Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
a couple of more pics of my soon to arrive Custom Classic Titanium (soon is a relative term, used here to denote a period of two weeks :()
titanium 2.jpg
tit4.jpg

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
a couple of more pics of my soon to arrive Custom Classic Titanium (soon is a relative term, used here to denote a period of two weeks :() View attachment 677119 View attachment 677121
Awesome score Tamer! :w00t:

Nice and clean and well kept by the looks. I really appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail even for a metal that's hard to carve.

I'm jealous, and broken hearted that I'm going to have to be jealous a while longer.

I located my kids and 8 of my grandkids but just as I was getting ready to round up the funds... my 6yr old mainframe dies on me. o_O :blink: :facepalm:

My taste in PC's isn't cheap (I fix them for a living) so it will cost me about the equivalent of 2 Custom Classics.

Crap! And just when I had discovered titanium once again. I'm so sad. This was so difficult to report.

Hopefully they'll still be here when I'm ready again. (Luck?)

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Does Titanium only come in one style?

My favorite performance and shape is currently the triangular series dually. (Nutter/GigaPUNCH) shaped dually. And are those parallel or series, or choice?

Are the dual battery mods currently aluminum only? Of course 7068 is no slouch either.

Would love a dually in Titanium?

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
The 3 new styles are all done in 7068 aluminum. I currently have several of each already machined. In order to do more in titanium, I'd have to have 25 of them done.
Huge investment. Wouldn't be prudent. At least, not at this juncture. I'm currently upside down, as far as investment/inventory goes. :oops:

Dodged the tornado last night, though...

Which is nice... :)

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
The 3 new styles are all done in 7068 aluminum. I currently have several of each already machined. In order to do more in titanium, I'd have to have 25 of them done.
Huge investment. Wouldn't be prudent. At least, not at this juncture. I'm currently upside down, as far as investment/inventory goes. :oops:

Dodged the tornado last night, though...

Which is nice... :)
Ahh, lemme guess, you get the holes EDM drilled by volume to (hopefully) save on cost?

The 7068 does sound plenty exotic enough though, and a bit lighter. I got a good price for my grandkids (the first batch well... LOL, not so much)
I really have been a big fan of your work from the beginning. I might have enough $ left over after the dust settles.

My collection just wouldn't seem complete without a "Custom Classic". :D

So glad you dodged the tornado. One of my in-laws is in Louisiana and says all they're getting is rain so far this year.

phirt

Jul 5, 2017
Aus
So i think i've read about this before, or i'm just going insane in australia land

Is it possible the mod is arcing to my hand?

I do feel little vibrations almost.. very rarely.. in my hands while holding it.
And random little black marks show up that really look like arcing!

I just had my pinky just like.. hovering over the bottom. not quite touching. got a vibration, theres a mark there!

Someone tell me i'm not insane! :lol:

Reactions: X-Puppy

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
The electrons wanna flow from the - to the + of the battery. The aluminum is much more conductive than you are. It doesn't make sense for it to arc to you.
7075 and 7068 do have a higher zinc content than say, 6061. This does make them more likely to get black spots with some folks. Especially if in contact with acidic juice or acidic body chemistry.

As for the vibration???

Yeah......ya might be goin' a little crazy... :unsure:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
All good, buddy. :)

I found out today that the shop across from ours had the roof torn off from the 'nader. :eek:

It looks like it dropped down, took his roof, then skipped a bit, then came down for realz and wiped out some businesses. :(

We just had some roof flashing that was pealed up around the edges of the building, but we got it taken care of pretty quickly. A lot of rooftop ac units got blown off their curbs in the area. Crazy stuff...

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
All good, buddy. :)

I found out today that the shop across from ours had the roof torn off from the 'nader. :eek:

It looks like it dropped down, took his roof, then skipped a bit, then came down for realz and wiped out some businesses. :(

We just had some roof flashing that was pealed up around the edges of the building, but we got it taken care of pretty quickly. A lot of rooftop ac units got blown off their curbs in the area. Crazy stuff...

I'm sure glad for just the flashings !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread