Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It has a few minor dents in the bottom that I will only see if I look for them.
Sheesh! How the heck does someone dent a titanium mod? Minor scratches, I can understand, but dents? :confused:

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Sheesh! How the heck does someone dent a titanium mod? Minor scratches, I can understand, but dents? :confused:
titanium.jpg

Actually I need to ask him..just out of curiosity...maybe he was using it as a weapon or something like that

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Actually I need to ask him..just out of curiosity...maybe he was using it as a weapon or something like that
OK, that looks like a drop onto a rough concrete or gravel surface to me.

BTW, those are not real dents. This is an actual dent:

BN6R28c.jpg

But of course copper is pretty dang soft. :)

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I was'n gonna say it! :blush:

But I was thinkin' it! :D
Heck I've been saying it to myself for quite some time :oops:

But...I understand that the CC is one of these mods that you can't have just one of...it comes in collections..I hear at least in triplets :D

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
OK, that looks like a drop onto a rough concrete or gravel surface to me.

BTW, those are not real dents. This is an actual dent:

BN6R28c.jpg

But of course copper is pretty dang soft. :)

well..it does add character I have to say ..but this is a major dent in my books

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
well..it does add character I have to say ..but this is a major dent in my books
I was debating talking a ball-peen hammer to it and going for a hammered finish after that happened. But it really doesn't show much unless it catch the light on it like I did there.

Same mod, more recently, after a good cleaning:

NqwAsm9.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I was debating talking a ball-peen hammer to it and going for a hammered finish after that happened. But it really doesn't show much unless it catch the light on it like I did there.

Same mod, more recently, after a good cleaning:

NqwAsm9.jpg

I'd keep it as is really. Doesn't look that bad to be honest...and with the cleaning job it doesn't show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
Hey guys and gals..just to say that I recently became a proud owner of a Ti CC (V1 squonk hole, new 510, silver -ve contact) which I got from the classies on one of the FB groups. It should take o/a 2-3 weeks to land in Cairo..but I am too excited to wait, that I had to talk to somebody :thumbs:

Hey Tamer,
I'm actually shocked that you don't already have a CC. Ti is a good place to start. Wish I had the cash for one. The wife would kill me if I sold one of the kids to get one. My used SS will have to do for now. Oh, how I dream of having a Ti though.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Why doesn't anyone put out an 18650 with silver plated contacts??? :?:
'Cause most "normal" applications for these cells have conductors spot-welded to the contacts?

And no "normal" application for them uses the battery's contact as half of a mechanical make/break circuit connection?

What we do is Abby.

Abby Normal.

images2.jpeg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
How about a thin silver "poker chip" for on top of the battery, to get the make-break action away from the battery's terminal? It would need an insulating ring around the silver, of course, to keep it centered on the positive terminal.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
How about a thin silver "poker chip" for on top of the battery, to get the make-break action away from the battery's terminal? It would need an insulating ring around the silver, of course, to keep it centered on the positive terminal.

CCV and CCII

:thumbs:

the puck bit

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Thing is, I don't have much will. Given my tootle-puffing ways (0.5 - 0.75Ω), hitting all the contacts (including the battery's) with a bit of Simichrome on a Q-tip every once in a while keeps 'em working just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread