better cartos for KR808

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateS

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not a smoker or vape guy myself, but I've bought friends some KR808 devices (from Halo). They wouldn't go out and buy an ecig on their own, but I'd like that they are alive so I'm trying to help a little. They are doing ok with it, one friend has switched to ecigs about 95%.

I wanted to get them some better cartos or a tank of some sort, so I got a few Nanos. One didn't hit very well out of the box, just very little vapor. One works fine. Another worked fine for 4 days then started leaking out of the battery, no amount of fiddling with the seal, battery post, etc seems to help. So, I'm not impressed with the Nano.

I've read about something called the CE3, but there seems to be lots of products with CE3 in the name. Various reviews seem to indicate some of them are not very good. I'm not a big fan of the syringe either, as it just complicates things.

Remember this isn't for your average e-cigarette-forum user, who probably has a Provari and wouldn't mind a syringe or could deal with leaking Nanos (though I don't think they are fixable). I need an easy to use KR808 carto/tank for my friends. :) Any suggstions?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
For straight 808 cartomizers, Smokeless Image or Kanger - both have excellent bottom coil 808 cartomizers. I've used both.
Smokeless Image sell them on their site. Some vendors carry the Kanger ones.
Ce3s need to be filled with a syringe and are fiddly.
For tanks - there are supposed to be some 808 T3s coming soon - the T3s are geting good reviews.
An 808-510 adapter costs about $2.50 from most vendors, and with that they could use a mini vivi nova. Just make sure it's a Vision mini vivi nova.

ETA: some vendors sell LR (low resistance) 808 cartomizers. Avoid with Halo. They'll drain the battery too fast.

Last edited:

NateS

Jun 4, 2009
Thanks for the recommendations. :) I didn't realize there was much of a difference between the regular cartomizers like those I've gotten from Halo. They all look so similar I assumed they were equivalent. I went ahead with the ones from VaporKings because of the great price on 6 packs of 5 and the code. Thanks a lot for that! :) I'll keep SI and the mini nova w/ adapter in mind, but I have a feeling keeping it simple for my friends makes it the most likely they stick with it.

maurice.osborne

Oct 16, 2012
Ottawa
I have SI clearo's myself and really like them. They are a little finicky though. If you're looking for something a little more easy to use with very little chance of leaks, you might want to look into gotvapes ce2's. They wick at the top but seal really well. My issue with those is that the lighter ends of your e-liquid wick up, and you have the heavy sludge that you have to clean out of them if you vape them right to the bottom. CE3's I like because for the most part, you really avoid that. In the SI style that I have, a syringe is needed to fill them though. It's pretty easy to do, but the CE2's you can take the o-ring out and drip down the side of the tank. Really simple.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
I haven't tried the Halo cartos, but I'll add another vote for SI or Kanger cartos. Both are bottom coil, so they don't burn filler unless they're bone dry. Couldn't be simpler, and I've used the SI cartos I have for a few weeks and they're as good as the day I got them.

If the Nano you got was leaking that bad, most likely either one of the top seals wasn't seated right or the air tube was loose. They also like to leak if they're completely dry when you fill them, either brand new or dried after cleaning. They really just need a fill or 2 to break in, I have 6 and haven't had any problems with any of them that didn't go away after some use

NateS

Jun 4, 2009
I dorked with the leaking Nano for quite some time. Sucking on it gently made gurgling noises. I got vapor, but maybe 25% of what it should be. If I sucked too hard I'd get juice in my mouth. Multiple times I took off the lid, cleaned out the air tube, cleaned off the battery, inspected the o-rings, put the lid on securely, adjusted the battery contact post on the Nano... but the same thing would happen. Other Nanos work fine, I just don't know what was going on with this one.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yeah...tried nanos...great when they work...but they are sporadic. I have also tried ce3s...great when they work. (notice a pattern?) But for a new guy, the needle thing can be a little daunting...for an old guy as well. I too want works every time stick in your pocket and go simplicity...so I use SI cartos almost exclusively but have just ordered Kanger cartos from Health Cabin because Smokeless Image has been out of stock for awhile. I'm told they are the same.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
Today I took apart an 808 carto from vapor4life and one from Halo. The vapor4life carto had a wire leading to the coil in the center of the fuzz. The Halo carto had a coil on the bottom, nearest the mouthpiece. I think maybe the Halo carto is the same as the Kanger and SI?

It may be the same, same style at least. I'm pretty sure that the SI cartos are actually Kangers too. Regardless, bottom coil seems more common with 808 stuff (which is great for me, I prefer it)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
If you want to save more money in the future,,,,,,,Revolution Vapor sells a pack of 20 blanks for 20 bucks,,,,,,buy two packs and the shipping is free,,,,,,and they usually have coupon codes to save 10% online too,,,,,,I love them, and use them all the time. They ship within a few hours of placing an order too.

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
Good point on the 2 ohm. Out of stock tho, I'll give them a try when they are back. :) Halo claims the LR cartos they sell are 2.1-2.3 ohm, maybe 2 ohm would be fine.

Worth trying, but just be mindful. I know SI specifically says it's not a good idea to use 1.8-2 ohms on their mini batteries, which are basically the same as Halo (same voltage). A few tenths of an ohm can be a big difference in terms of what a small battery can handle.

EDIT: If memory serves it's because a 1.8-2 ohm carto pushes the current over 2 amps on a 3.7v battery, and the minis can't handle that. The 2.1-2.3 would only be around 1.6 amp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread