Status
Not open for further replies.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
8/14 I am SO glad it's Friday! Sitting at work at my desk vaping away. I'm so glad I got my boss to switch from smoking to vaping so I don't have to stealth vape anymore! Got vape mail from FT last night, but the FT order that was shipped just one day later than that one is still sitting in China. :(

Reactions: redrebel821

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
8/14
Utu I am glad you got to enjoy them........it was cloudy most of the time here so nothing to see.......
No vapemial for me today.....unless I get an unexpected package (well sort of expected, but not sure when) so I guess that means it's time to order some more...........

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
(not an entry)

8/14

Ditto. Did you get to see lots of meteor again last night? Too much high cirrus here to see anything (and, of course, perfectly clear today to let in all the heat). Sigh.

I saw maybe a dozen or so, not sure how long I was out there. I think there were really only two that made me go "whoa" and all the others were little ones. Still, any night looking at the stars with a chance at getting a glimpse of a meteor is a good night in my eyes. ;) :cool:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/14
any night looking at the stars with a chance at getting a glimpse of a meteor is a good night in my eyes
Both Lannie and I used to be astronomers at Pine Mountain Observatory (every summer) in Central Oregon. She ran the 15" and/or 24" telescopes and I gave the lectures to the tourists and assisted the other guides afterwards, with numerous questions on the deck where other members had set up their personal, smaller, 'scopes. We have several telescopes of our own, but since becoming "farmers," we have not had the stamina to chase livestock all day, then stay up until Oh-dark-thirty watching the stars at night. That is such a shame because we have such perfectly clear skies here - no pollution whatsoever - no light pollution either (very dark skies). Oh, to be able to turn back the clock...

Reactions: redrebel821

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
8/14

Both Lannie and I used to be astronomers at Pine Mountain Observatory (every summer) in Central Oregon. She ran the 15" and/or 24" telescopes and I gave the lectures to the tourists and assisted the other guides afterwards, with numerous questions on the deck where other members had set up their personal, smaller, 'scopes. We have several telescopes of our own, but since becoming "farmers," we have not had the stamina to chase livestock all day, then stay up until Oh-dark-thirty watching the stars at night. That is such a shame because we have such perfectly clear skies here - no pollution whatsoever - no light pollution either (very dark skies). Oh, to be able to turn back the clock...
I dont live to far from greenbank fuzzy, while its not the same as what you were using, its still freaking cool

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/14
I dont live to far from greenbank fuzzy, while its not the same as what you were using, its still freaking cool
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank, West Virginia, is indeed freaking cool! I'd love to get myself in there for some truly deep space stuff (e.g., quasars). I'm only well-versed in optical astronomy and radio-telescopes are a whole other world. But if I lived close by, I'd be bugging them with some regularity. I also love that the area around them for many miles is radio-frequency free (i.e., no air broadcasts allowed, no cell phone towers). This makes it a great place for those with EMR sensitivities to live without pain.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
8/15
The weekend is here finally
Just popping in between chores... I remember when I used to have a Monday-to-Friday job... ages ago... now, as a "farmer," there is no such thing as weekends. This place keeps us working seven days a week. Haven't even heard the word vacation in over 11 years... Time off? HA! Anyway, glad the rest of you get to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread