Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So, I took people's recommendations.

I ordered a couple of extra DSE901 batteries because I was down to my last Mistic battery. They're tiny. There's no way these things are going to last as well as I'd hoped. Whatever…they'll make okay backups and stealth vapes with a carto.

Also, it didn't even cross my mind, but those extra long threads on the Mistic make it so my charger won't work with the new 901 batts. I figured, since I had to order a charger anyway, I might as well just spend ten times as much and get a full Twist setup (some cartos, a tank, a couple attys, adapters to use my current attys on the new battery, chargers, a couple drip tips, some more juice, the thread cover sleeve things, etc.).

It was probably dumb, but…whatever. I only got one battery just in case I end up not liking it as much as I hope; maybe that won't bite me in the .... (I do have the others as backups).

It was actually pbusardo's review of the Provari that lead me to do it. I'm "saving" enough money from not buying cigarettes that I could easily justify the cost of a Provari in another few weeks. I was holding off on the Twist because it seemed like a pointless stop-gap on the way to a Provari when I could just keep using my Mistic + some generic DSE901 stuff 'till I hit that magic "amount saved" number that I'm tracking.

Then I got about half way through his video and saw the one-button + tiny LED UI.

Screw that.

I didn't even finish the video.

No offense to Provari fans, I'm sure the thing is an awesome PV. It's certainly gorgeous and I'm sure it feels as good as everyone says it does…I'm actually ...... off that I won't be able to use it as my "dream" mod. But, I know that for me I'd make it about a day of experimenting with settings, get ...... off, and chuck it at a wall……and be out a lot of money because I'd probably break it in the process and not be able to sell it. It's not a problem with it…not with that many people loving it. I just remember how many times I've chucked my iPhone for similar reasons, and it's way less annoying than that interface seems.

So, here's to hoping that you guys, grimmgreen, pbusardo, and everyone else is right. And that my Mistic + the batts I can't charge will last 'till Monday when the new shipment should get in……I really don't want to go back to stinkies, and with exactly how these mistic batteries fail, it worries me.

If this works, when I get back in the black (compared to the cigarettes I'm avoiding) I might look into another variable/selectable voltage mod……Possibly a rev3 because it's cheap, but I might wait until I can get a Kick. Or a provape-1 if I think I can deal with a single-voltage device (after experimenting with the twist) because it's IMHO just as pretty as the provari but with none of the annoying BS.

At any rate, I'll report back after a day or two of use with the twist.

Last edited:

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
The twist is a nice stop gap variable voltage, and I really liked mine with my ego-c. As soon as I decide if I want a vmod or a reo lol my poor little twist will no longer be used, unless I need a back up for some reason (gonna order either 2 reos or 2 vmods or 1 of each.... damned decisions!). Good luck with your twist and all those other little play toys you purchased. Sit back and enjoy the journey!

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
I'm amazed no one's flaming me for saying that I don't want a provari.

I'd never flame you for that, I have no interest in purchasing the provari as it doesn't provide what I want, bottom feeding. And I don't what to have to purchase something else to have to mod my mod into a bottom feeder.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Stuff came in. Delivered at 2 different times because my mail carrier is a ......

Wow.

Big difference. Even just with a 510-901 adapter and the same atomizers and juice I've been using. Whole new world. The stuff that's kept me happy all day isn't cutting it anymore.

If you're happy with your 901ish cig-style PV, don't buy a Twist or anything else. You won't be able to go back.

I'm going to see how long I can go using the Twist (only bought one because I was afraid the reviews were overblown) as my main PV with my 901s as backups……but I can see in the near future (hopefully next month so I don't completely blow my budget) buying another Twist or 2……or something like a rev3 if it happens to do a power level I like. The little unregulated cig-style things feel ancient.

Now, I just have to go slot a few of my new cartos and decide which juice gets first run in the tank.

And I need to figure out a way to remember which juices go with which cartos/attys. I think that's going to be the hardest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread