Black and Mild Smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatrinaMarie15

May 17, 2018
Hello I'm new to the ecig community I just needed some help figuring stuff out.
I started smoking blacks three years ago and I wanted to try Ecigs I hate how I feel from smoking and I would quit but I love all the designs of Vapes. I was looking for liquids and realized there's different nicotine mgs and I'm not quite sure what would be equal to Jazz B&Ms.
Ask questions if needed I really need answers thank you

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Too many variables to give a semi accurate beginning nic mg/ml recommendation.
Depends on how many you smoke per day, type of delivery device used, method of inhale, power range used, absorption rate, type of nicotine / freebase vs nic salts and so on.
Vaping versus smoking is quite different, there really isn't an accurate formula like 2 cigars per day = 12 mg/ml.

Jazz B/M actually contain quite a high level of nic.
The key is to use a high enough nic mg/ml to help calm the cravings, but low enough not to cause symptoms of nicotine sickness.

I'd suggest getting small bottles various nic mg/ml liquids say 3, 6, 12, 18 and experiment to see what works best for you.
Be a good idea to get some 0 nic too, so you can dilute those you find too strong.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is complicated.

Step one: do you want LOTS of vapor per puff, and to use lower MG nicotine and create more vapor? If so you'd be looking at what is called "sub0hm" vaping, which usually requires a larger device, has coils that are of lower resistance and vaped at higher wattage, with less nic per puff (because the puffs are large?) If so, I'd suggest trying some higher VG (vegetable glycerin) lower nic juices, like 3, 4, 6 m.g. etc. Some folks prefer this type of vaping out of the gate. It does use more juice and battery power.

Or, do you want to MTL vape, where the puff and draw is more similar to a cigarette, and you use less eliquid per puff but at higher strength? Often, MTL devices are smaller, you would need less battery life and less liquid (although at a higher percentage of nicotine, it really can be six of one, half a dozen of the other and etc. That type of setup, many folks starting out will be looking in the 12--24 range, depending on how much they smoked. Often, the juices are vaped with less VG, and more PG

Those are some generalities, but we do need to know what type of vaper you are, to give you a better sense of what your options are.

Please keep asking questions, until you feel like you understand. I'm rooting for you. Switching to vaping after only 3 years of smoking is ideal. I got more addicted to tobacco the longer I smoked it, so welcome to ECF.

Keep asking questions :)

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: SomethingElse

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
A German vaper group recently made a survey and based on that data devised a tool to calculate what you'll approximately need as someone switching to vaping
Umstiegsrechner - Interessengemeinschaft E-Dampfen e.V.

Presumably you don't speak German but you can use google translate in a different tab to do the translating for you (the tool itself won't work via translate, at least it doesn't for me).
Google Translate

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Jazz B/M isn't a cigarette, they are cigarillos / mini cigars & contain 100 - 200 milligrams of nic, each...
Usually not inhaled but smoke held in mouth for varying time periods which effects absorption rate, if inhaled absorption can be much higher.

Absorption rate is all but impossible to determine without use of cotinine tests.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello I'm new to the Ecig community I just needed some help figuring stuff out.
I started smoking blacks three years ago and I wanted to try Ecigs I hate how I feel from smoking and I would quit but I love all the designs of Vapes. I was looking for liquids and realized there's different nicotine mgs and I'm not quite sure what would be equal to Jazz B&Ms.
Ask questions if needed I really need answers thank you
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you learn more about vaping and provide many answers.
Haptic Habit
A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
frequently_asked_questions - electronic_cigarette
Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
r/electronic_cigarette - Visual Learning - Beginner's guide to vaping
Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping
Nicotine Strengths In Refill Liquid

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread