Bit the bullet, ditched the Lavatube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuvix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Guelph, Canada
After 8 months of relatively happy vaping on a Lavatube (with one replacement Lambo due to juice-fried circuit board), I finally decided to upgrade to a Provari mini. All I have to say is, damn. Why did I wait this long?

It's great! My otherwise iffy atty's taste amazing again! I really did not think that there was going to be a huge difference between the LT and the Provari. I was dead wrong. Huge difference! The flavour I'm getting is so much better, much smoother. I'm on the fence about how I feel buying the mini. I think at some point I will wish it had a bigger battery (yes, I do know about the extension-cap). At the same time though, I really like the feel of the smaller device. Either way, I'm still pleasantly surprised. I love it! Absolutely love it! :laugh:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I finally decided to upgrade to a Provari mini. All I have to say is, damn. Why did I wait this long?

I'm on the fence about how I feel buying the mini. I think at some point I will wish it had a bigger battery (yes, I do know about the extension-cap). At the same time though, I really like the feel of the smaller device. Either way, I'm still pleasantly surprised. I love it! Absolutely love it!
I knew when I made the decision to get a Provari that I would love it. There's just too many happy owners gushing about it. I still love reading threads like this though. I can still remember first holding it in my hand and admiring its build and workmanship after unwrapping the infamous bubble wrap.

I got the regular Provari with the extension cap (and use it all the time). But there are times when I would like to have a smaller Provari in my hand. If I ever buy another APV ( I have a BB and SB already as backups ), it surely will be a Mini.

View attachment 142156 <--- love this size!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Funny thing about the size, I thought the standard + ext. would be "too big", but it's still smaller than my LT. Switching over was a breeze, love the weight and just the overall solid feel. I have a couple (well one, the others for my wife) more PVs on the way, so can't say it's my favourite, but I can't imagine buying another tube.

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
I decided to take the plunge last Thursday, I ordered the satin blue. (Still waiting for a shipping notification) I am in a constant state of anticipation since pressing the send payment button. Been using a LT until it rolled off my desk at work and the top cap cracked just enough for the top fitting to start coming out.
To go along with the satin blue, I ordered a brand new vivi nova tank (blue) and I have a black and light blue swirled drip tip I am saving for the occasion.
I would like to upgrade to a machined ss tank in the very near future. Any ideas?

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
After 8 months of relatively happy vaping on a Lavatube (with one replacement Lambo due to juice-fried circuit board), I finally decided to upgrade to a Provari mini. All I have to say is, damn. Why did I wait this long?

It's great! My otherwise iffy atty's taste amazing again! I really did not think that there was going to be a huge difference between the LT and the Provari. I was dead wrong. Huge difference! The flavour I'm getting is so much better, much smoother. I'm on the fence about how I feel buying the mini. I think at some point I will wish it had a bigger battery (yes, I do know about the extension-cap). At the same time though, I really like the feel of the smaller device. Either way, I'm still pleasantly surprised. I love it! Absolutely love it! :laugh:

The Provari is really what I want. I keep reading great posts about the Provari, but really didn't want to spend the extra bucks. You guys are edging me closer and closer to making a decision. I need to make my mind up soon because my v2 cig-a-like is just not quite THE THING.

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
I decided to take the plunge last Thursday, I ordered the satin blue. (Still waiting for a shipping notification) I am in a constant state of anticipation since pressing the send payment button. Been using a LT until it rolled off my desk at work and the top cap cracked just enough for the top fitting to start coming out.
To go along with the satin blue, I ordered a brand new vivi nova tank (blue) and I have a black and light blue swirled drip tip I am saving for the occasion.
I would like to upgrade to a machined ss tank in the very near future. Any ideas?

Depends on whether or not you mind rolling ss wicks and recoiling. Genesis style seem to be the next evolution, from what i'm seeing. i'm going to wet my wick (excuse the pun) on a DID clone like the Griffin. I just bought a ProVari the day after you so all i have is a Vivi Nova also. The Genesis type tanks are sold out just about everywhere you look, so clone may be the only thing to try for now.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I knew when I made the decision to get a Provari that I would love it. There's just too many happy owners gushing about it. I still love reading threads like this though. I can still remember first holding it in my hand and admiring its build and workmanship after unwrapping the infamous bubble wrap.

I got the regular Provari with the extension cap (and use it all the time). But there are times when I would like to have a smaller Provari in my hand. If I ever buy another APV ( I have a BB and SB already as backups ), it surely will be a Mini.

View attachment 142156 <--- love this size!

Do you know the difference between the Provari Mini, and the Provape-1? It's the cheapest kit they list.

DirtyPaws

Sep 20, 2012
Minnesota, USA
The Provari is really what I want. I keep reading great posts about the Provari, but really didn't want to spend the extra bucks. You guys are edging me closer and closer to making a decision. I need to make my mind up soon because my v2 cig-a-like is just not quite THE THING.

Wow, I was in the exact same boat. I finally pulled the trigger about 45 minutes ago. About when you were writing this post. I have replaced two cig-a-like's from V2, got them back this weekend, and made the decision to buy the Provari today.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you know the difference between the Provari Mini, and the Provape-1? It's the cheapest kit they list.
The Provape-1 is a basic 3.7v big battery tube mod, built to the same high quality standards that the Provari and Mini Provari are. It take a 14500 battery, the size of a AA battery, which should last the user approximately 8-10 hrs battery life.

It does not utilize variable voltage and it is unregulated, which means as the battery loses it charge, so will the quality of the vape decline. It has a ton of safety features for such a small APV and has a lifetime warranty.

Here is a review from 2 1/2 years ago: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-apv-reviews/85485-provape-1-review-1-month-pictures-galore.html

This is probably the most recent thread concerning the Provape-1:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/326503-provape-e-cigs.html

View attachment 142624 View attachment 142627
size comparison with a Provari, Provape-1, and an ego

Last edited:

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
Depends on whether or not you mind rolling ss wicks and recoiling. Genesis style seem to be the next evolution, from what i'm seeing. i'm going to wet my wick (excuse the pun) on a DID clone like the Griffin. I just bought a ProVari the day after you so all i have is a Vivi Nova also. The Genesis type tanks are sold out just about everywhere you look, so clone may be the only thing to try for now.
Yeah, I still have not received a ship notice yet (i guess that whole 2-4 day thing is no joke). I am seriously thinking about investing in a Z atty pro when they are available again. Either way I am super stoked about the provari, every time I hit this scarred up battle worn Kgo, I want the provari more!

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i'm so almost there...i've wanted one since i started getting serious about vaping. i started with a regular ego, then a twist. i love the twist! once i learned a little more about vv, i decided i had to get a pro vari. i decided to go completely off analogs for at least a month and to make sure this whole vaping "thing" wasn't just another of my passing obsessions. now, i've been cigarette free for over a month, and i don't plan on going back for any reason. vaping is so much more satisfying.

i found a great deal on a lava type tube from ivape.net last week, and i had to get it. 40 dollars for the tube, 2 batteries, a charger, and a case. oh... and two atomizers. how could i let that pass? 3 days into playing with the varitube, i am in love with it. but i know once i get the pro vari (which i will be getting next month...fo' sho'!), it's going to collect dust on my shelf...

everybody seems to love love love the pro vari. i have read so many good things about them that i know it will be worth the investment.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Its been a full day without the Lava Tube, figured out how to wrap a Vivi Nova head with more ohms so I can now use my Provari , I had been useing Ce2'

s at 3.7v (E-Power) and it didnt make sence to switch to the Provari to do 3.7v, so there it sat while the Lava Tube got all the action,which worked on my

early wraps being low ohms, .09 and such. now im wraping a decent 3 ohm and the Pro v hasnt left my side..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread