Best VV or VW mod other then vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

spungee

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I switch between my latest acquisition, iTaste MVP2, for size and battery life, and my first mod, my Evic, for the statistics.
I'm still sticking mainly to the Evic, as I love the data that I can get from it via the MVR software, but have a feeling that I'm going to be using the MVP more and more once I step my nicotine down another level.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
+1 on a Provari
If you like a tube Mod with VV There really is no comparison to the Provari.
It is the most expensive of the choices you are going to get here, with good reason.

Built like a tank.
Built to Military specs
Best electronics when it comes to Vaping experience. You get the same exact Vape for the life of your battery. True it does have a vary basic display, not the fancy ones you may be used to.
If you buy a new one, a 1 year warranty with fast turn around time here in the USA. If you buy one used, like I did, if you ever need repairs their prices are very reasonable. The likely hood that it will ever need repairs is very very low.

You seem to be frustrated with the lifespan of your current mods. The Provari might last you a lifetime.

I have never heard of anyone regretting getting a Provari. They might move over to Mech Mods for low ohm rigs, or go the REO route for its particular different Vaping style.

That's my more than 2 cents.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
You blew the board on a Vamo? Yours is the first time I have ever heard of the Vamo not working, what resistance coils and what wattage are you running em at?

2.2 to 2.5 olms 4.5 to 6 watts. Two boards org in bamboo and one from kidney puncher org board 3 months, replacement installed 10/2quit 10/26

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
If you can push the budget a bit then a gently used provari may be the way to go. If you can spend about $130 - 140 you can get a decent one from the classifieds right here on ECF.

If not, I can recommend a Sigelei Zmax. Has much better build quality than a vamo (and I have two of those) and offers good threading, good looks and good performance in a tubular style form. You can pick up a mini for around $45 (I am assuming you have good quality batteries and charger) so that would leave a nice budget surplus for a further APV as a backup. Maybe something like the MVP1 or 2 as mentioned previously.

Have a look-see at PBusardo's youtube channel for reviews on pretty much all of the APVs out there. Also have a browse of the APV forums here - they'll give you a good idea as to what people are using and the issues / advantages of each.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
2.2 to 2.5 olms 4.5 to 6 watts. Two boards org in bamboo and one from kidney puncher org board 3 months, replacement installed 10/2quit 10/26

WoW The only problem I have with mine in 5 month's was the 510 connection wearing cant use it for my RDA's but still get some use
because some how my carto tanks still work

However because of this issue I went with the Provari because of the warranty and service

Glad I did as well because it really does give a smoother vape

Its solid and not bad out and about as well

The Vamo cost me $56 with batteries and charger from fasttech

The provari was $200 plus with warranty and the features I wanted

at the price I would pay for a new vamo without charger and batteries think like $35
I used to think I could get 6 vamo's for the price of a provari

but now I know 6 vamo's are not equal to the quality of vape from 1 provari

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
+1 on a Provari
If you like a tube Mod with VV There really is no comparison to the Provari.
It is the most expensive of the choices you are going to get here, with good reason.

Built like a tank.
Built to Military specs
Best electronics when it comes to Vaping experience. You get the same exact Vape for the life of your battery. True it does have a vary basic display, not the fancy ones you may be used to.
If you buy a new one, a 1 year warranty with fast turn around time here in the USA. If you buy one used, like I did, if you ever need repairs their prices are very reasonable. The likely hood that it will ever need repairs is very very low.

You seem to be frustrated with the lifespan of your current mods. The Provari might last you a lifetime.

I have never heard of anyone regretting getting a Provari. They might move over to Mech Mods for low ohm rigs, or go the REO route for its particular different Vaping style.

That's my more than 2 cents.

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

Agree about the Provari but OP said VW and it doesn't do that. Probably go with the MVP 2.0 if VW is a requirement.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I can recommend a Sigelei Zmax. Has much better build quality than a vamo (and I have two of those) and offers good threading, good looks and good performance in a tubular style form. You can pick up a mini for around $45 (I am assuming you have good quality batteries and charger) so that would leave a nice budget surplus for a further APV as a backup. Maybe something like the MVP1 or 2 as mentioned previously.
Right now, 101Vape has the MVP2 for $40 (then they restock Tuesday) and the Zmax for $42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread