local shop sells but it is pricey and I want to be able to make it myself. Have no idea how though, it is a very rich vanilla, not light and sweet like most I have found. It also produces a very powerful odor which is actually very nice. I have to find what kind of tobacco it is as well. I can't ask the local shop because they don't know, they get it from someone in Kentucky.

I have some Madagascar vanilla coming tomorrow and hoping that is closer. I am also thinking of maybe trying captain black, her juice has a strong pipe tobacco base I think.

try tasty puff Nilly Vanilla, its a delicious non vanilla extract tasting tobacco flavoring i think..

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I've only ordered two vanillas: Capellas Vanilla Custard, and TPA Bavarian Cream.

The Vanilla Custard bothered my airways, for some reason, but it did taste good to me. It's not unusual for me to find something that I'm sensitive to in e-liquids, so I pushed on.

I now have trouble stopping myself from adding some amount of the Bavarian cream to any batch that I make. Seriously, unless I'm making something that vanilla just doesn't sound good with, I add at least a couple of drops. Good stuff.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
First off, I love your avatar pic.
The custard notes... don't they have something that's harmful to vape? If so, that's definitely the reason. I'm going to look it up. I just avoid custard flavorings altogether
*Update* Nevermind. Website say's its diacetyl free
I've only ordered two vanillas: Capellas Vanilla Custard, and TPA Bavarian Cream.

The Vanilla Custard bothered my airways, for some reason, but it did taste good to me. It's not unusual for me to find something that I'm sensitive to in e-liquids, so I pushed on.

I now have trouble stopping myself from adding some amount of the Bavarian cream to any batch that I make. Seriously, unless I'm making something that vanilla just doesn't sound good with, I add at least a couple of drops. Good stuff.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
First off, I love your avatar pic.
The custard notes... don't they have something that's harmful to vape? If so, that's definitely the reason. I'm going to look it up. I just avoid custard flavorings altogether
*Update* Nevermind. Website say's its diacetyl free

I haven't kept up with Capella's flavorings, but there are other chemicals, such as acetoin, that are somewhat questionable. I tend to trust TPA the most when it comes to that issue, because they have been very forth-coming about it:

Perfumer's Apprentice

TPA goes as far as saying if there are any 'custard notes' in their flavorings or not, covering any of the similar chemicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread