Best way to drip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambean

Jan 12, 2012
Ohio
Hey all,

Still kind of new to the PV world. I believe I've tried all the basic methods (carto/drip/tank) to date, I definitely prefer the dripping. I have an eGo and now I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a better/easier way to use the drip concept. I believe what I do is the standard by simply using a LR 501 atomizer and this allows me to drop a few drops at a time which seems to last for a decent amount of time. Is there anything that replaces the drip that allows for a larger reservoir so that I don't have to always add juice so frequently?

Based on some brief reading, is the eGo Stardust what I'm looking for? GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust 1.4ml Top Coil Carto 2.5-2.7 ohm [gv-visionstardust-2.5] - $7.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more or is there something better out there?

Thanks

Last edited:

adambean

Jan 12, 2012
Ohio
Also, what about the Fluxomizer? FLüXomizer™ 510 Clearomizer : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more and CE4? http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=147

So is the Stardust meant to replace dripping and the Fluxomizer/CE4 meant to replace carto's? I kind of want to try all of them; however for the Flux, I'm not sure which I'd need. I just have an eGo-C and not sure what ohm range that is? That and with the Fluxo, do the cones fit on top of them?

Thanks

Last edited:

evilferret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Flushing NY
Depends on how you vape.

Flux's don't work for me. I like hard fast puffs like a real cig and most CE style don't wick fast enough for me.

You said you like dripping for its flavor, why not give bottom feeder mods a try? It's like dripping but from the bottom.

Options for larger batteries and usually have juice holders built in.

What e-cig are you using? Original post says you're using a LR 510 but than you say you have an Ego-C which has its own tank system.

adambean

Jan 12, 2012
Ohio
Well, being impatient and all ... I already put an order in for the following:
- eGo CE4 Bottom Coil Clearo 1.3ml - 2.1-2.4ohm BLUE 1PC
- GotVapes FLuXomizer™ DeLuXe CLEAR SMOKEY 510 XL 1.8ml 2.4-2.6ohm
- GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust 1.4ml Top Coil Carto 2.5-2.7 ohm
- Micromizer x7 XL 1.3ml Dual LED Bottom Coil - 2.4-2.6ohm - BLUE

I figured, midas well try them all!

Yes, I have an eGo-C; however soon after purchasing I quickly found that I didn't really enjoy the tank system on that. My local shop says (and showed me) that the C simply doesn't work nearly as well as previous models. Even though the T did work better, I still prefer the drip as it's a better hit. The biggest problem I have with the tank system is that it's just too much work. I feel like I have to suck 10x harder to get the same hit that I do from a drip.

So right now, I just use my eGo with a 510 atty for drip and looking at alternatives. As stated earlier, the drip is my favorite; however I'd like something that has more of a reservoir that isn't the tank. I'm hopeful with the order I just placed with gotvapes will get me there. I have 4 new choices to play with and I have to assume I'm going to like at least one of them! I'm also hoping I got all the right ohm models for the battery I have ... I'm still learning!

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
DSC04499.jpg click to enlarge
Here's the inside of a REO. The juice bottle has a tube inside that pushes the juice up into the atty. It is the same as dripping, except the juice is fed into the atty from the bottom, and without the mess.

http://www.reosmods.com/ there are less expensive bottom feeders out there, that other ECF'ers will recommend. The REOs are the only ones I have, therefore they are the only ones I can recommend. Awesome mod, no mess, no hassle, dependable.

Last edited:

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Lol...no it's a box mod. There are mini's too that fit in the palm of your hand.
When I first started vaping I thought...NO WAY will I ever be walking around sucking on a big ol' box. Now I can't imagine using anything else.
Barnum & Bailey.jpg the gold one is a mini...it is a little smaller than a business card.

adambean

Jan 12, 2012
Ohio
Very interesting and cool Della Cirque ... I think I'm gonna hold off till my order shows up and I get to try each of these other styles. I have a feeling that I bought too much and I'll only end up using the Stardust.

Ostinato's comment is very reassuring and now makes me regret buying as much as I did ... oh well, live and learn I suppose.

adambean

Jan 12, 2012
Ohio
haha indeed I am ... I sit in my local shop for hours at a time sometimes asking questions, playing and being indecisive; however their selection is vastly inferior to what we have available online.

Yeah, I would have; however it does seem that the Stardust is the way to go and I probably shouldn't have gotten all the other styles? Inevitably each of these is simply a different carto style correct?

I wonder If I can cancel my order ... they don't allow you to do so online, hrmmm...

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Della Cirque, do those box mods use a special kind of atty? Can you elaborate a bit more on how they feed the juice? Seems like they would get gurgly.

Thanks,
A Newb
Almost any 510 or 306 atty or carto will work. There are a couple of hybrid attys to avoid. I prefer the 306 now because it took the guess work out of the equation. With a glass pyrex tip I can see a little layer of juice that floats on the top of the atty...no more dry hits or flooding.
To feed the atty you squonk (mash on) the bottle through a hole in the door. Pull on the atty as you squonk and stop squonking as soon as you hear a gurgle or feel resistance. You now have a wet atty good for 4-6 draws. Easy as pie once you get the hang of it.

murrajes

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Austin
Hey all,

Still kind of new to the PV world. I believe I've tried all the basic methods (carto/drip/tank) to date, I definitely prefer the dripping. I have an eGo and now I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a better/easier way to use the drip concept. I believe what I do is the standard by simply using a LR 501 atomizer and this allows me to drop a few drops at a time which seems to last for a decent amount of time. Is there anything that replaces the drip that allows for a larger reservoir so that I don't have to always add juice so frequently?

Based on some brief reading, is the eGo Stardust what I'm looking for? GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust 1.4ml Top Coil Carto 2.5-2.7 ohm [gv-visionstardust-2.5] - $7.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more or is there something better out there?

Thanks

I use mine exactly the way you do. I find it theraputic. If I'd be taking it on a really long drive with no stop signs, I might plug on a carto but I know I would have less taste, have to top it off almost just as often and be generally frustrated with it. For those times when I don't have the luxury to drip as I please, I take along my trusty 510 w/carto and call it a day. Not as much fun, but gets the job done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread