Big RDA thread. 27mm or bigger. Whatcha got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've recently got into some big RDAs and I'm loving them. What do you have and what are your thoughts? Any planned purchases?
My first was a Vicious Ant Goliath 30mm. In my opinion it was a dangerous piece of garbage. I originally bought 2 of them and they were both the same. The top caps had to be modified or they would hit the grub screws with the coils installed. It has non adjustable airflow that is horrible. Please don't waste your money. My 2nd is the Vapergate Mason Gemini 2 30mm. This thing is awesome. It is a work of art. It has a velocity style build deck that is huge and it has excelkent airflow. It's worth every penny. 3rd is the Armageddon Elite gen 2 28.5mm. I love this rda. It is goegeous and the airflow is wide open. It uses the Apocalypse clamp style build deck that is a dream to build on. The only con is that it has a proprietary drip tip that is huge and no drip tip adapter. 4th is the Timesvape Mask 30mm. I just got this today and I'm enjoying it so far. It has bottom airflow that is wide open but my suprise was the build deck. It's like the Goon and the Twisted Messes had a love child. You can either use the clamps on top or the holes in the posts underneath or any combination there of. Super easy to build on and great flavor for a 30mm rda. I have a Twisted Messes 30mm and a Sherman 28mm on order. Those both also look very promising.

I haven't found a bf pin for the Mason yet. The Elite used a bf pin from a Goo LP. The Mask came with a bf pin.

Last edited:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So I have the 27mm Mason Advocate and that started my love for the Mason line. I have a 30mm dumptank and can't stand it cause it leaks and I've tried everything I could think of with wicking and nothing helps. Then I got the 41mm Voltrove and that's my only tank I run and absolutely love it. Great flavor for such a large RTA and great AF. I also have 2 40mm Mason RDA's and love them. Massive AF and build deck, so big I'm able to put dual aliens wrapped 9 times on a 6mm ID. Got to use so much cotton on it you don't want to rewick it every 2-3 days like I usually rewick the 27mm Mason. I also have a 30mm Twisted Messes clone on the way. Can't wait to try it. I'm looking for a big. Dushanbe or Temple right now and can't find a clone to save my life. Looking to get an Armageddon Elite clone when FT or 3FVapes get them in stock. If anybody knows a place that has them or the Buddha or Temple clones in stock let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don29palms

Cavalier

Jul 14, 2016
Got to disagree about the Goliath. There are reigstering pins that prevent you from fully closing the top down, unless it's correctly rotated. Provided you tighten the screws correctly, and put the top down properly, you won't get a short. As to the airflow, as long as you build 8 coils for it, it works fine. If you're building with very thick wire, you might have a problem getting the screws in enough, but there's really no need. I have mine set up as octo-coil with 0.28mm wire; ramp up time is practically instant, provides huge amounts of dense, cool vapour. No burnt juice or wicks.
I also have a Plume Veil (28.5mm) in copper, which is a fairly standard 4 post, seems natural for quad coils.
Castor (30mm) - superb flavour, you can also get away with low power builds due to the domed top cap.
Buddha (28.5mm) - feels cheap, all plastic drip tip, 1mm thick metal, would not recommend.
Zenith (28.5mm) - awful 5 post deck, limited airflow.

I would love to get a 32.5 Euuphrat, but I can't find one anywhere.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Got to disagree about the Goliath. There are reigstering pins that prevent you from fully closing the top down, unless it's correctly rotated. Provided you tighten the screws correctly, and put the top down properly, you won't get a short. As to the airflow, as long as you build 8 coils for it, it works fine. If you're building with very thick wire, you might have a problem getting the screws in enough, but there's really no need. I have mine set up as octo-coil with 0.28mm wire; ramp up time is practically instant, provides huge amounts of dense, cool vapour. No burnt juice or wicks.
I also have a Plume Veil (28.5mm) in copper, which is a fairly standard 4 post, seems natural for quad coils.
Castor (30mm) - superb flavour, you can also get away with low power builds due to the domed top cap.
Buddha (28.5mm) - feels cheap, all plastic drip tip, 1mm thick metal, would not recommend.
Zenith (28.5mm) - awful 5 post deck, limited airflow.

I would love to get a 32.5 Euuphrat, but I can't find one anywhere.
I drilled out the slots on my Goliath and now the airflow is great! Problem now is I popped the head off of one of the Phillips head screws. Does anyone know where I can get more screws? I tries the dozens of screws I have for other RDA/RTA/RDTA but they are all too large.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have no RDA's bigger than 25mm (just a 30mm RDTA).
IM-2.jpg

Last edited:

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I have 2 Mason 40mm RDA’s (which are ok but more of a novelty item than an everyday carry), a 30mm Modfather RDA with a glass top for around the house and the regular cap and barrel when away from home (which is my go to RDA), a 30mm Modfather RTA, a 40mm Titan (wish I wouldn’t have wasted my money), a 41mm Voltrove V1 and a V2 RTA. By far the V2 is the best RTA I’ve used by far. I wasn’t a tank guy until I got the V1 and then the V2 came out. It’s my everyday carry now on my N1 lipo mod. Taste like an RDA with the capacity of a tank. (I know it’s a RDA thread but had to throw those in there for good measure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread