• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Birmingham Vape Meet, Memorial day weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len Warren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
springville al
We are leaving on saturday the 26th early as we want to. God willing. I don't drink either. Susan will enjoy some Margaritas with ya thought. I need to let her know. Fox man called me yesterday around 5:00pm. Something else my job doesnt want anyone to take vacation on holiday weekends. I dont really care God willing I will Saturday morning. P.C. beach Florida. It
a family tradition. 9 years and counting some times 3 times a year!

BamaGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Gadsden, Alabama
I'd really like to go, if I can pitch in on gas and carpool with someone comfortable driving in B'ham.. which I am NOT! Is it a drive down and back thing, or do we stay overnight and need to reserve a room? Someone give me some idea of what the past ones have been like.. are there vendors/DIY'ers selling stuff, or is it vapers meeting vapers with no sales? Ooooo.. this sounds like so much fun either way! I rarely drink, but might have one if we have DD service. :w00t:
Anyone game for the carpool thing? I could get from me to you, I'm just not used to B'ham driving. Can you tell I live out in the boonies?? LOL

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
this one is probably gonna be small BamaGirl. It'll just be a group of us getting together for a couple of hours. We'll probably bring flavors to share, but nothing formal. I'd most likely plan on driving down and back. If you really wanted to rent a room there are a couple of nearby hotels- but i don't expect it to go very late .

The guys from vulcan vape have sponsored the previous vape meets, and have had a table there, but they're out of town for this one.

Are there any other gadsden vapers, or a friend that would come along with you?

BamaGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Gadsden, Alabama
this one is probably gonna be small BamaGirl. It'll just be a group of us getting together for a couple of hours. We'll probably bring flavors to share, but nothing formal. I'd most likely plan on driving down and back. If you really wanted to rent a room there are a couple of nearby hotels- but i don't expect it to go very late .

The guys from vulcan vape have sponsored the previous vape meets, and have had a table there, but they're out of town for this one.

Are there any other gadsden vapers, or a friend that would come along with you?

I don't know any local vapers but me, CES. I set-up my dad on them for a while but he's too old (83) and he gave up.. said it was too much for his nerves to handle (go figure). Maybe I could find someone to do the B'ham drive, because I'd sure love to meet all of my local vaper buds! I'll keep you posted for sure! A small gathering is fine, as I have an aunt I could stay overnight with if it ran late, or just drive back, as long as I don't have to drive downtown B'ham I'd be fine. :)

Last edited:

BamaGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2012
Gadsden, Alabama
If you're driving from Gadsden you wouldn't necessarily have to go through downtown. You could take 59 (20/59), exit at the airport and take airport blvd to 41st st, turn left, (across the railroad tracks) and go to 5th Ave S. Parkside is just off the corner of 41st and 5th.

I know the airport is easy from this side. I might try and make it myself. I was thinking it would be on the far side of B'ham... just my luck, but this one turned out in my favor.
ok, question!! I've only heard of one wife spoken of so far (but maybe I should read all the posts before asking). Are there other gals that attend? Maybe some of your girlfriends, or just other vapors? Do I need to try and find a bus load of gals to come with me? I remember seeing the pics of the last meet and I think I only saw one gal, but that might not have been everyone there, or just y'alls bunch of friends. Not that I'd have any problem meeting up with you guys.. it would just be nice to meet some gal pal vapers too! :toast:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I know the airport is easy from this side. I might try and make it myself. I was thinking it would be on the far side of B'ham... just my luck, but this one turned out in my favor.
ok, question!! I've only heard of one wife spoken of so far (but maybe I should read all the posts before asking). Are there other gals that attend? Maybe some of your girlfriends, or just other vapors? Do I need to try and find a bus load of gals to come with me? I remember seeing the pics of the last meet and I think I only saw one gal, but that might not have been everyone there, or just y'alls bunch of friends. Not that I'd have any problem meeting up with you guys.. it would just be nice to meet some gal pal vapers too! :toast:

I'm a gal Bama :) i sometimes bring a friend too.

(It's not quite the same as meeting in person, but you can stop by the women's room subforum here on ECF too. just follow the link in my signature.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread