Bit of advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubass

Jun 28, 2015
Scotland
Hi. I started vaping last June and immediately stopped smoking. I started on 18mg and it was a bit harsh, but I got through it. I was using an evod style device. I dropped the nic down to 12/6 quite easily. Then my mate got me into sub ohming. I'm on 3mg but go through 10mls a day easy. I never intended for my use to increase but it has. Anyway, I decided to be a bit more mindful in the past few days and have only probably used 10mls in 72 hours. But I feel terrible. Just like I did when I first switched. I'm keen to be free of nicotine but I think sub ohming has knocked me back a bit. So, I'm thinking of going back to my old evod. So my question is, would the path to nic free be easier on the old device or is this common no matter what? I'm spending far too much on juice and I'm a bit angry at myself tbh!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Do you want to be nic free, or slow /stop vaping ?

Were YOU content with your previous set up?

Do you enjoy the sub-ohm set up?

If your goal is to just cut down on the nic, here's an idea that popped into my head, load up your old set-up with your most recent nic level you were at with it, and use that just to get your nic. Load up your sub-ohm set up with 0nic juice and use that for enjoyment.

Best of luck to you sorting this out.

stubass

Jun 28, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for your reply. Vaping began as a means to an end. But it was enjoyable at the same time. Sub ohming was even more enjoyable, but lately I've regained sight of why I started. This has taken away the enjoyment to an extent. I want to stop but at my current intake, it would be as bad as switching was. I reckon I'll go back to 6 on my old evod and see how I fare.

Reactions: Foggy Road

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
You do realize you don't HAVE to put a sub-ohm coil in the sub-ohm atomizer. What atty and device are you using?

The process is easiest if you do the change slowly. Going from a EVOD to anything Sub-ohm. Is like going from flying a paper airplane the first time one day to flying a jet the next. I might suggest going from the EVOD to something like a Nautilus. You will probably use a little more juice than the EVOD, but not a lot more. You just need to take smaller steps.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Thanks for your reply. Vaping began as a means to an end. But it was enjoyable at the same time. Sub ohming was even more enjoyable, but lately I've regained sight of why I started. This has taken away the enjoyment to an extent. I want to stop but at my current intake, it would be as bad as switching was. I reckon I'll go back to 6 on my old evod and see how I fare.
Well, you alone can determine what makes you comfortable and happy. You have both set ups available to you, so the advice given by Haunted might also be a plan. We are all on the same journey away from smokes, but there are many paths to choose from. Best of luck to you in finding that happy place.

Reactions: MMW

stubass

Jun 28, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for the replies. I'm using a subtank nano. I mainly use the 0.5 coils but have used the 1.2's also. The thing I'm kicking myself about is that I was getting on fine with the evod. Cravings had gone, the steps down were easy enough. I just got carried away. 3 months on the subtank and I feel like I need to vape like I needed to smoke. At least I didn't go back to the smokes I suppose. Found a coil for the evod so sitting puffing away on some 6. It's quite nice actually.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Well, there's nothing to be ashamed about using an EVOD, I'm still using them after six years! I've dabbled with rebuildables and even go sub-ohm on occasion, but the EVOD is still one of my go-to devices. Though, I build my own coils and enbiggen the air holes in the base. I've gone down to 0 nic for awhile but came back to 2-3mg for a bit of throat hit and the supposed medical benefits of low-dose nicotine.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It's entirely up to you. Whatever works to keep you off the sticks is what you should do. There's nothing wrong with high ohm, low watt, high nic vaping if it works for you. I will say, however, the cure for juice prices is DIY.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Love your avi.

Baby steps works best in vaping, to include nic and equipment. My journey started at 36 on a ego, after about 8 months it went to 25 on a fogger, then it went to 20 on a .8-.5 rda, and now, after almost 2 years I`m stepping down to 18 on super sub ohm (.25) RDA. If this still sounds to high, keep in mind I MTL and don`t direct inhale at all.

BOL.

Reactions: stubass

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I don't really subohm in the cloud seeking sort of way. I do use .75 ohm coils and 1.0 ohm coils on subohm style tanks...but at low watts. However, I also use evod/protank type devices daily as well. So you can mix and match your devices...at least I can.

If you are worried about the expense of store bought juice, you might consider some cheaper diy liquid (or very cheap unflavored) for part of the day, and save the good stuff for that special time of the day...whatever time that might be for you.

If money is not the object, then why sweat it? Subohm devices inherently use more liquid. 10 mil per day might be a bit more than average, but it's certainly not ridiculous.

Reactions: Belhade

stubass

Jun 28, 2015
Scotland
Thanks for all your advice. I did feel terrible yesterday, but abstained as much as possible and today I feel better. I've been on my favourite flavour on the evod today, 3mg and just a puff here and there. It would seem the withdrawal from nic from vaping is considerably easier than the stinkies. I'll probably continue on the evod for now and maybe get some zero for the subtank. I am keen to be free of addiction, and I'm close. Closer than I thought anyway.

brummyjon

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham, England
Sub ohming is a choice. Though to see so many reviewers on You Tube producing ever more elaborate clouds you wouldn't know it.

There is always a balance to be achieved between discretion and ostentation, between flavour and vapour production, between getting enough nic, and getting too much. Affordability also comes into play, as does the size of your set up, how often you want to change your batteries, etc etc.

I am comfortable vaping in the 0.6 - 1.2 ohm range. Nothing magical changes when you go from 0.99 to 1.01 ohms. If you use rebuildable toppers, you have more flexibility over your set up, and you can buy loads of different wire for the cost of a couple of coils. So it's not so bad if you have to throw a build out if it doesn't work for you.

Reactions: ENAUD

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
Agree with others here. Especially the part about making your own juice. It's crazy cheap and easy, even with buying all high-end ingredients, I vape 10-12 ml daily for just under 20 cents a day averaged out.

I started vaping to get off the analogs. I smoked for 30 years, and enjoyed it. It was the health risks and a newer lifestyle (biking, hiking, etc..) that made me want to stop. But I liked vaping, and enjoyed it too much. I dropped my nic levels once, and just found myself vaping more juice to make up for it.

A lot of people still ask me when I'm going to quit, and isn't that why I took up vaping (they ask)? Well.. no. I took it up to quit analogs. It's a great and healthier alternative, and I enjoy it. We all need our vices in life, and I'm just fine with vaping the rest of my life. :)

Reactions: brummyjon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread