Billow V3 plus leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
I have the same problem with the Billow V3 Plus. Mine is also leaking from the gap above the AFC ring, and sometimes the leaking is substantial. It has leaked several times all over my sigelei 213. My wicking is good, and I also do not get any gurgling. Please let me know what you find out. I will be contacting ecigitty as well.

hey vespid....how do you like your 213? I bought one too, but it doesn't seem as good as my cuboid or evic VTC mini. both of those devices I use 316SS and set the temp to 400F and get perfect vapes. with the 213 at the same temp its so weak. I have to turn it upto 450F and its still not as smooth and consistent as the joytech stuff. once in a while I get nothing when I press the fire button and have to repress it too, it seems to missfire on occasion. damn thing cost over twice as much as the cuboid but is not as good. the 213 sure looks pretty thou.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I went down to eciggity today, they are local to me and showed them my tank. they said that there was a problem in manufacturing of the batch of tanks. The oring is definitely the problem and they have placed an order for new replacement orings but have not received it yet. They have been getting a few complaints and know about the issue. the oring is too small for the bottom section. They will call me when it comes in. I'll let everyone know when it is available.

Did they say what size works? As in millimeters?

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
This is what they gave me. The original oring is on the left and the new one on the right.

as you can see it is thicker then the original and much smaller in diameter. I tried stretching it on but I couldn't get the tank section to fully tighten down all the way the oring was too fat. I then thought maybe it goes on the upper ledge that is just above the threaded section, this would seal it at the air chamber and it fit perfect. its now a little snug when I screw it down but it will go all the way.

I don't know if this is the correct place for it but I'll give it a try and see if it stops leaking. Now the flow control is tighter to adjust but it seems to be screwed down all the way and doesn't seem to affect anything. I'll report back in a day or so if it solved the leaking.

Reactions: Jason Lewis

vespid

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
TN
hey vespid....how do you like your 213? I bought one too, but it doesn't seem as good as my cuboid or evic VTC mini. both of those devices I use 316SS and set the temp to 400F and get perfect vapes. with the 213 at the same temp its so weak. I have to turn it upto 450F and its still not as smooth and consistent as the joytech stuff. once in a while I get nothing when I press the fire button and have to repress it too, it seems to missfire on occasion. damn thing cost over twice as much as the cuboid but is not as good. the 213 sure looks pretty thou.

Hey DHCrocks,
Sorry, I missed your question...

I really like my 213. It is the smallest dual 18650 mod that I have seen. It is quite light considering, yet it is very well built and a quality piece. It looks awesome, and it preforms adequately. I say adequately, because I do think it could use some improvements in the TC pre-heat department. This can be overcome with some fiddling. Other than that it rocks!

I also use 316L SS for TC. I have found that the key to getting a good TC vape with this mod is adjusting the pre-heat setting and the temp setting. I manipulate these each time I change the coil. The settings I use for 24/28 SS clapton coils aren't the same as I like for a regular 3.0mm ID 24 or 26 SS coil. I usually keep the temp between 400-440°F. But, in my opinion, the pre-heat adjustment is the most important.

Note: I have heard several people in reviews say that the temp setting overrides the pre-heat setting. In my testing, this is not true. So, say you set the temp to something very low like 300°F and set the pre-heat to something relatively high like 80W @ 9 seconds. In theory, the temp setting should kick in almost immediately, override the pre-heat setting, and prevent getting a dry hit or burning out your coil. In reality, I have found that the temp setting does not kick in until after the pre-heat setting has finished. This is, of course, very very bad! So, you have to be careful with the pre-heat setting. You want to get it set to where it will reach your temp limit setting, but not to where it will radically exceed it.

I used a Yihi SXMini M Class for a year or more prior to getting the 213. In my opinion, the SXMini was leaps and bounds better in TC than the 213. I have never used a cuboid or evic VTC mini, but I would describe the SXMini in a similar fashion... you basically set the temp and get a perfect vape, the pre-heat is handled for you and it works beautifully.

Another thing to mention is that I have found the TFR setting to be sometimes better (for me) than the SS setting. I use the TFR values found at steam-engine.org.

Then we have the whole firmware update debacle. Reviewers and vape shops list the 213 as being firmware upgradeable. However, there is no indication of this from Sigelei themselves. It would be great if Sigelei could improve the TC pre-heat feature with a firmware update. However, I have no idea if that is even a possibility.

vespid

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
TN
I don't know if this is the correct place for it but I'll give it a try and see if it stops leaking. Now the flow control is tighter to adjust but it seems to be screwed down all the way and doesn't seem to affect anything. I'll report back in a day or so if it solved the leaking.

Have you had any further leaks with this new o-ring in that position? Do you think the leaking issue has been solved?
I have contacted eciggity and they are mailing me the updated o-rings.

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
update, the oring placement I showed earlier did not work I still got leaking, not as often but still occasionally it leaked. maybe once or twice a tank full. I have since changed the position of the new oring. I put it in the stock lower position to replace the original oring. Tank no long sits flush with the air flow section as can be seen in this pic.

if you look closely you can see the juice flow is slightly offset since the tank will no longer screw all the way down. Good news is so far 3 tanks and not a single leak. Because the tank is no longer touching the airflow ring the air flow ring is now more loose and can be easily taken off your setting by mistake.

kostarica

Jun 15, 2016
update, the oring placement I showed earlier did not work I still got leaking, not as often but still occasionally it leaked. maybe once or twice a tank full. I have since changed the position of the new oring. I put it in the stock lower position to replace the original oring. Tank no long sits flush with the air flow section as can be seen in this pic.

if you look closely you can see the juice flow is slightly offset since the tank will no longer screw all the way down. Good news is so far 3 tanks and not a single leak. Because the tank is no longer touching the airflow ring the air flow ring is now more loose and can be easily taken off your setting by mistake.
Hey there Just got my Billow 3 Plus and there were couple extra o ring in addition to box... was curious what it was for and just set it aside. Tank got leaks just as described in thread ... then I realized what these rings were for. I've changed them and it doesnt screw in fully like on photo. Now I cant decide what is more irritating the leak or not being able to screw it down fully :( p.s. please update your situation

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My v3 plus I got from efun last month has no issues. Put it together the other day with some clapton off a spool I bought but the ohms were 0.65 or so. Just re-wired it with some pre-coiled hive wires (look simply like heavy gauge quad twisted TBH) today that come in around 0.12 ohm (lowest ohm build I have done so far) and wicked it again with some rayon and no leaking issues yet. I put just a small tail down the juice well/hole like I saw on youtube. I didn't pay attention to the installed or spare o ring sizes but mine definitely does not have that type of gap like in the images above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread